Author Topic: Lemmings Plus III Level Voteoff (Winner: Rough 7 "Hardwired!")  (Read 7463 times)

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
Well, I figured that LPIII's been out for a while now, so it might be time to do one of these like I did with the earlier LP packs.

So, the format will be similar. Each rank will be divided into two groups. Group 1 will be levels 1 to 9, and Group 2 will be levels 10 to 17 (or 18, for Dodgy). Following those voteoffs, the winners from each group within a rank will be voted off, and then finally, those winners, with one more round between the top two levels from the first winners round.

So,

Timid 1-9 (2 votes): Timid 3 "Strike It Down!", Timid 4 "Roundabout Run", Timid 8 "Scatterlem"
Timid 10-17 (2 votes): Timid 10 "What Does This Button Do?", Timid 15 "Locked Out!"
Dodgy 1-9 (2 votes): Dodgy 7 "Experimental Materials", Dodgy 8 "Synergistic Effect"
Dodgy 10-18 (2 votes): Dodgy 11 "Extra Skill Required"
Rough 1-9 (2 votes): Rough 7 "Hardwired!"
Rough 10-17 (2 votes): Rough 13 "Shmooth Shailing"
Fierce 1-9 (2 votes): Fierce 1 "Dead Is The New Black"
Fierce 10-17 (2 votes): Fierce 13 "Crossover Arena"

Timid's winners (2 votes): Timid 15 "Locked Out!"
Dodgy's winners (1 vote): Dodgy 8 "Synergistic Effect"
Rough's winners (1 vote): Rough 7 "Hardwired!"
Fierce's winners (1 vote): Fierce 13 "Crossover Arena"

Rank winners (2 votes): Dodgy 8 "Synergistic Effect", Rough 7 "Hardwired!"

Final (1 vote): Rough 7 "Hardwired!"

Bonus round (Winner of voteoffs vs all-time winner from previous voteoffs)
Genius 8 (LPII) "Panic Attack" vs Rough 7 (LPIII) "Hardwired!"
Winner: Genius 8 (LPII) "Panic Attack"

I'll decide on the vote limits for later rounds based on how many levels qualify, rather than attempting to decide them upfront. Most likely it'll be one per round, but if there's especially large ties, it might be two or even three. And then for fun, once we have a winner, I'll do a voteoff between it and the overall winner from previous packs (which was Genius 8 "Panic Attack" from LPII).

EDIT: Okay, so for the playoffs between rank winners, two votes for Timid due to the large amount of qualifying levels, one vote for the other ranks. After that, the winner(s) from each rank will be in a two-vote round, with the top two levels (even if they're not tied) entering a final round with one vote.
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
Re: Lemmings Plus III Level Voteoff
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2014, 06:23:56 AM »
As with the last ones, I'll make some predictions. Of course, I haven't received as much feedback, so I'm less confident of these than I was with previous packs.

Timid winner: "Locked Out!"
Dodgy winner: Either "Extra Skill Required" or "The North Korean Method"
Rough winner: "Viva Las Lemmine"
Fierce winner: "Crossover Arena"

Overall winner: "Viva Las Lemmine"

EDIT: Okay, two of those levels were knocked out in the first round, including my overall winner prediction, so here's my new ones based on the first round results:

Timid winner: "Locked Out!"
Dodgy winner: "Extra Skill Required"
Rough winner: "Hardwired!"
Fierce winner: "Crossover Arena"

Overall winner: "Extra Skill Required"
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
Re: Lemmings Plus III Level Voteoff
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2014, 05:13:58 PM »
Yay for three-way ties. :P We sure seem to get a lot of those in these voteoffs.

In this case, it's between Timid 3 "Strike It Down!", Timid 4 "Roundabout Run" and Timid 8 "Scatterlem". The last one being the only one that I myself voted for. :P My other vote was for Timid 6 "The Rebound".

Next round is up!
My Lemmings projects

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
Re: Lemmings Plus III Level Voteoff (Currently: Timid 10 to Timid 17)
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2014, 01:29:17 AM »
Two-way this time, between Timid 10 "What Does This Button Do?" and Timid 15 "Locked Out!".

My votes this round were Timid 12 "No Floaters, Guaranteed" and Timid 15 "Locked Out!".

New round is up.
My Lemmings projects

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
Re: Lemmings Plus III Level Voteoff (Currently: Dodgy 1 to Dodgy 9)
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2014, 02:50:50 PM »
Two-way between Dodgy 7 "Experimental Materials" and Dodgy 8 "Synergistic Effect". I fully expected the latter, not so much the former. My votes were for the latter, and Dodgy 1 "Boost Jumper". Seems very unanimous this time too - apart from my vote for Dodgy 1, there was only one other vote that wasn't for either of the two winners. :O

New round is up!
My Lemmings projects

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
Re: Lemmings Plus III Level Voteoff (Currently: Dodgy 10 to Dodgy 18)
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2014, 11:28:58 AM »
Okay, well there's our first non-tied round! Dodgy 11 "Extra Skill Required" is the clear winner! (As a point of interest, the remaining votes were split equally between Dodgy 13 "Flag Games" - very unexpected! - and Dodgy 17 "The North Korean Method".)

New round is up.

My Lemmings projects

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
Re: Lemmings Plus III Level Voteoff (Currently: Rough 1 to Rough 9)
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2014, 04:24:49 PM »
Alright, so our winner from this round is Rough 7 "Hardwired!". While I did expect that level to do well, I didn't expect it to win - I was expecting Viva Las Lemmine to. o_O (I voted for both of those two myself.)

Anyway, next round is up.
I found this round a bit hard to vote in - I won't say what my votes were until this round's over, but in general, especially after the original Rough 14 was moved to Rough 8, there aren't so many levels that I like that much towards the end of Rough.
My Lemmings projects

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
Re: Lemmings Plus III Level Voteoff (Currently: Rough 10 to Rough 17)
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2014, 02:55:53 PM »
Winner from this round is Rough 13 "Shmooth Shailing"! My votes were for it and "Lem Particle".

Next round is up. Now, this has a lot more levels that I really like in it - which also makes it hard to choose. xD

By the way, I noticed one person voted for Rough 17 - does that mean this person's beaten that level? Just wondering because currently, it's still on the list of levels that haven't been beaten by anyone yet. (Indeed, I'd find it quite surprising if it hadn't been beaten; it's not overly hard.)
My Lemmings projects

Offline Minim

• View Profile
Re: Lemmings Plus III Level Voteoff (Currently: Fierce 1 to Fierce 9)
« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2014, 03:27:29 PM »
I think it was me that voted for Rough 17. I still haven't solved it yet, but I believe that it's a great backwards-walking puzzle that'll keep me guessing. I wasn't so sure whether to go for 11, 12 or 17, so as I had to vote for two levels, I went with 12 and 17. I thought you were allowed to vote for levels that you haven't beaten yet (that's why they're in the poll anyway).
Level Solving Contest creator. Anybody bored and looking for a different challenge? Try these levels!

Neolemmix: #1 #4 #5 #6
Lix: #2  #7
Both Engines: #3

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2014, 03:31:45 PM »
Yep, of course you are - I just wondered, because I wanted to remove it from the unbeaten levels list if it *had* been beaten. :)
My Lemmings projects

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #10 on: August 29, 2014, 05:16:08 AM »
Bit of variety in the votes here, and a new record for how many people have voted! I'm surprised to see Fierce 4 get any votes, let alone two, as that's a bit of a long dragged-out level; there again those kind of levels are very rare in LPIII, so maybe that's why.

My votes went to Fierce 1 and Fierce 8. The former has always been one of my favorites, while the latter is partly due to how impressed I am with how hard people are finding it, and partly because I do find it quite fun - I also like, and this somewhat spoils the solution so I'll spoiler it:

...how, with the correct solution, everything falls almost perfectly into place, rather than needing the kinds of fine-tuning that some timing-dependant levels have.

This round did have another single clear winner; and that was Fierce 1 "Dead Is The New Black".

New round is up. :) Before voting, I encourage you to have another go at the two secret levels; they both have pretty clever solutions and haven't been beaten yet (as far as I'm aware).
My Lemmings projects

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
Re: Lemmings Plus III Level Voteoff (Currently: Fierce 10 to Fierce 17)
« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2014, 12:28:28 AM »
I left this one going a bit longer because the votes weren't coming in so fast, but I think it's time to move to the next round now. At any rate, it would've taken at least two more voters to simply make it a tie (let alone a different winner) anyway, and we've only had one round so far with that many voters.

So, our winner is Fierce 13 "Crossover Arena". Which was one of my votes too, along with Fierce 11 "The "Lemming" Experiment".

So, we have all our winners from the first set of rounds. Time to start playing the winners off against each other! Note that the number of votes allowed will differ between rounds in some cases here (due to large numbers of winners), so pay careful attention!
My Lemmings projects

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
Re: Lemmings Plus III Level Voteoff (Currently: Timid winners)
« Reply #12 on: September 01, 2014, 12:09:37 AM »
Alright, we have a winner! Timid 15 "Locked Out!" :D

Next round is up.
My Lemmings projects

Offline Minim

• View Profile
Re: Lemmings Plus III Level Voteoff (Currently: Dodgy winners)
« Reply #13 on: September 01, 2014, 02:54:07 PM »
Oops! I accidentally voted twice when I was clearly asked to vote for one. Anyway, I'm going for Synergistic effect, rather than Extra Skill required, where my other vote was placed.
Level Solving Contest creator. Anybody bored and looking for a different challenge? Try these levels!

Neolemmix: #1 #4 #5 #6
Lix: #2  #7
Both Engines: #3

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
Re: Lemmings Plus III Level Voteoff (Currently: Dodgy winners)
« Reply #14 on: September 01, 2014, 03:09:23 PM »
No worries, I'll keep that in mind when I end this round (probably fairly soon). Unfortuantely, the forum doesn't allow changing the number of votes when editing a poll; I can only change the options themself and reset the vote counts, so that's why it's stuck like that. :/
My Lemmings projects