Author Topic: Fall distance challenge  (Read 10588 times)

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
Re: Fall distance challenge
« Reply #15 on: January 09, 2014, 10:25:34 PM »
It shouldn't be too hard to do that, I'll look into it later on tonight.
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline Minim

• View Profile
Re: Fall distance challenge
« Reply #16 on: January 10, 2014, 06:43:23 AM »
I hope we soon get the version ccexplore mentioned, where we can set the safe fall distance via the INI rather than requesting a new version for each value. Also, I would like to see a version with Simon's idea, where lemmings are spawned with a (negative) number of pixels already fallen. In particular, rather than a chaos of different results, I think we should separate this into two challenges: (1) Find, for each level, the minimum safe fall distance, without using Simon's idea; (2) Find a list of levels that can be solved with Simon's idea and safe fall distance 0.

I think that's the best way to organise it. If we get the version ccexplore mentioned, we will have more accurate results rather than having to rely on Lemmini, which has some terrain differences on some of the levels. We can therefore set up a table for the levels in (1) and just a list for (2) and although (2) will involve redesigning the levels, this shouldn't be too difficult or tedious to set up.
Level Solving Contest creator. Anybody bored and looking for a different challenge? Try these levels!

Neolemmix: #1 #4 #5 #6
Lix: #2  #7
Both Engines: #3