Author Topic: Lemmings Plus II  (Read 30588 times)

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
Re: Lemmings Plus II - Release Topic
« Reply #15 on: December 01, 2013, 03:08:28 AM »
Nice. Your solution on Cheeky 6 beats Akseli by 1%, so congrats on the new record. =P

Your Cheeky 5 solution is very similar to how I acheived 100% on it.

Has anyone had a go at Cunning or Genius yet? I know Akseli's on Cunning 2 (I don't think he's tried Genius, apart from the demo levels?)
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline Akseli

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 01, 2013, 04:58:56 PM »
Is there a way to go back to previous levels, or do I have to write down all the access codes as with original Lemmings?
For the first release, I've disabled the Lemmix cheat codes and LookForLVLFiles. I WILL re-enable them (or at least the cheat codes) in a later release.
I had many troubles figuring out from the ratings and level numbers which level is which, I remember them a lot better from their titles. Now I wrote all the passwords and the level titles in the same text file so I recognize them immediately. Before that I had to go through again the entire rating with my replays for getting access to the certain levels, because I noticed that the cheat codes don't work. :P That's actually a really good thing in this initial release, so nobody will just jump over the levels to the very end of the game and spoil his/her fun.

Okay, now I also became interested in maximum saved challenges, here are some solutions.

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #17 on: December 01, 2013, 09:22:57 PM »
Nice work on those.
However, I beat one of them by quite a bit... ;)
I think this might still be improvable, though.
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline Akseli

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 01, 2013, 11:17:46 PM »
Cunning rating! :)

I'll enter the Genius rating on Thursday probably, yep starting from the level #1. Again, I want to give comments of all these levels a bit later! Really have to do some other stuff now, gosh this game is addictive. :P

Online Proxima

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 01, 2013, 11:40:49 PM »
I'm catching up... got through Sneaky now. I see it takes after Taxing, in being the third rating and having the first level be one of the hardest. Still, there are definitely some nice levels in here!  :thumbsup:

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #20 on: December 01, 2013, 11:54:06 PM »
It also takes after it in that we both disagree on that point, I find both Sneaky 1 and Taxing 1 fairly easy. =P (It's actually one of the few Taxing levels that *didn't* give me any difficulty the first time I played.)

EDIT: Ah, I see. Your solution is FAR more complex than it needs to be; that would be why. ;)
My Lemmings projects

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #21 on: December 02, 2013, 12:09:56 AM »
Cunning rating! :)

I'll enter the Genius rating on Thursday probably, yep starting from the level #1. Again, I want to give comments of all these levels a bit later! Really have to do some other stuff now, gosh this game is addictive. :P

Cunning 2 - Nice. I'm not sure how I didn't manage to save 98%. o_O

Cunning 6 - Backroute, still... this level is going to be a pain...

Cunning 8 - Nice. That's not the only exit though. ;)

Cunning 10 - Also a backroute.

Cunning 11 - Nice. You caught on to the floater being a decoy. ;)

Cunning 12 - Nice, a fair bit different from my solution. (I also used all the builders, though.)

The others there's nothing much to comment on, but some nice %s in there. =) I liked your approach to 20, quite simple.
My Lemmings projects

Offline Akseli

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 02, 2013, 12:33:14 AM »
Cunning 9 all saved and Cunning 20 one lost.

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #23 on: December 02, 2013, 12:40:16 AM »
Nice work on both! =D
My Lemmings projects

Offline geoo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 04, 2013, 06:28:23 AM »
Replays for Sneaky and the first half of Cunning, posting right now as I won't be able to play more within the next few days. Enjoying it so far, though it feels like the difficulty is all over the place, with the first 5 levels of each of the two ratings notably harder than the next few ones iirc. Hard to remember without a good quick reference to the levels.
Only thing annoying me are the traps in the sand style, even if they caught you once it's hard to remember the exact positions, and there's no chance to see them on your first attempt at all.
And the fact that I can select a different skill while in fast forward, but that's a minor thing.
Are there any hotkeys to Save/Load a save state? Neither of the default bindings seem to work.

In the one level with the tree with one-way arrows, I could just bash through the steel below. (Don't remember name nor position, only that it was in Sneaky.)

Offline mobius

• relax.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 04, 2013, 08:37:32 PM »
In the one level with the tree with one-way arrows, I could just bash through the steel below. (Don't remember name nor position, only that it was in Sneaky.)

I dont think this is the same level but I found missing steel as well:
(sorry can't remember the title) I blew up a blocker standing on the steel
everything by me: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=5982.msg96035#msg96035

"Not knowing how near the truth is, we seek it far away."
-Hakuin Ekaku

"I have seen a heap of trouble in my life, and most of it has never come to pass" - Mark Twain

Offline Akseli

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 04, 2013, 08:53:24 PM »
Namida posted here the hotkeys for his Lemmix Player. It might have sense to put those hotkeys in the first posts of these LP topics also. :P Enter to save state and backspace to load state.

The level in möbius' picture is Nice 8: Evolved Lemming. EDIT: The level that geoo indicated is Sneaky 15: The Long Way To Treedom. Btw, is the title of Genius 1 "Emergency Rescue Proceedure" spelled correctly, shouldn't that be "Procedure"?

I played all the Genius levels through yesterday and sent my original solutions and challenge solutions privately to namida, I might post them here also after I'm sure that namida has seen them first. Comments will come later!

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #27 on: December 04, 2013, 11:09:01 PM »
Cant watch them until Sunday, sorry.

Now that all the main levels have been beaten, I will mention: There are, in fact, 105 levels. How to access the last 5 is for the players to work out. ;) There are hints if you look hard enough.

Some of you may have noticed one of the screenshots doesn't correspond to any level you've seen. ;)
My Lemmings projects

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #28 on: December 09, 2013, 10:38:51 AM »
I've uploaded the replays for Nice.
My Lemmings projects

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #29 on: December 10, 2013, 08:38:05 AM »
Okay, over the next couple of days I'm going to fix up backroutes and other things and release an update. I've received a lot of solutions that aren't the same as mine, and in general, most of these I have not deemed "backroutes", as long as they still contain any major elements of the intended solution and are not too easy.

Would be appreciated if others could send me their solutions (to these levels or others) so I can catch as much as possible.

Note: I have decided that I will not consider *ANYTHING* to be a backroute in Nice or Cheeky. I will be also a bit more lenient than normal with Sneaky.

In some cases, I've also changed my mind from my original decisions as to whether to consider certain solutions backroutes or not.

The levels to be fixed are, as well as the ones that are complete:

Nice 17 - "Lemmings Gettin' Down" (improving difficulty, DONE)
Nice 19 - "Live And Let Lem" (fixing terrain oddities, FIXED)
Sneaky 5 - "Misfortune of the Masses" (odd trigger area, FIXED)
Sneaky 13 - "From The Lemmings' Mouth" (backroutes, FIXED)
Sneaky 15 - "The Long Way To Treedom" (missing steel areas, FIXED)
Sneaky 18 - "A Two-Pronged Approach" (backroutes, FIXED)
Sneaky 19 - "Turnabout Lemming" (backroutes, FIXED)
Cunning 6 - "Cleverbash" (backroutes, FIXED)
Cunning 10 - "Shotgun Run" (backroutes, FIXED)
Genius 3 - "If You're Lemmy And You Know It" (backroutes, FIXED)
Genius 7 - "Another Fall Survival Puzzle" (backroutes, FIXED)
Genius 17 - "No Construction Zone" (backroutes, FIXED)*
Genius 19 - "Wrong Way Mister Lemming" (backroutes, FIXED)
Genius 20 - "Cactus Central" (backroutes, FIXED)

* Akseli: Your solution to Genius 17 is *not* a backroute (in fact, it's almost exactly the same as my solution); I found a backroute myself.

I would especially like solutions to Genius 8 "Panic Attack" - Akseli came up with more or less exactly the same solution I did, but I'd be very surprised if there's absoltuely no backroutes on it...
My Lemmings projects