Author Topic: Lemmings Touch - New Lemmings game on the way!  (Read 6877 times)

Offline Luis

• View Profile
Re: Lemmings Touch - New Lemmings game on the way!
« Reply #15 on: November 01, 2013, 09:26:17 PM »
I can't think of another Lemmings fansite that is as active as this one. Maybe their just going to PlayStation forums.
Mr. Lemmings PSP user.

Offline Prob Lem

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 01, 2013, 11:55:51 PM »
I can't think of another Lemmings fansite that is as active as this one. Maybe their just going to PlayStation forums.
Yeah, same here, and that's what I was thinking, too. The wording used seems to be extremely vague, and they certainly don't outright say "Lemmings fan-sites"...

Offline Luis

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 26, 2013, 07:38:25 AM »
What I like about the new Lemmings is there's a villain now. I wonder what he does. If he was a boss, how will that work with Lemmings mechanics? I rarely see a puzzle game with bosses. In Lemmings, any level that is hard for you to solve is a boss.
Mr. Lemmings PSP user.

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #18 on: November 26, 2013, 08:38:15 AM »
Think monsters like in L3 that are harmed if they're in a bomber's radius. That's my idea of how a boss would work in Lemmings. (Potential idea for LPIII? ...Nah, too much effort...)
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline Prob Lem

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 27, 2013, 12:03:21 AM »
What I like about the new Lemmings is there's a villain now. I wonder what he does.
Well, there have been bad guys in the series before - The Lemmings Chronicles had the Potato Beast, Psycho Buzzard, and Lemme Fatale monsters, Lomax had Evil Ed (if Evil Ed really counts, since Lomax is a platformer ;P), and Lemmings Revolution had the weasels...

That said, I think they've spoken a teeny bit about this. They referred to these in the interview that Mr. K linked to as "Mischievous Lemmings", and the official trailer says that "Not all lemmings are here to play", which for the moment I've taken to mean that these guys will be somewhat like previous bad guys that have appeared. One preview (which I can't find right now, annoyingly) has suggested that the evil lemmings will wreck the work of your Builders, and things like that, though.

(I must admit, as I mentioned briefly in the Minecraft thread in the Video Games section of the forum, this game has somehow managed to melt away my cynicism and skepticism about it, and I'm quite looking forward to it, now. :D It and several other titles swung me on getting a Vita, so I'll write up a review once I pick it up.)

Offline Prob Lem

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 13, 2013, 03:09:48 PM »
New footage and info!

http://www.theaveragegamer.com/2013/12/05/new-lemming-type-touch-footage/

The video at the link above showcases customisation of how your lemmings look (for example, you can change the colour of their hair and clothing, add accessories, and change the look of implements used in conjunction with some skills), as well as showing the "Mischievous Lemmings" in action.

It turns out that the evil guys come out of the entrance with the normal ones. They do things like destroying the exit, and you have to actually make the effort to kill them, rather than aiding your lemmings in avoiding them. I think that this could shake things up in an interesting fashion, and I'm glad that it's turned out to be quite different to what I was expecting.

Offline Mr. K

• Former admin, always Lemmings fan
    • View Profile
    • Wafflenet
« Reply #21 on: December 13, 2013, 07:55:10 PM »
Huh, that's an interesting twist!  I actually ended up ordering a Vita a few days ago, so I'll be able to check this out when it gets released.

Offline Prob Lem

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 14, 2013, 01:18:51 PM »
I imported one of the new "Slim" versions from Japan, but it's all wrapped up for Christmas, so even if Lemmings Touch was released next week, I couldn't play it yet. Bah, humbug! (I'm almost expecting a February release, at this point, though, for some reason, perhaps due to when the original game was released.)

That said, at least you can register, use, and purchase items with, a PSN account without actually having any hardware registered to it. I've picked up a couple of things in the pre-Christmas sales already. If I have to, I'll do the same with Lemmings Touch, and then make it the first game I play on the day. :thumbsup:

Offline Prob Lem

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 18, 2013, 11:54:11 PM »
The tiniest bit of new footage can be found below;

http://youtu.be/7vGTOctLzwc?t=47s

It's part of another video, and finally gives a release-window that, after today's no-show on the last PS Store update of this year, now seems obvious (if only I'd seen this video when it went up!).

This also contains another bit of info that I had suspected, but was nonetheless very pleased to hear. I think that that one warrants its own topic, so I'll go and post that now.

Offline Tiduas

• View Profile
    • YouTube Channel with a focus on Retro and Indie titles.
« Reply #24 on: February 15, 2014, 03:28:53 AM »
Have we heard anything more about this game yet? After a quick search on google I only find info from the announcement and that is pretty much it. My Vita needs this game! :(
YouTube channel about video game music, retro and indie games.
https://www.youtube.com/@Teedyan

Offline Prob Lem

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 16, 2014, 01:48:51 AM »
Nothing more yet. To the very best of my knowledge, this thread has compiled the most up-to-date information there is anywhere! :thumbsup: Even the official PlayStation Blog hasn't been publicising it outside of the initial announcement last September, and the videos that I linked to above seem to just have been scattered to different outside sources, rather than the official publicity ones.

Myself, I was hoping for a release this past Wednesday (Wednesday being the PlayStation Store update-day), since that would have put it close to the series' anniversary date on February 14th, but there was nothing.

Offline mobius

• relax.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 16, 2014, 06:34:43 PM »
Nothing more yet. To the very best of my knowledge, this thread has compiled the most up-to-date information there is anywhere! :thumbsup: Even the official PlayStation Blog hasn't been publicising it outside of the initial announcement last September, and the videos that I linked to above seem to just have been scattered to different outside sources, rather than the official publicity ones.

Myself, I was hoping for a release this past Wednesday (Wednesday being the PlayStation Store update-day), since that would have put it close to the series' anniversary date on February 14th, but there was nothing.

I hope comments like the on I made somewhere [once again lost it, thought it was in this thread] don't deter game designers.  :( Of course I'd be very happy for a new Lemmings game even if its on a console I don't have. There's a always a chance they might port it to PC, however slim. [or that ccexplore will eventually do the hard work and rip the levels from it for lvl format  :P ]
 I'd be happy for a revamp on the series and new puzzles of course.
I took another look at one of those videos and it looks like there are some new game features in there.  :thumbsup:
everything by me: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=5982.msg96035#msg96035

"Not knowing how near the truth is, we seek it far away."
-Hakuin Ekaku

"I have seen a heap of trouble in my life, and most of it has never come to pass" - Mark Twain

Offline Luis

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 16, 2014, 07:36:38 PM »
There's a always a chance they might port it to PC, however slim. [or that ccexplore will eventually do the hard work and rip the levels from it for lvl format  :P
This Lemmings has touch features where you can move terrains with your finger. I can build the levels in Lemmix, like I did with the ones in the PSP but it wouldn't be the same levels, since Lemmix doesn't have touch screen and cannons.
Mr. Lemmings PSP user.