Author Topic: Lemmings Level Jam - #1  (Read 31582 times)

Offline Adam

• Just one more level....
    • View Profile
    • Lemmings Forums
Re: Lemmings Level Jam - #1 - LET THE JAMMING BEGIN
« Reply #15 on: March 27, 2013, 04:51:04 PM »
It's a very enjoyable level, and I'm not sure if this is the intended route, or a backroute, but this is how I did it.

Offline Proxima

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 27, 2013, 05:16:29 PM »
92%, just wants some RR tweaking to pass the level.

Offline Minim

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 27, 2013, 05:32:28 PM »
Well well well, Adam has found a very unusual way of solving my level, using only 10 skills, but it works! There is an easier way to do this, one which saves a bomber.

Sorry Proxima, but I can't see your replay. You've probably used CustLemm again, which is what I don't have access to on Lemmix. Could you explain your method on getting 92%?
Level Solving Contest creator. Anybody bored and looking for a different challenge? Try these levels!

Neolemmix: #1 #4 #5 #6
Lix: #2  #7
Both Engines: #3

Offline Proxima

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 27, 2013, 05:39:36 PM »
Sure:
1. Make the first lemming from the upper entrance bomb and block before the trap, bringing both groups of lemmings together.
2. Make the second lemming from the upper entrance air-bash twice so he doesn't turn round before the blocker explodes.
3. Make the first lemming from the lower entrance bash under the trap, then bash the mesh so the lemmings don't splat.
4. Make the second lemming to fall from the mesh bash immediately, then block after one stroke. This traps all the lemmings except one just to his right.
5. The one lemming who went past will return, go through the blocker again, and head up the mesh. Make him bash one strand, then block on the far left.
6. When all lemmings are compressed by the blocker, blow him up. In my replay, I still lost two to the final trap (hence 92%) but this could be avoided by fine-tuning the RR changes.

Offline chaos_defrost

• the artist formerly known as Insane Steve
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 30, 2013, 07:01:47 AM »
I can already hear the backroute goddesses laughing uncontrollably behind my back here, but have a level
"こんなげーむにまじになっちゃってどうするの"

~"Beat" Takeshi Kitano

Offline geoo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 30, 2013, 07:12:02 AM »
I'd appreciate a deadline extension  :XD: Even just a single day would help.

I have two other things that I need to get done by Monday, so chances are I wouldn't even be able to whip up a quick level by then.

Offline Clam

• Smiley: :8():
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 30, 2013, 08:13:23 AM »
I started looking for a proper solution for Mazeochism, but then I found a rogue steel block under the water which would make any normal solution impossible. So I went with the disrespectful backroute option instead :)

edit: Solved Electric Factory too :)

Offline chaos_defrost

• the artist formerly known as Insane Steve
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 30, 2013, 09:49:01 AM »

yes the backroute goddesses are actually daemons shut up also I can't draw either so double shut up

Here's a version with no steel out of absolutely nowhere and a hopefully fixed water pool, I hope
"こんなげーむにまじになっちゃってどうするの"

~"Beat" Takeshi Kitano

Offline Proxima

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 31, 2013, 03:17:32 PM »
Seconding the request for a deadline extension. The Sonic Center are having a charity marathon all this week, and watching it has absorbed most of my free time :P

Offline mobius

• relax.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 31, 2013, 07:19:00 PM »

yes the backroute goddesses are actually daemons shut up also I can't draw either so double shut up

Here's a version with no steel out of absolutely nowhere and a hopefully fixed water pool, I hope

hey, how did you know what my sister looks like?

------------

anyway; here’s my entry.
everything by me: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=5982.msg96035#msg96035

"Not knowing how near the truth is, we seek it far away."
-Hakuin Ekaku

"I have seen a heap of trouble in my life, and most of it has never come to pass" - Mark Twain

Offline geoo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Lemmings Level Jam - #1
« Reply #25 on: April 01, 2013, 07:24:16 AM »
Ok, I found an old level dated Feb 2011 which I don't remember posting here (though I might have), so if that's ok and unless there's a deadline extension (In that case I'd try to realize an idea that I have right now into a level), this is my submission.
EDIT: Ugh I'm dumb. This level isn't even Crystal. Just crystallize it. x_x

I solved the three levels that have been posted here, enjoyed all three of them.

Offline Clam

• Smiley: :8():
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 01, 2013, 09:23:09 AM »
Here's my entry (attached) :)

A couple of notes:
- I used an "out of bounds" release rate because 1 was too fast. It's set to "150" which is about 6 and a half seconds between spawns. I figured this way is more elegant than the alternatives: put a dud hatch over the exit, or compress parts of the level thus making it harder.
- The level validator complains because I moved the hatch and exit across a bit (for purely aesthetic reasons). The game can handle this just fine, so there's no need for it to complain :P

Offline Adam

• View Profile
    • Lemmings Forums
« Reply #27 on: April 01, 2013, 03:47:12 PM »
Apologies for the quietness - been in a massive row with the web hosts, and was setting all my free time to getting that sorted!

Offline Adam

• View Profile
    • Lemmings Forums
« Reply #28 on: April 01, 2013, 03:48:09 PM »
The deadline's been extended to 8th April at noon, but may be extended again depending on how things pan out with the web hosts.

Offline geoo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 02, 2013, 10:58:05 PM »
Ok, I managed to get some level done, though I'm not too fond of it. Might or might not be annoying to play: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/43603680/LSS.lvl

Clam updated his level during the meantime: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/57182300/Contest/Clam%20-%20Switchback%20Symmetry%20v2.lvl

EDIT: Now attached.