Author Topic: do you feal like nobody like's your ideas or topics or don't under stand you  (Read 7700 times)

Offline Tim

• Skype name: timfoxxy
    • View Profile
I suppose Im a part of this "bandwagon" a little bit. Mostly because I am very limited in what I can achieve with creating levels and organising them. I find it very difficult to come up with ways of making levels very challenging and trying to keep off the builder excessive levels. Im not saying anybody should be helping me to improve my levels, Im just alot less active on the forums because I cant come up with much else to say or do.

And I do have a disability, its called Aspergers/Austism if that makes any sense.

Offline chaos_defrost

• the artist formerly known as Insane Steve
    • View Profile
Yes go Team Asperger's  :P

Admittedly, my case is a milder one, but it's still prevalent -- I wouldn't consider it a disability at all really; it just causes a different style of thinking. For example, things like statistics and mathematics in particular come very easily to me, but seeing social norms and reading faces is hard. Also I find things like Lemmings, DDR (I make customs for that too), and poker absolutely fascinating. Different thought style, nothing else really.

Also I don't find it all that surprising that a game like Lemmings would attract people with Asperger's -- the game itself is fun, but there's so many more things to do with it (fewest skills, fewest skills common to all solutions, least amount of time, and of course customs and playing customs; the list goes on really).
"こんなげーむにまじになっちゃってどうするの"

~"Beat" Takeshi Kitano

Offline Clam

• Smiley: :8():
    • View Profile
Heh, that's true, you gotta be a little crazy to stick with Lemmings. :D

(For the record, I've never actually been diagnosed with a mental condition.)

I must turn from this,

Firm-ness: 25%
Fair-ness: 5%
Fun-ness: 70%

Into this.

Firm-ness: 0%
Fair-ness: 35%
Fun-ness: 65%

You want to be less fun? Why would you want to do that? ;P

Offline Tim

• Skype name: timfoxxy
    • View Profile
Well when it comes to wanting others to try out my levels, I can be just about certain that I will get the answer "lame levels" or "boring levels", but I dont blame them. I look for more design in my levels rather than "challenge level", and then the skill distribution comes after that without thinking much about it (I dont really look at my level and see what I can do about making it challenging). The skill distribution more is more like slapping paint all over my level lol.

I could bring up a topic that asks people to review some levels of mine, then to see what they can do about making it better (by better I mean adding/removing a few pieces and changing skills around to make the level somewhat of a challenge). Honestly I dont really care what happens to the skills in the level or if the level itself slightly altered, as long as my general idea for the level is still intact (title and design) somebody else can use the level as their own, as long as they credit me for the original design :)

Offline GigaLem

• The Dog That Brought Lemmings to Avalice
    • View Profile
Yes go Team Asperger's

Hey! i have Asperger's
Wow i can't beleave my topic is hot

It get's to your head
you feal down in the dumps
it SUCKs!!!

Offline GuyPerfect

• View Profile
(For the record, I've never actually been diagnosed with a mental condition.)

You are affected by bivalviophilia. The condition is permanent and there is no treatment.

Offline Minim

• View Profile
Just summarising some comments here:

Admittedly, my case is a milder one, but it's still prevalent -- I wouldn't consider it a disability at all really; it just causes a different style of thinking.

Also I don't find it all that surprising that a game like Lemmings would attract people with Asperger's.

My case is a milder one as well, and also, I was looking at an old newspaper which found the difference between Asperger Syndrome and autism. The latter was affected by speech.

In response to ISteve's second sentence, compare that to little Big Planet.
That is a creative autistic guy's dream. Fortunately I don't have it, which avoids me getting addicted. :)

You want to be less fun? Why would you want to do that? ;P

Argh! :scared: Well spotted, Clam Spammer. I might as well change it now.

I suppose I'm a part of this "bandwagon" a little bit. Mostly because I am very limited in what I can achieve with creating levels and organising them. I find it very difficult to come up with ways of making levels very challenging and trying to keep off the builder excessive levels.

Well, I'm not surprised with you. Looking at the horoscope on your birthdate scorpios aren't born to be creative I'm afraid.

* That might be worth starting a poll on as well, considering the number of professed cases...

Hmm... I don't think I would recommend a poll if I was you, I think the dominance of autism is the main subject. It could be a yes or a no. Plus, I know a link which takes you to the autism quotient.
Level Solving Contest creator. Anybody bored and looking for a different challenge? Try these levels!

Neolemmix: #1 #4 #5 #6
Lix: #2  #7
Both Engines: #3

Offline Dullstar

• View Profile
    • Leafwing Studios Website (EXTREMELY OUTDATED)
Also I don't find it all that surprising that a game like Lemmings would attract people with Asperger's -- the game itself is fun, but there's so many more things to do with it (fewest skills, fewest skills common to all solutions, least amount of time, and of course customs and playing customs; the list goes on really).

That explains a lot about why I like lemmings so much.  :P

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
I feel quite qualified to do this, as I suffer from Asperger Syndrome.

Heh, I have as well! :D

So many. I've been diagnosed as well, although it's a diagnosis I'm very hesitant to mention - partially because I don't think I fit all the criteria, partially to avoid abusing it as an excuse for anything. I prefer to just think of myself as me, rather than as any specific diagnosis.
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline Chmera

• View Profile
I feel much the same, Namida. I get the distinct feeling that it's overdiagnosed... "Got a smart kid that doesn't like people? Congrats, they've got Asperger's!"

Offline Minim

• View Profile
Wow i can't beleave my topic is hot

It get's to your head
you feal down in the dumps
it SUCKs!!!

But guess what we're talking about? Everything unrelated to the actual topic. ;P
Level Solving Contest creator. Anybody bored and looking for a different challenge? Try these levels!

Neolemmix: #1 #4 #5 #6
Lix: #2  #7
Both Engines: #3

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
It's a forum, which is a medium of communication. Just like in any discussion, the topic will change from where it started over time.
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline Liebatron

• View Profile
"Heh, that's true, you gotta be a little crazy to stick with Lemmings"

Apparently..

- Almost everyone who's responded to this also has Aspergers
   - A lot of people have responded to this

THEREFORE

-There are a LOT of people on this forum with Aspergers syndrome.

Am I the only one who finds this hilarious?

Apparently I'm on the edge; the only reason I'm not diagnosed with Aspergers now is because the score for whatever test you take to find out whether you have aspergers/autism was recently lowered.