Author Topic: Fewest different skills levels can be beaten with  (Read 60448 times)

Offline ccexplore

• View Profile
Re: Fewest different skills levels can be beaten with
« Reply #165 on: October 13, 2011, 04:03:29 AM »
Reduced Mayhem 10 to just floaters+builders.  Not quite trivial since you need pretty much all the builders.  In fact, I had to make use of alfonz1986's method to make it work.  (Thanks alfonz1986!) ;) 8)

Offline Minim

• View Profile
« Reply #166 on: October 13, 2011, 07:24:15 AM »
ccexplore, that work you did on Mayhem 10 was very impressive! :o Despite the fact that you lost several lemmings along the way you really took advantage of that as well.

Anyway, apart from improving previous records (Which are already impressive) can somebody do at least some of the levels of Blitz? It would be nice to see a complete list in one post, and Blitz is the only difficulty category remaining. I'll make a start.

You can get 100% on Blitz levels 4 and 5 using just builders and bashers.
Level Solving Contest creator. Anybody bored and looking for a different challenge? Try these levels!

Neolemmix: #1 #4 #5 #6
Lix: #2  #7
Both Engines: #3

Offline LemSteven

• View Profile
« Reply #167 on: October 14, 2011, 04:55:17 AM »
I don't have Holiday Lemmings on my computer, so unfortunately I can't help out there.  But I do have a couple more improvements in ONML:

Wicked 11: Builders+Bashers+Miners

Wicked 20: Bombers+Builders (glitch), Blockers+Builders, Builders+Diggers (glitch)

Quote from: Wicked 20 Bombers+Builders Hint:
A well-timed bomber makes the fall to the left of the entrance survivable.

Quote from: Wicked 20 Builders+Diggers Spoiler:
The first lemming out builds such that the lemmings will fall onto the ledge on the right.  At least one lemming will be lost; this is unavoidable because you can't spare any builders.  The first lemming that lands on the ledge builds left from the far edge, trapping the crowd.  Increase the release rate to 99.  The last lemming out builds into the steel to turn around and go left.  He then builds to the tall, thin steel wall on the left.  From the far left edge of this wall, lay one brick and then dig through the edge of the steel.  After digging for a few seconds, release the crowd with the last builder.

Offline ccexplore

• View Profile
« Reply #168 on: October 14, 2011, 12:21:26 PM »
Anyway, apart from improving previous records (Which are already impressive) can somebody do at least some of the levels of Blitz?

Well alright, here's first half of Blitz:

1: builders+bashers+diggers 100%
2: builders+diggers, builders+bashers (100% required)
4: <you did>
5: <builders+bashers 100%>, builders+miners 100%
8: builders+bashers (100% required)

Replays attached for 1 and 2.

=========

Also for Wicked 20, I have a builders+diggers solution that doesn't use glitches.

Offline Minim

• View Profile
« Reply #169 on: October 14, 2011, 03:40:14 PM »
For Wicked 20, I have a builders+diggers solution that doesn't use glitches.

Very good. :)

Thanks for that little bit of help. I've made a few more results myself for Blitz.

11. Builders+Bashers+Diggers (100%)
12. Bombers+Diggers
13. Blockers+Builders
15. Climbers+Floaters+Bombers+Bashers (That one cannot be helped but a least you can solve it without builders)
16. Bombers+Bashers+Builders

Here's a hint for 13:

Quote from: Spoiler
The other lemmings should be trapped on the second platform.
Level Solving Contest creator. Anybody bored and looking for a different challenge? Try these levels!

Offline ccexplore

• View Profile
« Reply #170 on: October 14, 2011, 07:40:01 PM »
15. Climbers+Floaters+Bombers+Builders (That one cannot be helped but a least you can solve it without builders)

In other words, typo, you meant climbers+floaters+bombers+bashers. ;)

Offline Minim

• View Profile
« Reply #171 on: October 15, 2011, 08:29:51 AM »
Thanks for correcting me there! 8)

I presume for the only level remaining (which is Blitz 9) this can possibly be done with just floaters and builders (Although I heard you can do it without floaters). You've got 30 builders altogether and you need at least 8 for the level. There are 2 ways you can use builders to trap the crew and you can lose up to 5 lemmings. I have a good feeling that this is going to work.

Edit: It did work! I have yet to get 100% for this as well, but here's a replay for what I did at this point.

Offline Gronkling

• View Profile
« Reply #172 on: October 15, 2011, 10:19:13 AM »
I managed to solve mayhem 20 (No added colours or lemmings) with no climbers but it uses a glitch that I assume only works in lemmini, so I don't think it would count. I thought it would be nice to share it any way though.  :)

Offline LemSteven

• View Profile
« Reply #173 on: October 16, 2011, 12:57:44 AM »
I managed to solve mayhem 20 (No added colours or lemmings) with no climbers but it uses a glitch that I assume only works in lemmini, so I don't think it would count. I thought it would be nice to share it any way though.  :)

If it's a Lemmini-only glitch, then it won't count.  Sorry.

Anyway, I can add Bombers+Builders to Wild 20.  Also, the existing Builders+Diggers solution can be improved to 100%.  Both are pretty straightforward.

Offline ccexplore

• View Profile
« Reply #174 on: October 16, 2011, 07:05:48 PM »
Havoc 17 improvements:

blockers+builders (glitch)
builders+bomber
builders+basher
builders+miner
builders+digger

The latter four are basically all the same concept, but each has its own trickiness in how to correctly release the crowd without collateral damage, so I included a replay for each one of them.  (all 5 zipped due to 4-per-post restriction)

Offline ccexplore

• View Profile
« Reply #175 on: October 16, 2011, 07:41:25 PM »

Hmm, unfortunately I don't know if I can get a working lemmini setup again on my machine, any chance you can just describe it in words?  I know it doesn't count for this thread but curious nonetheless.

Anyway, I can add Bombers+Builders to Wild 20.

Now adding blockers+builders for Wild 20.

Offline Gronkling

• View Profile
« Reply #176 on: October 16, 2011, 07:52:54 PM »

Hmm, unfortunately I don't know if I can get a working lemmini setup again on my machine, any chance you can just describe it in words?  I know it doesn't count for this thread but curious nonetheless.

First get lemmini from HERE
Then download THIS FILE

When you open the file it will ask for a target path and a source path. The target path is where you want it to be saved so just put that with your lemmix to make things easier. The source path is where the source files are. Link that to the second downloaded file. That should work.

Offline Clam

• Smiley: :8():
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: October 16, 2011, 09:39:29 PM »
Add bombers+bashers to Fun 23. It turns out that once you block the lemmings at the right, you can reach the exit with nothing but bashers, using the basher-ramp technique that allows you to solve Fun 14 with bashers only, so you can do exactly the same for any 'bashers + x' combination. (Another reminder for me to start that 'non-glitch tricks' topic.)

Also, bashers+diggers 100% was posted here, but isn't on the list.

Offline LemSteven

• View Profile
« Reply #178 on: October 17, 2011, 01:01:07 AM »
I just barely managed to get this to work, but I can now confirm Taxing 14 with Builders+Miners with 100%.  The general idea is to use the spare builders to hold and release the crowd.  Unfortunately, this is easier said than done because the release rate is working against you.  I ended up finishing the holding space just in the nick of time, and I used all 30 builders.  It would definitely merit a replay if I had the capabilities to make one.

I suspect some other 2-skill permutations are also possible for the level.  I'll take another look when I have time.

EDIT: Builders+Diggers and Bombers+Builders are also confirmed.  Sadly, I haven't been able to save 100% with the former because it requires a couple more bridges than Builders+Miners.  Unless someone finds a way to hold and release the crowd using no more than 8 builders, I doubt 100% will be possible.

The Bombers+Builders solution is arguably the most straightforward of all the two-skill solutions for the level.  Being able to use up to four bombers makes handling the crowd easy.

Offline ccexplore

• View Profile
« Reply #179 on: October 21, 2011, 05:24:57 PM »
Fun 29 builders+bashers improved to 100%