Author Topic: Fewest different skills levels can be beaten with  (Read 59963 times)

Offline Proxima

• View Profile
Re: Fewest different skills levels can be beaten with
« Reply #195 on: August 12, 2012, 07:27:52 PM »
Frost is long overdue another look. I find the following improvements, all of which are hardly worth a replay:

Frost 7: bombers+builders, builders+bashers 100%, builders+miners 100%
Frost 15 improved to 2 types, builders+bashers 100%
Frost 16 climbers+floaters+builders 100%

Offline mobius

• relax.
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: September 17, 2013, 03:02:39 AM »
Beginning with some not particularly interesting episodes from Lemmings Revolution;

5-4 Crowded House 100%
builders+bashers+diggers

[trap the lemming in the top with a digger/builder. Let worker work

5-5 One Way Ticket
bombers+builder+basher+miner+ digger.
Dig at beginning. Build up to the arrow wall like I did in other challenges, instead of climbing. I don't remember if you can afford to use any builders to stall lemmings but you may lose a few lemmings to the fall here. after flipping the switch on top, dig near the edge, you'll a couple more lemmings here to this fall. Once the digger is at a safe height blow him up to make a hole.
After the acid pit, mine, bash, use a bomber to go through the next thin platform. Build up to the left, you may lose a few lemmings again to the fall. Build up again, bash, build and use 1 final bomber to exit.
I save the minimum 40/50 with little room to spare though, it seems likely there's room for improvement.

6-1 Iron Curtain 100%
climber+basher+miner+digger

dig near the start so the water lemmings will make a drop to the water. Make a climber and use the right hand path, ignore the "iron curtain".

(first two skill level):
6-4 Escape to Victory
builders+miners

[theoretical 100%: using miner hole glitch, to trap weasels, then build him back to start area. I assume this is used in the max % thread]
everything by me: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=5982.msg96035#msg96035

"Not knowing how near the truth is, we seek it far away."
-Hakuin Ekaku

"I have seen a heap of trouble in my life, and most of it has never come to pass" - Mark Twain

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #197 on: September 25, 2013, 06:26:58 AM »
This Tricky 18 solution I used in the "What skills can't you live without" topic adds a different combination of 3 skills to the list; Floaters+Builders+Diggers. Attached it here as well. I updated the first post as well (only with this; I didn't update anything else).
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline Proxima

• View Profile
« Reply #198 on: December 11, 2020, 06:19:13 AM »
In doing the NeoLemmix equivalent of this challenge, I found a bombers + blockers + builders solution to Tricky 27, which I believe should work in DOS as well, but have not confirmed yet.

Offline Proxima

• View Profile
« Reply #199 on: December 13, 2020, 06:04:56 AM »
Other matters arising from the NL equivalent of the challenge:

* Crazy 8 (KEEP ON TRUCKING) was solved with just builders+bashers in NL, but hasn't been confirmed in DOS yet.
* Taxing 2 (Watch out, there's traps about) has several more 2-type solutions in NL, in addition to the blockers+builders already noted. Bombers+builders won't work in DOS because timed bombers can't explode early enough, but the others should work.
* Mayhem 22 (A BeastII of a Level): namida found a bombers+builders solution in NL, not confirmed in DOS yet.
* Taxing 28 (POOR WEE CREATURES): I found a floaters+bombers+builders+bashers solution in addition to the already reported 4-type solution; it should work in DOS too. It's even possible the bomber might be dropped with some RR fiddling.

Also, Wild 15 was incorrectly filled in with Wicked 15's result, and this had apparently gone unnoticed for years and might have remained there for ever were it not for our NL investigations :P
« Last Edit: December 23, 2020, 08:09:51 PM by Proxima »

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #200 on: December 23, 2020, 08:09:14 PM »
Taxing 28 improved to 3 types (Floaters + Builders + Bashers).
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline LemSteven

• View Profile
« Reply #201 on: January 16, 2021, 02:41:27 AM »
Other matters arising from the NL equivalent of the challenge:
* Crazy 8 (KEEP ON TRUCKING) was solved with just builders+bashers in NL, but hasn't been confirmed in DOS yet.
* Taxing 2 (Watch out, there's traps about) has several more 2-type solutions in NL, in addition to the blockers+builders already noted. Bombers+builders won't work in DOS because timed bombers can't explode early enough, but the others should work.

I'm not sure whether or not Crazy 8 builders+bashers will work in DOS.  The solution that namida found will not work in DOS due to time constraints (there are 80 lemmings in DOS).  Whether the same level of crowd control can be done with a faster release rate remains to be seen.

With that said, Bombers+Builders for Taxing 2 does work in DOS, and is now confirmed.  Spoilers below.

Taxing 2 Bombers+Builders (click to show/hide)

Offline LemSteven

• View Profile
« Reply #202 on: January 18, 2021, 03:39:28 AM »
* Mayhem 22 (A BeastII of a Level): namida found a bombers+builders solution in NL, not confirmed in DOS yet.

I can confirm this is possible in DOS, although technically I haven't fully executed it myself because I used blockers in lieu of timing my bombers.  The blockers are clearly not necessary if you get the bomber timings right, but I don't have the patience for that kind of thing right now.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)