Author Topic: What is the the maximum release rate used to solve the following levels?  (Read 13462 times)

Offline Dullstar

• View Profile
    • Leafwing Studios Website (EXTREMELY OUTDATED)
Re: What is the the maximum release rate used to solve the following levels?
« Reply #30 on: September 07, 2009, 05:20:56 PM »
Thanks for unlocking that thread.

Offline Minim

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 07, 2009, 07:22:26 PM »
You mean my RR 99 thread didn't you? Don't you want to put in some 100% results or something?

Otherwise, you're welcome for nothing. ;P
Level Solving Contest creator. Anybody bored and looking for a different challenge? Try these levels!

Neolemmix: #1 #4 #5 #6
Lix: #2  #7
Both Engines: #3

Offline Dullstar

• View Profile
    • Leafwing Studios Website (EXTREMELY OUTDATED)
« Reply #32 on: September 07, 2009, 07:30:04 PM »
Well, I will check a little for them.  Of course, sometimes they take some difficulty to do the 100% solutions.

Offline Minim

• View Profile
This thread hasn't been updated for a long while (10 years?! :o), but like I said on another thread, it's nice to go back onto your old challenges, especially when an update (albeit quite an old one too) adds a feature which will help you but happens not to change the DOS mechanics. This challenge happens to be one of the blessings thanks to Lemmix's addition of frame control (Which wasn't added before until NeoLemmix implemented this feature). This really eases the solution's execution and because of that, it deserves a revival.

I made quite a few improvements, mostly for maximum %. I've bolded each of them. Most of the replays attached in a bundle will work with the old Lemmix Players currently on the NeoLemmix Website, and hopefully the new one too. I also decided to include Hail 5's 91RR result as it is fiddly to execute. The only one I'm stuck on is Mayhem 10's 97% challenge, though I improved on the 66% requirement significantly here as well. Frost 14 7RR is similar to the 90% solution I've pulled off yesterday.

Taxing 23: 91 (89 for 100%)
Taxing 28: 63 (3 for 87%)
Mayhem 10: 89
Wicked 15: 77 (5 for 96%)
Havoc 12: 69
Frost 14: 53 (7 for 90%)

My favourite level has to be Havoc 12, despite the fact there's only builders available. It's also the level with the best improvement, up from RR17. Hints below.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Level Solving Contest creator. Anybody bored and looking for a different challenge? Try these levels!

Neolemmix: #1 #4 #5 #6
Lix: #2  #7
Both Engines: #3

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
Lemmix had framestepping before NeoLemmix even existed. NeoLemmix has added a few "smart" skips (like "go to next shrugger" or "go back to last action"), rather than just purely "jump back / forwards X frames" and the ability to customize the durations, and it has much better performance when frameskipping, but the existing old versions of Lemmix already had it too.

For reasons of replay compatibility, as well as that the new Lemmix might not be 100% accurate to DOS, I suggest sticking to the old one for challenges (until EricLang confirms that he's reproduced all known features that his existing code was missing, and someone with good knowledge of game mechanics such as ccexplore verifies this to be true).
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)