Author Topic: General Comings and Goings  (Read 152070 times)

Offline Nortaneous

• View Profile
Re: General Comings and Goings
« Reply #90 on: April 01, 2012, 05:17:57 AM »
My mouse stopped working a while back, which is why I haven't been around. Can't exactly play Lemmings or Lix with a tablet.

Offline Liebatron

• View Profile
« Reply #91 on: April 18, 2012, 02:47:25 AM »
The Random Story... Pages and pages of nonsense. It's had an excellent run, but it seems like most of the original members who posted in it in the old forum have gone off to pursue other facets of life. I wrote a post that would make a fitting end to it; if some newer member wants to breathe new life into it that would be cool, but seeing as all of the original authors have departed for other worlds I feel like we've reached the only logical appropriate stopping point.

Every time we did a server/site switch we had to hope someone had a copy of it to post so we could start where we left off; but sometimes they didn't. Would you, by chance, happen to have a copy of the story from the last forum at all; or know how I could get that? I want to put it all together and take a look at how the mad irrationality of our ramblings has changed over the past 7 or 8 years since we started doing this.

Offline geoo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: April 18, 2012, 09:31:24 AM »
I've never participated or even read in the Random Story threads, but fwiw, here's the one from two incarnations back: http://www6.camanis.net.ipv4.sixxs.org/lemmings/lemmingswelt/forums/?topic=1089276152
Still don't have the data to the most recent forum before this one.

Offline Liebatron

• View Profile
« Reply #93 on: April 18, 2012, 04:47:48 PM »
This is awesome! Thanks; I'll put it back together in all its craziness and this time I'll actually hold on to it in all its bizarre unpredictability.   :D

Online Proxima

• View Profile
« Reply #94 on: April 24, 2012, 07:37:26 PM »
This isn't an easy decision to make, but... I'm afraid I have to leave. I don't know how long it will be for. There's just too much going on in real life at the moment, and I think the best way for me to cope with it is to put Lix and Lemmings aside completely, at least for a while. I'm really glad you invited me back and that I've been able to contribute to the community set and other aspects of the Lix project; it's been great fun. I really hope that I'll be able to come back soon and contribute further, but even if not, I just want to say thank you, and good luck with everything!  :thumbsup:

(Actually, I think I ought to be a bit more specific. The department where I work is closing down in the near future. I've been summoned to a meeting on May 1, and I'm expecting to be told that I will be redundant. I've worked there for nearly eight years, but only part-time since I've been caring for my mother, so I don't have a great CV. So I'm going to have to put some serious time and effort into searching for a new direction. I'll keep you all posted if there's any further news!)

Offline Timballisto

• View Profile
« Reply #95 on: April 25, 2012, 07:05:24 AM »
Good luck.  Hope things work out and you can make it back here...

Offline ccexplore

• View Profile
« Reply #96 on: April 25, 2012, 10:14:23 AM »
Hear hear.  Sorry to learn about your real-life troubles, and best of luck going forward!  Times are (still) tough all over and I have friends and relatives in similar situations job-wise.  As awesome as Lix is, it ain't gonna pay the rent. ;)

Offline geoo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: April 27, 2012, 07:32:26 AM »
I wish you all the best and that things settle for you again as soon as possible. And that you'll get something you'll enjoy doing.

No matter how much time off you need; I think it goes without saying, but please don't feel obliged to anything regarding the community set, or anything you said you might do for it. What you've done is already more than anyone could have asked for, and I want to thank you again for your contributions. :thumbsup:

Online Proxima

• View Profile
« Reply #98 on: April 28, 2012, 07:15:50 PM »
Thank you for the kind words, everyone!  :thumbsup:

Offline ccexplore

• View Profile
« Reply #99 on: May 07, 2012, 07:40:11 PM »
I'll be gone for vacation for about 2 weeks starting this coming weekend, without Internet access most of the time.  Not that you'd notice, since real-life had taken over anyhow and I hardly have time to post or even read anything here now. :-\ ;)

Offline Minim

• View Profile
« Reply #100 on: July 12, 2012, 10:11:37 AM »
Just a note that from 14th to 21st July I will be on holiday to Italy. I am very excited about this nice, hot and dry place, which will certainly be unlike this horribly wet weather pattern that Britain have had throughout this July. This also means I can't play any lemmings games. However, my holiday destination does apparently have Wi-Fi access so I might still be able to post on the forum if I want to.
Level Solving Contest creator. Anybody bored and looking for a different challenge? Try these levels!

Neolemmix: #1 #4 #5 #6
Lix: #2  #7
Both Engines: #3

Offline geoo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: July 19, 2012, 12:33:53 AM »
Some people already know, but I won't be around for the next 1.5-2 months (not that it makes such a huge difference to my recent activity).
I'll travel across Europe for 3 weeks with a couple of friends, and then move to Canada, where I'll take some time to get to know the surroundings.

Offline ccexplore

• View Profile
« Reply #102 on: July 24, 2012, 03:18:12 AM »
I have actually been back on time from my vacation, but basically found myself more or less buried with work, and just generally afraid to resurface here for the detrimental distraction it is bounded to place on real life.

But things have slowed down slightly now, so I will start to slowly catch up on this forum again, but don't expect too much activity from me over the next few weeks.

Yes, I still remember I made some promises of doing something for some people (something about music ordering in DOS Lemmings, and customizing cgaspec files) "by July", which is sadly coming soon to a close.  I will do my best to at least get one of those promises fulfilled before end of July, even if the people have probably stopped waiting at this point.  Sorry. :XD: ;)

Offline Simon

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Lix
« Reply #103 on: July 27, 2012, 12:09:42 AM »
I'm sitting in the math library, IRC is blocked via this particular connection, so you guys must entertain me via the forum. There is a ton of big, fat, dumb flies in here, who constantly burn their butts in the neon tube lamps and sit down again somewhere else, just to repeat this after 10 seconds.

Hooray for cc being back, even if there will not yet be as much rotating hamster as before.

-- Simon

Offline mobius

• relax.
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: July 27, 2012, 12:18:24 AM »
Hey ccexplore, could you get me all of the code in txt file format of the original super mario brothers NES games?

Oh and ccexplore, I know your busy but could you fix my refrigerator for me? Idk what's wrong with it doesn’t get cold.

Also... I'd appreciate it much if you could get me a copy of the CIA's most wanted list.
 :P :P :P

(I said I wanted to do this joke because a lot of people seem to come on this forum just to specifically ask ccexplore to do some complicated thing)
everything by me: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=5982.msg96035#msg96035

"Not knowing how near the truth is, we seek it far away."
-Hakuin Ekaku

"I have seen a heap of trouble in my life, and most of it has never come to pass" - Mark Twain