Lemmings Boards > Help & Guides

Lemmings 1 music problem in DOSBox

<< < (3/5) > >>

ccexplore:
Oh okay, my bad then.  Based on other people mentioning this problem in the forums in distant past, I had an assumption that the game was always like this (and I don't remember far enough back to when I first played the game whether it had the problem or not), but maybe not.

I do own a floppy-disk version of Lemmings with the box, even though it's not a version I've used much.  I have previously compared it (at the disassembly level) against the abandonia.com version for general game mechanics and didn't find any differences there, but I definitely did not check for any differences in music handling then.  I'll have to do that one of these days.  I guess it's possible that even for versions from originally floppy disks, there could still be multiple versions about, some of which have the music problem while others don't.

DoubleU:
Hi, I hope I'm not causing problemmings by reviving an old topic.

Anyway, I don't think it's meant to be a bug, any more than the added drop height for the "cracked" version (which also changes the music "problem").  I was under the impression that it was a sort of "punishment", as it were; a way to encourage players to get the level right the first time.  "Made a mistake?  Well, try to pass the level anyway, and then you won't have to reset the music this time."

Proxima:
That's crazy talk :P No game developer, especially not after making such a great game as Lemmings, would be that harsh to the player -- they would realise that they'd be hurting their own revenue. Besides, if it were intended, wouldn't it be in all versions?

Simon:
Never attribute to malice what could be a bug. :8():

-- Simon

namida:
When playing Lemmings for the first time - do note I was very young at this time - I always felt that that first tune in DOS had a bit more of an "encouraging" feel to it, and I thought maybe that's why it went back to that one. Now, of course, it simply being a bug makes much more sense.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version