Author Topic: Lemmings PSP  (Read 18203 times)

Offline Luis

• View Profile
Lemmings PSP
« on: May 27, 2009, 01:28:20 AM »
How many of you have the PSP version? I would show you my levels if my computer was working. Did you hate how they took out the online? It was fun sharing levels with other people but the online was region locked. It even had a ranking on who can beat the level quick and save the most Lemmings. I was in first in some of the levels.
Mr. Lemmings PSP user.

Mr Kiwi

Re: Lemmings PSP
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2009, 08:59:21 AM »
I own it but never played it... I played the PS3 version tho... That was kinda fun, albeit limited.

Offline The Doctor

• Jason the Human
    • View Profile
    • zapzupnz.com
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2009, 11:48:45 AM »
I've got the EU version of PSP Lemmings. The online server didn't go offline for us per se, so much as the entire network we used was retired.

I thought I'd hate the music, but now I like it better than the original because it's less distracting while at the same time very charming. I had never passed any levels past mid-Tricky, and yet on the PSP I passed everything no trouble. I was quite happy.

You can still share levels, you need to copy the save file. However, if your save file belongs in slot one of the list of save data, then it will appear there for us too. Be sure to mention that.

This Lemmings forum is simply *fabulous*!

Offline Luis

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2009, 03:24:35 PM »
One time I told someone that lives in Europe to upload his levels in the Lemmings PS2, I went to check if his levels are there and I couldn't find it. Did Lemmings PSP and PS2 shared the same server?
Mr. Lemmings PSP user.

Offline The Doctor

• Jason the Human
    • View Profile
    • zapzupnz.com
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2009, 03:50:07 PM »
Well ... yes. Why wouldn't they?

Besides, like I said before the entire European network upon which they were played was dismantled and replaced with PlayStation Network.

Offline Dullstar

• View Profile
    • Leafwing Studios Website (EXTREMELY OUTDATED)
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2009, 05:25:54 AM »
Trust me, there's something wrong with what they did.  I don't even know there was a fanbase.  I know that at the time, lemmings seemed like the only reason to get a PSP, though it wouldn't exactly be good enough for that...

Offline Luis

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2009, 06:10:33 PM »
Did you ever noticed in Mayhem 30, they removed the bridge on the left side? And they change the face in Hunt the Nessy and made it look mad. The face is happy in the SNES.
Mr. Lemmings PSP user.

Offline The Doctor

• Jason the Human
    • View Profile
    • zapzupnz.com
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2009, 09:40:32 PM »
In levels that are needlessly wide, the levels are trimmed down so they only include the main obstacle. The reason is because levels don't _need_ to be as wide as they are.

Nessy is smiling is almost all based on the PC/Amiga versions, SNES being one of those derivatives. She's not smiling in some versions however. On the SMS and SGG, she's just looking forward.

I'd be pretty angry if someone was bashing through my neck, though. Notice where she's looking, lol.

Offline Adam

• Just one more level....
    • View Profile
    • Lemmings Forums
PSP Lemmings
« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2011, 10:25:33 AM »
I've finally got round to getting a component cable for my PSP, meaning I can record PSP Lemmings in half-decent quality. There's been a fair bit of discussion about this port over the past few months, but I feel it warrants its own dedicated thread.

First Question: The PSP port has its own set of unique levels, and I'm going to start recreating them to be played on another version - what system would you like to see the levels for?

Offline Simon

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Lix
Re: PSP Lemmings
« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2011, 01:57:19 PM »
The natural choice is single LVL files readable by DOS L1/Custlemm/Lemmix. This is still the universal format which everybody can use easiest. (Lix will also read and play it.)

-- Simon

Offline Adam

• View Profile
    • Lemmings Forums
« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2011, 02:04:12 PM »
Thanks, Simon. TBH, I was unsure about suggesting Lix as a format, as there may be copyright issues, but if LVLs are readable by Lix, all is well! :)

Offline Luis

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 16, 2011, 07:28:45 AM »
I found out not too long ago that the Lemmings in the PSP version walks at a slower speed than the SNES. Because of this, levels were given more time than they originally had. Despite the slow speed, most of the levels can still be beaten at it's original time limit. Taxing 7 is impossible though. You really do need that 4 minutes.
Mr. Lemmings PSP user.

Offline Adam

• View Profile
    • Lemmings Forums
« Reply #12 on: November 18, 2011, 01:02:10 PM »
I did have a bit of difficulty with Taxing 7 at first. I'm not sure I like some of the levels having over 10 minutes, though. Left my PSP at work, so I can't recreate any levels until I'm back home on Tuesday.

Offline Luis

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 04, 2011, 06:19:58 PM »
I just noticed that in Tricky 4, the water is on the front side, while in Taxing 7, the water is behind the terrain. I prefer that level design having front water. There some mistakes when you're picking a level, like the misplaced entrance in Tricky 18. At least when you play it, the entrance is on the right spot.
Mr. Lemmings PSP user.

Offline Luis

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 12, 2011, 07:36:58 PM »
I'm not the type that likes to double post, but is it ok to do it here? Because I see no point in deleting the above post I made. (Well it depends on what I put there)

There's not a channel on Youtube that has a playthrough of all the PSP/PS2 levels, so I thought I make one. So far I made a video of all the Fun section. I messed up on "You Live and Lem" because I thought I was playing the other version of it in Mayhem. I put links in the discretion that takes you to the level automatically.

Lemmings PSP Playthrough Fun 1-30
Mr. Lemmings PSP user.