Author Topic: Regarding where to upload levels  (Read 9384 times)

Offline Mr. K

• Former admin, always Lemmings fan
    • View Profile
    • Wafflenet
Regarding where to upload levels
« on: May 25, 2009, 02:28:07 AM »
The Lemmings File Archive is currently the most popular location to upload Lemmings levels.  If you need a place for your levels, this is a quick and easy solution!

Offline Clam

• Smiley: :8():
    • View Profile
Re: Regarding where to upload levels
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2009, 02:45:07 AM »

Offline Mr. K

• Former admin, always Lemmings fan
    • View Profile
    • Wafflenet
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2009, 01:43:22 PM »
I know you put it there, but I thought making a pinned topic that specifically stated it was a better idea.  Once the level thread gains some pages, newcomers might skip to the end without reading the beginning and ask where they can put their levels.

Offline Clam

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2009, 03:52:54 AM »
Sorry, I got a little overexcited with the new forum and all...

It's probably worth mentioning also that individual levels (.lvl files) can be uploaded to the Lemmings File Portal.

Offline Minim

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2009, 08:19:27 AM »
I also know the Garjen lemmings site has plenty of older lemmings level packs (E.g. Tumble Weed's packs). Will anyone allow me to post them up on the lemmings forums or should I make a link? (The site wasn't updated since 2005)
Level Solving Contest creator. Anybody bored and looking for a different challenge? Try these levels!

Neolemmix: #1 #4 #5 #6
Lix: #2  #7
Both Engines: #3

Offline Mindless

• Inactive - may respond to PM.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2009, 04:28:39 PM »
I also know the Garjen lemmings site has plenty of older lemmings level packs (E.g. Tumble Weed's packs). Will anyone allow me to post them up on the lemmings forums or should I make a link? (The site wasn't updated since 2005)

I have all the old packs from the LemEdit website, they're just not in the database.

Offline Minim

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2009, 02:36:45 PM »
Good thing wondering "where" to upload level packs. But for the "how" part follow the link displayed below.

http://www.lemmingsforums.com/index.php?topic=192.0
Level Solving Contest creator. Anybody bored and looking for a different challenge? Try these levels!

Offline Dullstar

• View Profile
    • Leafwing Studios Website (EXTREMELY OUTDATED)
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2009, 09:51:44 PM »
I noticed the default arrangement was changed from alphabetical order to the time uploaded.  Alphabetical makes more sense if you are looking for a specific pack, so why is time uploaded the default?

Offline Mindless

• Inactive - may respond to PM.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2009, 05:40:33 AM »
I noticed the default arrangement was changed from alphabetical order to the time uploaded.  Alphabetical makes more sense if you are looking for a specific pack, so why is time uploaded the default?

Because people were abusing the system by naming their level packs so that they would be on the front page.  I let it slide until somebody decided to fill most of the first page with their level packs.  Alphabetical sorting is still there, so you can still look for the pack you want.

Offline Clam

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2009, 05:45:54 AM »
I let it slide until somebody decided to fill most of the first page with their level packs.

Those are the Genesis levels. I don't think there's any problem with them being at the top. although they pushed my levels to page 2 :(

I like the new way better. It makes it much easier to see when a new pack has been uploaded. Previously I had been typing pack numbers into the address bar to see if there were any new ones...

Offline Minim

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2009, 05:48:26 AM »
The culprit is me. I'm sorry about naming my levelpacks up to the top, Hopefully I'll rename them as soon as possible. Besides, I like this idea better as well. Go Mindless!

Offline Dullstar

• View Profile
    • Leafwing Studios Website (EXTREMELY OUTDATED)
« Reply #11 on: November 04, 2009, 01:07:27 AM »
I know the feature is still there, but it would make more sense for alphabetical order to be the default, because then as long as you knew the name of the pack, you can easily find it.  btw, maybe a good system could be to take to a page like what's already there for browsing packs and then have a system where across the top, it could say [A] [B}* [C], etc. so you could easily find a specific pack.

*Using the strange } thing keeps it from going to BulletinBoard Code.  Substitute with ]

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #12 on: July 25, 2010, 11:18:05 AM »
Hm... couldn't you have the default page as showing the 10 latest uploads or something, while still having the actual list alphabetical? (As well as an option for sorting by date, of course.)
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)