Author Topic: Favorite Graphic Set  (Read 15454 times)

Ice_Eagle91

Favorite Graphic Set
« on: August 14, 2004, 12:47:49 AM »
Which is your favorite graphic set? As for me, it's Crystal Caves, because less levels have it, and I like the looks. One of the traps are not in the levels, and the levels are cool!

Offline chaos_defrost

• the artist formerly known as Insane Steve
    • View Profile
Re: Favorite Graphic Set
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2004, 03:47:28 AM »
Oh no! More Lemmings's brick set. Almost everything is a right angle type terrain piece, and my design style thrives on order and perfect angles. I also like the look of it.
"こんなげーむにまじになっちゃってどうするの"

~"Beat" Takeshi Kitano

Conway

« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2004, 03:18:40 PM »
Mine is either the column style or the Oh No! rocky style, as they make it easy to create difficult and attractive levels.

Anatol

« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2004, 03:45:05 PM »
I think my favorite graphics set is the rocky onml one, too. I love to make huge trees! The lizard traps are cool; you can even seperate the heads from the bodies (why?). I used that  to make a lizard with a long, furry neck! O_O

Ice_Eagle91

« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2004, 06:49:01 PM »
Okay, I'll put my favorite graphic sets in order:

1. Crystal Caves
2. Pink
3. Columns
4. Dirt
5. Bubbles
6. Snow
7. X'mas (the forgotten graphic set)
8. Fire Caves
9. Brick
10. Rock

Just because Rock is last, doesn't mean I won't use them in levels.

hydraboxdog

« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2004, 02:59:30 AM »
i like the one with dirt, bridges and blue water with the bloody, as in full of blood, falling rock and the falling weight

Lemeri

« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2004, 01:27:18 PM »
I like that set too, but I think I like the crystel set and the columns equally.

Offline Timballisto

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2004, 01:50:09 AM »
Uhhhhhhhhhhh...............?.............................................. &#A0; WARNING------WARNING--------------NO RESPONSE TO QUESTION FROM CEREBRAL CORTEX: &#A0;AUTOMATIC BRAIN SHUTDOWN ENGAGED!!!

5, 4, 3, 2, 1.... &#A0; blackout.

In other words, I have no idea what my favorite is.

PS:  Hey, has anyone checked on the avatar topic?  I would like some feedback on my avatar.

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2004, 02:23:44 AM »
Bricks, Crystal, Fire, Pink and Dirt.

Almost all my best levels are designed in Brick style(such as Castle Of Oblivion, from Ultimate Challenge 5), or harder versions of Brick style levels(such as The Blasted Road To Lemming High, from the Fewer Builders Challenge).

Crystal is the most commonly overlooked style. For some reason I don't like big levels using it, but it's great for small levels - see "Without What Is Needed"(Ultimate Challenge 1 or Lemmings Plus 2) for a great example.

Fire is an interesting style. It has almost every terrain piece shape you'd need. One of the more overlooked but quite good Ultimate Challenge levels, "The Three Lemmings", uses Fire style for flat platforms, while another one, "Dungeon Of Oblivion", adapts the Oblivion trick into it. The possibility for this style is almost endless.

Pink, I can't really say exactly why it's cool. The colour, maybe.

And Dirt. Although I don't really find it suitable for hard levels, it's pretty much the only style that is good for making any shape without it looking like it's made of blocks.
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline DragonsLover

• Do you want fire?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2004, 03:15:59 AM »
I like the Hell (Fire) graphic style, the pink bricks style, the red bricks style and the pipe-bubbles style too.
I like dragons! They're the center of my life! I'll never forget them...

tumble_weed

« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2004, 11:20:54 AM »
definitly hell

Offline finlay

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2004, 02:41:12 PM »
Bubbles, Crystals, Pink, Snow and Bricks.

Conway

« Reply #12 on: September 12, 2004, 04:48:53 PM »
I think my worst one is Oh No bubbles. There isn't even any metal!

Andi

« Reply #13 on: September 12, 2004, 06:53:23 PM »
I like X-Mas and Crystal. But Columns is not bad, but not my favorite. But I think it's after Dirt the most pupular.

Anatol

« Reply #14 on: September 12, 2004, 07:34:02 PM »
I never really liked the dirt or crystal sets. I do think the columns one is cool, though! B)