Author Topic: Favorite Graphic Set  (Read 16175 times)

Andi

Re: Favorite Graphic Set
« Reply #15 on: September 14, 2004, 08:50:14 AM »
I wish it would be possible to have multi-themed levels.

Offline DragonsLover

• Do you want fire?
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 14, 2004, 02:05:02 PM »
I add Columns too.

Those I said are my preferate, but they're all good anyway!
I like dragons! They're the center of my life! I'll never forget them...

Ice_Eagle91

« Reply #17 on: September 26, 2004, 02:51:50 AM »
Quote from: Anatol  link=1092444469/0#14 date=1095017642
I never really liked the dirt or crystal sets. I do think the columns one is cool, though! B)

The columns set is the Romish graphics set. I thought you didn't like it. Is there a reason why you dislike dirt and crystal?

Offline Proxima

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 03, 2004, 03:27:55 PM »
My favourites are Pink, Fire and Bubbles, though I like Crystal and Columns nearly as much as these three.

As Steaver said, Fire is great because it's so versatile -- you can make rocky mounds, brick walls or pillars, or mix them. And the flamethrower trap is SO COOL!!!

Pink is great because you have the right angles, which are the most useful types of terrain piece for level design, but it isn't as boring as Brick. And the Bubbles style is great because it's by far the best looking.

I don't like Dirt, Rock and Snow much, because it's hard to get straight vertical surfaces, which you need if you want to use climbers. And also because there's not much variety  in any of these. Snow is the one I like least, but I still use it -- I like the feel of a set that uses lots of different styles.

Offline Shvegait

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 03, 2004, 03:40:49 PM »
Fire, Crystal, Pink, Columns.

remline

« Reply #20 on: December 03, 2004, 06:36:10 PM »
Woohoo, I love the christmas snow them on this site!  =8O

WellHowdyThere

« Reply #21 on: December 03, 2004, 09:37:14 PM »
duhhhh i can't decide

dirt - i like dirt.  dirt is cool.  it's a nice level design that has many possibilites.

columns - this seems to be the one that everyone associates with lemmings.  even if it's not much, these kind of levels are nice to look at and design with.

pink - like streetlight administrator said it's hard to say why this design is so good.  but it is.  very attractive and fun.

hell - ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.  it's not my favorite but it's neat

crystal caves - can be obnoxious if overused, but otherwise a great terrain that is very purty.

bricks - you know,i don't really like a lot of the onml sets, and while this one is good, and can't get ugly after a while.

rocks - naaaah.

snow - probably my favorite on onml because its good.  i dunno.  i like it.

bubbles - i'm not gonna say i don't like it, but i'm not a big fan of it.

other snow - i dont know what to say about it.  it's pretty nice.

« Reply #22 on: December 03, 2004, 09:44:58 PM »
Quote from: Andi  link=1092444469/15#15 date=1095151814
I wish it would be possible to have multi-themed levels.

It's probably not possible due to hardware limitations, namely the more primitive state of graphics capabilities back then.  Ever wonder why nearly all the sets tend to each stick to primarily shades of 1 or 2 colors? (brown and green for dirt, gray and red for fire, pink/purple for pink, yellow for columns, blue for crystal, red for brick, etc.)

Offline Adam

• Just one more level....
    • View Profile
    • Lemmings Forums
« Reply #23 on: December 04, 2004, 03:52:22 PM »
Quote from: guest  link=1092444469/15#22 date=1102110298
It's probably not possible due to hardware limitations, namely the more primitive state of graphics capabilities back then. &#A0;Ever wonder why nearly all the sets tend to each stick to primarily shades of 1 or 2 colors? (brown and green for dirt, gray and red for fire, pink/purple for pink, yellow for columns, blue for crystal, red for brick, etc.)

Ahem... I've made a cheapo style meaning that Multi-style levels are able to be made.

Andi

« Reply #24 on: December 04, 2004, 10:16:09 PM »
He means the DOS-Lemmings.