Author Topic: Splat ruler: Newbies think full height is for walker, incl/excl ambiguity  (Read 1762 times)

Offline mobius

• relax.
    • View Profile
Re: Splat ruler: Newbies think full height is for walker, incl/excl ambiguity
« Reply #30 on: February 27, 2024, 10:13:20 PM »
I understand the arguments but IMO these are all corner cases that don't warrant over-complicating what should be a very simple tool.

And it's not like I'm totally against complicated design. For example, I find the "instert-replay mode"  to be very complicated and also probably problematic for new users, yet I've stated else where that it really is a god-send for use on certain situations, and not uncommonly so.
everything by me: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=5982.msg96035#msg96035

"Not knowing how near the truth is, we seek it far away."
-Hakuin Ekaku

"I have seen a heap of trouble in my life, and most of it has never come to pass" - Mark Twain

Offline WillLem

• Unity isn't sameness, it's togetherness
    • View Profile
I've now uploaded Version 4 of the NeoLemmix 12.13 Experimental, which includes a new fall distance ruler for testing purposes.

It now only shows the actual fall distance - no potentially confusing markings or additional measurements. Plus, we'll give the colour cycle a spin and see if we like it (I understand Simon's concerns regarding this, so I'll look at either making the colour cycle optional or only cycling through non-problematic colours).

I'll also be adding the Climber ruler as a separate graphic, callable via its own hotkey and/or by Shift-modding the regular hotkey (currently I), but that's a job for another day.

Please do check it out and offer feedback as the features in this experimental are likely to make it into NeoLemmix, so it would be better if they've been fully tested and discussed prior to final implementation.