Author Topic: Future of LF forum Jackbox sessions?  (Read 4759 times)

Offline Flopsy

• Global Moderator
  • Lix Nerd
    • View Profile
Future of LF forum Jackbox sessions?
« on: March 04, 2023, 04:29:07 PM »
This is more of a feeler to see if there is still interest in doing this sort of thing in the future

Ok, so a few people noticed I took a hiatus from the LF discord server between Nov 2021-Nov 2022, I'm not going to go into why but I did it for personal reasons.

Before I left the server, I was the regular host of the Jackbox sessions which feature as prominent non Lemmings content on IchoTolot's YouTube channel.

During my hiatus, it seems like namida has taken over by streaming the game on occasions and there also seems to be a discord server for sessions also, I don't know anything about it though.

I just want to know if there was any more interest in a discord hosted session on the LF discord by either myself or Kingshadow now I am back on the discord server.

If I don't hear anything in this topic, I'll assume that there is no interest and I won't speak of it again, I just want to know what was going on with regards to Jackbox since Nov 2021.

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
Re: Future of LF forum Jackbox sessions?
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2023, 08:39:54 PM »
Mantha's server is specifically for "Drunkbox" sessions - ie: Jackbox with drinking encouraged and (almost) anything-goes as far as what content is allowed/encouraged, basically just no hate speech but anything else (including R18-type stuff) is fine. We only tend to play those a couple of times a year, although that does remind me that we're overdue for one. :P

Aside from that, we haven't really done Jackbox in a while in terms of actual LF sessions, and it's only really me and Mantha who still join Bleakcreep's ones from LF.

I'd certianly be keen to join one of your sessions if it's at a time when I can - that would be Saturday or Sunday your time zone, so that should work out alright (Sunday / Monday my timezone). I'm working full time nowdays so don't have the availability I used to, though.
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline IchoTolot

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2023, 09:05:00 PM »
If I find the time (weekends probably), I would be in as well. :)

Offline Silken Healer

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2023, 12:02:44 AM »
I'm always down for some Jackbox

Offline mantha16

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2023, 02:57:44 PM »
As said on discord I'd love it if you hosted again

Offline WillLem

• Unity isn't sameness, it's togetherness
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2023, 11:50:52 PM »
+1 for more Jackbox :thumbsup:

Offline Kingshadow3

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2023, 12:45:13 AM »
I'm always happy to help host Jackbox. I do own pack 9 along with the other packs so it's all good. I think 6pm UTC during either a Saturday or Sunday would be a comfortable start time for everyone when we do host a session but we can always get feedback just in case. We can discuss more about plans for the sessions privately if you want Flopsy.

As for everyone else, Thanks for your support. :thumbsup:

Offline Flopsy

• Global Moderator
  • Lix Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2023, 03:05:43 PM »
Thanks for all the replies everyone, I'm glad some people seem to have missed the sessions. I can also see that the sessions hosted on the other discord server was an entirely different realm of Jackbox althogether.

To prevent the thing happening again that drove me off the discord server, I've decided that both me and Kingshadow will be hosting going forward.
I feel like a lot of the time during Jackbox is spent setting up games and sometimes it is very stressful, so it would be nice if while one game is being played, the one who is not screensharing out of myself or Kingshadow could be setting up the next game.
For example:
Kingshadow is streaming Quiplash 2 which is in pack 3 and we have decided to play Survive the Internet next which is in pack 4.
I could set up Pack 4 and have Survive the Internet ready to go instantly when we finish Quiplash 2 (of course I'll still be playing Quiplash 2 so I won't be sitting out the game). This just means we only have to wait for people to join and then we're off playing Survive the Internet with minimal time waiting!
On the other hand, if we decide to play TKO which is in the same pack as Quiplash 2, Kingshadow can just switch games and carry on hosting.

The only crux to this is I don't own Party Pack 9 as of yet and Kingshadow does but that shouldn't be too much of an issue.

I'm in agreement with namida's suggestion of Saturday/Sunday evening for a session like we did back when I hosted in 2021.

We'll be back with plans for a session soon anyway, we want to come back with a bang!
Watch this space :evil:

Offline mantha16

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2023, 01:19:46 PM »
Thanks for all the replies everyone, I'm glad some people seem to have missed the sessions. I can also see that the sessions hosted on the other discord server was an entirely different realm of Jackbox althogether.

To prevent the thing happening again that drove me off the discord server, I've decided that both me and Kingshadow will be hosting going forward.
I feel like a lot of the time during Jackbox is spent setting up games and sometimes it is very stressful, so it would be nice if while one game is being played, the one who is not screensharing out of myself or Kingshadow could be setting up the next game.
For example:
Kingshadow is streaming Quiplash 2 which is in pack 3 and we have decided to play Survive the Internet next which is in pack 4.
I could set up Pack 4 and have Survive the Internet ready to go instantly when we finish Quiplash 2 (of course I'll still be playing Quiplash 2 so I won't be sitting out the game). This just means we only have to wait for people to join and then we're off playing Survive the Internet with minimal time waiting!
On the other hand, if we decide to play TKO which is in the same pack as Quiplash 2, Kingshadow can just switch games and carry on hosting.

The only crux to this is I don't own Party Pack 9 as of yet and Kingshadow does but that shouldn't be too much of an issue.

I'm in agreement with namida's suggestion of Saturday/Sunday evening for a session like we did back when I hosted in 2021.

We'll be back with plans for a session soon anyway, we want to come back with a bang!
Watch this space :evil:

That's fair enough sorry I only just saw this dont come on very often now. It will be so awesome to hang with you guys again

And yes drunk box is very different so it's not a conflict had arranged it for yesterday lol but wanted to do yours and kingshadows session instead