Author Topic: [FEAT] Improvements to Skill Panel  (Read 5787 times)

Offline jkapp76

• View Profile
Re: [SLX] Improvements to Skill Panel
« Reply #45 on: March 23, 2023, 11:21:28 PM »
I like the different colors for the buttons. But now the grey looks out of place. Maybe swap the grey for green or something?
...Jeremy Kapp

Offline WillLem

• Unity isn't sameness, it's togetherness
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 25, 2023, 11:43:09 PM »
Maybe swap the grey for green or something?

I went for a dark, leafy green (007F0E) so that the Lemmings' hair would stand out. Could probably go even darker tbh, the above is a quick fix to see what it could look like.

Thoughts? I'd be happy sticking with the grey, personally, but if people prefer green we can go this way with it, for sure.

I could also do with some help with the rewind button if anyone has any programming experience and doesn't mind giving me half an hour or so to help debug.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2023, 02:26:25 AM by Will »

Offline jkapp76

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 26, 2023, 02:14:34 AM »
I definitely prefer the green.

I color my own too, I think I posted them here somewhere, I prefer purple on mine. I think it pops like no other and the green hair looks great over it. I just wasn't sure if it was too bold to actually suggest.

P.S. Also notice my improved nuke icon.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2023, 02:27:34 AM by jkapp76 »
...Jeremy Kapp

Offline WillLem

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 27, 2023, 07:24:54 PM »
Tried this shade* of purple today. Looks good, I probably prefer it to the green:

*Hue adjustment: 50, 110, -8 from Ocean Blue

Offline jkapp76

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 27, 2023, 08:26:17 PM »
I use Hue to get my colors too.

I prefer the purple. I like adding colors instead of reusing colors already present.

I miss the (framestepping) button on NeoLemmix. The black DOS background color could easily be a graphics setting.
...Jeremy Kapp

Offline WillLem

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 28, 2023, 05:13:03 AM »
Update on the progress of the new skill panel.

I haven't figured out how to make the panel dynamically resizable yet, still looking into this.

In the meantime, I have managed to implement a "Show Minimap" option in the Config menu. Unchecking this removes the squiggle/minimap from the panel and centers the remaining buttons/text. It also unchecks HQ Minimap, so there is no rendering lag*. This idea was inspired by reading through some old posts from when namida was culling features in NeoLemmix; I happened upon this reply from minim which sparked the idea to make the minimap optional.

This should be a good enough workaround for those who need a smaller window in the meantime (it could even be considered that shrinking the screen beyond its ability to display the minimap automatically triggers this behaviour, but I'd honestly rather spend my time looking at dynamic resizing than attempting to do this).

So, here's how to two options currently look:

*I went through all the minimap code I could find to try and disable any rendering at all when Show Minimap is unchecked. I kept finding that whenever HQ Minimap is checked, there is lag. Then I discovered some areas that HQ Minimap seems to play with independently of the actual drawing/rendering code, so this is likely what needs to be updated. If people like this feature, then I'll go ahead with a proper implementation. For now, hacking it via the checkboxes does the trick for testing purposes.