Author Topic: Source Code of SuperLemmix  (Read 873 times)

Offline EricLang

• View Profile
Source Code of SuperLemmix
« on: April 11, 2023, 10:48:14 AM »
Superlemmix is a fork of NeoLemmix isnt it? Is the source online as well? There are some interesting things I would like to study. (hi res mechanics for example).
Interesting would be a background (tiled or stretched) image I think. I even was thinking about snow, rain etc. :)

Offline WillLem

• Unity isn't sameness, it's togetherness
    • View Profile
Re: Source Code of SuperLemmix
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2023, 08:38:09 PM »
Superlemmix is a fork of NeoLemmix isnt it? Is the source online as well?

Yes, it is. I haven't released the source yet because it's currently very messy. As soon as the next version is out I'll tidy up the code as much as I can and then release the source.

In the meantime, though, if you PM me your Bitbucket name (if you have one) then I can invite you to view/download the source as you wish (it's not on Github...yet...might do this in future if I have time/it's not too difficult).

EDIT: OK, turns out it was really easy to clone the Repo to GitHub, so I've now done this.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2024, 05:27:24 AM by WillLem »

Offline WillLem

• Unity isn't sameness, it's togetherness
    • View Profile
Re: Source Code of SuperLemmix
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2023, 12:43:18 AM »
Compiling Instructions & Download Links

It's probably worth posting compile instructions here, since getting the project running in Delphi IDE is a bit of a fiddly process. Everything you need is linked to or included with this post. If anything is missing, please let me know.

The first step is to download and install Embarcardero RAD Studio 10.4.2 from here - compatibility with later versions than this cannot yet be guaranteed/ Please do let me know if you manage to get it working in a later version..

Next, download the SuperLemmix source. Be sure to clone it rather than fork it, and also run MakeSymLinks.bat which you'll find in the cloned copy.

As well as the source files, the attached Graphics32 folder is also needed. Here's how to add it to the IDE:

Graphics32 setup instructions:

1) Download the attached GR32 zip file, unzip it somewhere useful (I'd recommend the Embarcadero Project Files folder)
2) In the Graphics32/Source/Packages/XE8 folder, compile both packages; do the one with _R in the name first - open the .dproj file in RAD Studio, then compile them using Ctrl+F9 or Project/Compile
3) Install the compiled _D package into RAD - the easiest way is to open the project in RAD, right-click GR32_DXE8.bpl in the Project Explorer (to the right) and choose "Install" from the context menu
4) Finally, add the path of the compiled _R package into Delphi's library path - to do this, go to Tools/Options/Language/Delphi/Library, click the three dots "..." next to Library path, then click the Folder icon and browse to the folder where all the DCU files from compiling are (this should be Graphics32/Source/Packages/XE8/Win32/Release - select this folder and Add it to the Libraries list)

With all of the above done, SLX should compile. Post here if you're having any issues.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2024, 05:35:22 AM by WillLem »