Author Topic: codes not working  (Read 3263 times)

Offline Helen

• View Profile
codes not working
« on: July 21, 2022, 11:50:46 AM »
I down loaded a pack form here - has various lemmings levels in sections labelled Genesis, Sunsoft etc - all with original style lemmings games from very easy to more challenging.

All going well and am now up to level 26 in PSP.

My problem is that the codes on PSP (and it seems in next section Amiga) dont work on my computer , if I put them in it just says Incorrect Code- and obviously next time I want to have a go at level 26 I dont want to have to re-do  all 25 previous levels to get there

Is there any way round this?

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
Re: codes not working
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2022, 12:00:59 PM »
Sounds like you're using Lemmix?

If so - you can enable cheat codes by entering "CHEATCODES" as a code, then you can just enter the rank name or number + the level number as a code. (Eg. in Oh No! More Lemmings!, you could enter "CRAZY04" or "0204" to go to Crazy 4, once cheat codes are enabled.) Of course you can use it to skip levels, but you can also use it simply to get around this and/or avoid having to remember codes.
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline Helen

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2022, 01:32:17 AM »
Yes that works! Thank you so much! :thumbsup:

Offline WillLem

• Unity isn't sameness, it's togetherness
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2022, 06:53:07 PM »
@Helen

Have you tried NeoLemmix or SuperLemminiToo yet? They're both far, far better platforms for playing Lemmings on than Lemmix (unless, of course, you're wanting the authentic DOS experience of playing Lemmings).

Offline Helen

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2022, 10:40:46 PM »
Hi WilLem - I finished all of those and am currently playing Neo lemmix.

I have 2 packs of Neolemmix which  I think are all different games?

am currently working through the packs with levels labelled Hey I'm too young to die and then Hey Not too rough.

The next pack starts with Gentle and then Lunatic.

very enjoyable and challenging.

Problem is that some of the levels will not open - they have a funny pattern and say some pieces missing, do you want to downlaod. If I say yes, they still don't work though.

is there any way to access these?

Offline Proxima

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2022, 03:10:44 AM »
The error you mention happens when the level file refers to a terrain piece that you don't have installed in your styles folder. When you say yes, NeoLemmix will try to download the style containing the piece.

If you get the same error again, this means one of two things: either the level is missing pieces from several styles, and after you have downloaded them all, it will work; or the download file NeoLemmix has access to is also missing the piece.

To determine which of these it is, try downloading the full styles download from here: https://www.neolemmix.com/download.php?program=52

(On a side note, Lunatic is the last rank of Lemmings Redux. The intended playing order is Gentle, Quirky, Zany, Manic, Lunatic.)

Offline Helen

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2022, 12:56:27 AM »
Yes that fixes it and they are all playable now.

thank you so much.

everyone on this forum is so helpful and i am so addicted to Lemmings games :thumbsup: