Author Topic: Fish fillets style  (Read 6103 times)

Offline glitchapp

• View Profile
Fish fillets style
« on: May 23, 2022, 03:35:24 AM »
Hello! this is my first attempt at making a style for neolemmix. Someone has asked me to create a tileset because he is interested in creating levels with the assets, however, I've never done that.

I've been checking some of the tilesets and tried to do the same to see If manage to create them. I attached it here.

In this link you'll find some of the levels and assets I used to create the tilesets: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=6000.new;topicseen#new

If anyone has experience creating tileset I'll be very happy if you can provide feedback or suggestion regarding the size, resolution of the blocks etc.

The game from which the assets are used has a completely different logic, therefore there are no traps and doors so you will have to mix the assets with others to have a complete set.

I hope someone find them useful!
« Last Edit: June 05, 2022, 06:13:14 PM by glitchapp »

Offline glitchapp

• View Profile
Re: Fish fillets style
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2022, 05:21:09 AM »
After receiving some feedback I updated the floor's tileset of level 21 with a new resolution and a version without the plants. The plants may not work with the gameplay so now you have the option to create floor without them.

I hope someone find them useful!
« Last Edit: May 26, 2022, 12:37:20 PM by glitchapp »

Offline glitchapp

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2022, 06:54:26 AM »
This is another set of assets from ansimuz that I used on 3 levels on my game and I believe fits very well this game too. The assets even have enemies that can be used as traps and lot of different tiles and a beautiful background.

The source can be found here: https://opengameart.org/content/underwater-diving-pack

I would like to ask for help to create the files for the mines as traps as I've never created one.

I'm sure someone would make very good use of it. I attached a quick example I created on gimp just to give an idea of what it can be created. It uses a door from the tribes, but I did not mixed the styles attached.

I guess nobody decided to use it before because it is set on an underwater environment, but you can mix the assets with other styles or think about something creative so that it fits with lemmings.

I hope someone find it useful!

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2022, 07:06:20 AM »
As a general note - it would be well worth joining the Lemmings Forums Discord to ask for help; it's much easier to help in a format where you can ask questions and get answers in real time (and likely, from more than one person). As a bonus we also play fun multiplayer games in there sometimes (well, personally I only tend to join Jackbox, but other stuff gets played too).
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline WillLem

• Unity isn't sameness, it's togetherness
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2022, 10:30:06 PM »
+1 for joining Discord.

The underwater theme looks great btw :thumbsup:

Offline glitchapp

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2022, 05:55:11 AM »
Hi! thanks for the invitation, I can't access my old discord account at the moment as the email is lost, if there's any bridge to matrix or irc that would help.

I created another style from another open tileset, I think there are great open assets that could be put to good use and I did it myself with my own project. The style is not completed and I need to put the spikes as traps but that will take me time.

I attached an example in which I combined assets from the underwater set and this style, before doing so however, the color palette needs to be tweaked to make it fit.

I hope you like them and I'll be happy to know if anyone put a good use to them.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2022, 12:11:22 PM by glitchapp »

Online kaywhyn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2022, 06:02:02 AM »
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPMqwuqZ206rBWJrUC6wkrA - My YouTube channel and you can also find my playlists of Lemmings level packs that I have LPed
kaywhyn's blog: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=5363.0