Author Topic: [BUG?][PLAYER] Dropdown arrows in F2 menu don't acknowledge cursor  (Read 1956 times)

Offline WillLem

• Unity isn't sameness, it's togetherness
    • View Profile
This is hardly a bug; more of a general nitpick which I only think is worth mentioning because it catches me out basically every time I use the F2 menu, and since I'm doing a fair bit of testing* with it at the moment I just felt it was worth mentioning.

Basically, the dropdown arrows for each pack don't "acknowledge" the cursor; you have to position it on the line adjacent to the arrow, which seems a bit counter-intuitive. Note that I am using NL scaling and CursorResize is set to 1.

(For these screenshots, the cursor has been added in afterwards to show its position):

Positioning the cursor over the arrow doesn't highlight the dropdown...

The cursor has to be over the line to the right of the arrow for it to highlight, and thus function

*I'm doing a mass replay check today so I'll add some feedback here regarding 12.12.3's progress tracking once complete.

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
Re: [BUG?][PLAYER] Dropdown arrows in F2 menu don't acknowledge cursor
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2021, 05:33:23 PM »
I can reproduce this bug only when using a high-DPI display (ie: Windows scaling set to >100%). Will look into it, though I strongly suspect this is ultimately a bug with the underlying TreeView form component in Delphi itself, and not something I can really fix on my end (other than by finding a substitute control altogether, or by reporting the bug and waiting for a Delphi update that fixes it).
« Last Edit: November 20, 2021, 05:57:31 PM by namida »
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline WillLem

• Unity isn't sameness, it's togetherness
    • View Profile
Re: [BUG?][PLAYER] Dropdown arrows in F2 menu don't acknowledge cursor
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2021, 09:39:25 PM »
I can reproduce this bug only when using a high-DPI display (ie: Windows scaling set to >100%)

Ah, this makes sense; I have my display set to 150%.