Author Topic: Lemmings 30th Anniversary Documentary to be made by Exient  (Read 219 times)

Offline WillLem

• Just keep swimming
    • View Profile
Lemmings 30th Anniversary Documentary to be made by Exient
« on: September 12, 2021, 03:16:12 AM »
So, it turns out that Sony no longer owns the rights to Lemmings. They are now owned by Exient, who are the publishers of the Sad Puppy mobile title.

Exient are making a documentary about the history of the game, might be worth a watch!

Here's an article about the upcoming documentary.

Offline NieSch

• View Profile
Re: Lemmings 30th Anniversary Documentary to be made by Exient
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2021, 06:39:58 AM »
Cool! Something to look forward to.

It's also fun to read the comments below the article. So many people who still love the game and talk about it with feelings of nostalgia.
My new level pack: Long Live Lemmings!
My first level pack: Yippee! More Lemmings

Offline Simon

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Lix
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2021, 04:36:53 PM »
Are there sources besides this article that Exient really bought the monopolies (copyrights, trademarks) from Sony, not merely a license?

Reason: Author in that article writes "current license holder Exient (who acquired the property from Sony)". This doesn't make any sense to me. If you hold the intellectual monopolies yourself, you don't need a licence. I'd wager that he really means that Exient got the license from Sony, not the monopolies.

-- Simon

Offline WillLem

• Just keep swimming
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2021, 04:47:32 AM »
Are there sources besides this article that Exient really bought the monopolies (copyrights, trademarks) from Sony, not merely a license?

I'm not sure. I originally discovered this article via a Wiki page, but I can't remember which Wiki page it was :forehead: