Author Topic: [SUG][FORUM] Save draft posts  (Read 3749 times)

Offline WillLem

• Unity isn't sameness, it's togetherness
    • View Profile
[SUG][FORUM] Save draft posts
« on: August 23, 2021, 03:30:39 AM »
Apologies if this is already possible, but maybe the option to save a post/reply as a draft so that you can come back and edit it later before posting?

Offline Silken Healer

• View Profile
Re: [SUG][FORUM] Save draft posts
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2021, 08:52:55 AM »
+1 for this. Can't think of any examples I would use this for at the moment but it would just be a useful convenience feature.

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
Re: [SUG][FORUM] Save draft posts
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2021, 09:21:52 PM »
I like the idea, but it's not something I know SMF well enough to implement myself. I could try experimenting with some of the mods out there - would have to see if they work well with the various customizations. The first one I found also seems to have a limitation that it can only save drafts for new topics, not replies (but perhaps there are others that don't have this limitation - I didn't look too hard yet). The other concern is that most of these are quite old now.

Alternatively, SMF 2.1 (which is in an RC phase at the moment, though has been for a long time now so is probably getting very close to stable) has native support for drafts. I don't know what would be involved in upgrading though, and I'd have concerns as to how well it would play with some of our modifications - in particular, PM attachments and spoiler tags.
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)