Author Topic: [Lemmings 2] Tribes of Steel - WIP Thread (12 tribes complete, needs testing)  (Read 28695 times)

Offline Ste Woz Ere

• Lemmings 2 fan
    • View Profile
Re: [Lemmings 2] Tribes of Steel - WIP Thread (5 tribes complete)
« Reply #30 on: October 30, 2021, 11:47:28 PM »
Just in time for Halloween, the scariest tribe arrives (at least in vanilla it is). I really enjoyed playing with this skill set, there's a lot can be done with it (except for the pole vault ofc, which can do precisely 2 things). Throw in some steam*, trampolines and one of my best level ideas and you have this:

* We all have nightmares of that silly opening level from vanilla, but nothing like that here. Instead, they are puzzles, obstacles or a means to gain height.

====================
Version 9.0 has been released
====================

Sports - tribe is now complete.

Highland 3 (McLem's Drunken Dream) - moved the diamond down so it can be roped into. (it should've been moved earlier)
Medieval 3 (Acrobatic Outlaw) - slightly lengthened the start area, +2 miners, -1 platformer, -1 stacker.
Beach 3 (Everybody Do the Flop!) - removed a test trapdoor that was preventing the level from being completed. (doh)

In addition, I've gone through all of the tribes and altered the release rates...as most levels were left at the default value.
Tribes of Steel - a whole new Lemmings 2 game! (120-level pack)
Currently a WIP - all tribes are complete, testing and feedback is welcome!

Offline kieranmillar

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 04, 2021, 12:01:36 AM »
And so we reach the halfway point...and not for the first time I have my doubts about the way it's progressing. I know my levels are somewhat bigger than QFK2's with more to do in each one, and that's kinda how I like them...but I also get the impression that sort of design isn't popular. My design philosophy is also different, favouring strong (often unusual) themes (along with the odd gimmick) and designing around those (unless I have a strong puzzle idea).

What do people think - should they be smaller? Fewer skills? Terrain favouring execution rather than theme? Or is it better to be a stark contrast to QFK2 but with more bits that could go wrong?

(sorry for rambling on, it's what goes on in a level designer's head sometimes. Doesn't help that the twister was in the first 2 tribes though...leading to a bad first impression on the execution side)
Apologies for vanishing suddenly and being away for a while. That just happens with me. I still plan to play through this all.

I don't think you should worry about whether or not this is similar to QFK2. I'm not a good judge regardless, but I always was worried that QFK2 was too focused on difficult puzzles where people would just get stuck a lot until they figure out the "trick", a level style that actually only crops up rarely in official Lemmings games. I feel there's definitely an audience for levels more your style, I enjoy them at least. What I've played so far is very good, don't be put off by my griping about the Twister, that's just the Twister being the Twister.

Offline Ste Woz Ere

• Lemmings 2 fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 16, 2021, 12:29:10 AM »
Three quarters down, one to go.  This was definitely my favourite tribe for the actual level design, as I love it's night-time city setting. Bit of an odd skill set (explosions aren't the easiest way to tunnel) and perhaps not enough use of "the combo", but that does mean I used all aspects of the tribe a bit more. (and I'm particularly pleased with some of the filler tricks)

====================
Version 10.0 has been released
====================

Shadow- tribe is now complete.

Offline Ste Woz Ere

• Lemmings 2 fan
    • View Profile
Re: [Lemmings 2] Tribes of Steel - WIP Thread (10 tribes complete)
« Reply #33 on: November 25, 2021, 12:28:13 AM »
Well, that was quick. I thought this tribe would take longer due to the awkward nature of the terrain, but it actually fitted together quite nicely (the tiling woes that I faced in Outdoor never really materialised here). The skillset isn't bad either - wings are ok when you get used to it (better than the other flying skills IMO), spears turned out more useful than I thought (despite not being able to chain them), and stacks are always handy.

====================
Version 11.0 has been released
====================

Cavelem - tribe is now complete.

Medieval 10 (The Siege of Lemcastle) - removed the immediate danger from the leftmost trapdoor. Also swapped them around so the one by the lake goes first. (these should allow you to get cracking on the exit section immediately)

Offline geoo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 29, 2021, 11:23:38 PM »
I went through Medieval, Classic and Egypt.

Videos are here: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLJNO01n86P6LXjn6NNxy1EYVWc9LtCYFu

I was positively surprised by Classic (I generally don't care for L2 classic), and Egypt is my favourite tribe so far.

Offline Ste Woz Ere

• Lemmings 2 fan
    • View Profile
Re: [Lemmings 2] Tribes of Steel - WIP Thread (3 tribes complete)
« Reply #35 on: December 03, 2021, 12:36:01 AM »
Great to hear from you again, and some great feedback too - many fixes to make:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I've currently got around a third of Space to go, so here's a interim update with all the fixes:

====================
Version 11.1 has been released
====================

Highland 1 (Base Camp) - re-set the correct size, so it isn't a garbled mess. (ouch)
Highland 10 (Ten Brown Barrels) - added 1 twister and removed 2 mortars, reverting the previous change. (alternative solutions will always be a part of these epic finales, and I was impressed with the one in the video)
Classic 6 (Chambers of Aquatia) - removed 1 builder and 1 digger.
Classic 7 (Stepping Up and Down) - extended a block to shorten the area just above the exit.
Classic 8 (Tricks & Traps) - added a block between the fire jets in the exit area.
Classic 9 (Split at the Hill) - added metal to the left block, moved metal up the right block, removed 5 builders.
Classic 10 (Random Lemming Pun) - removed 5 floaters and 2 miners, reverted the previous change to the middle trapdoor.
Medieval 2 (Finishing the Arc) - removed the small hill, added metal to the starting ledges.
Medieval 3 (Acrobatic Outlaw) - removed the mess from the last update (ugh), slightly altered the exit area, reduced stackers to 2 and miners to 1.
Medieval 4 (Hack & Slash) - added metal to the starting areas.
Medieval 6 (Dungeon & Dragon) - moved the forgotten trapdoor to the grass area just outside the dungeon.
Medieval 8 (Siege Engine Graveyard) - extended the middle trapdoor tunnel area, moved the catapult back.
Egyptian 2 (Stomp Like an Egyptian) - added metal to the base of the start pillars.
Egyptian 3 (Tomb of Ikea) - shortened the ceiling table.
Egyptian 8 (The Chambers of Cain) - reworked the gap between trapdoor and exit. (so it can't be cheesed)
Egyptian 9 (The Plunger's Tomb) - removed all sand pourers (so it can't be cheesed), slightly reworked some areas to compensate.

Offline Ste Woz Ere

• Lemmings 2 fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 06, 2021, 10:57:06 PM »
And the missing third is done. This was always one of my favourite tribes, but the original game didn't really do it justice IMO. QFK2 righted that, and here's my attempt at doing the same.  Space glue was awesome...I know the builder combo is OP but it gave me a lot of ideas and it led to some great combos with other skills. Jetpacks are a bit awkward but I found them to be quite useful for little things as well as the odd bigger thing. (always with plenty of room and spares like with other hard-to-execute skills)

Anyhow, one more tribe to go and quite a fitting one for the time of year. (we even had snow last week)

====================
Version 12.0 has been released
====================

Space - tribe is now complete.

Egyptian 6 (Wade in the Water) - shortened the containment area for the right-side trapdoor. (it's not as deep now, which fixes a backroute). I also forgot to include this one in the last update. (doh)

Offline Ste Woz Ere

• Lemmings 2 fan
    • View Profile
Re: [Lemmings 2] Tribes of Steel - WIP Thread (11 tribes complete)
« Reply #37 on: December 22, 2021, 12:50:49 AM »
The winter solstice has recently passed, and as originally planned/hoped for, I have managed to complete the final tribe!
Like the previous two tribes, it came together really well with some neat skill combos and puzzles (despite losing a cool skier trick on the final level due to it causing weird graphical bugs and random crashes). Possibly not as hard as many of the other tribes, but I'm really happy with how it's turned out.

This won't be the final release, as they're bound to be full of backroutes and testing/feedback would be very welcome in order to get rid of them. I'm also planning a full video playthrough when the final release is ready.

====================
Version 13.0 has been released
====================

Polar - tribe is now complete.

All levels that weren't using their full size are now doing so, with extra scenery (L1-style).*

Classic 8 (Tricks & Traps) - replaced the newly-added block with metal. (just to ensure it can't be glitched)
Medieval 8 (Siege Engine Graveyard) - reworked the middle trapdoor again, removed a few skills and 1 min.
Shadow 9 (Mission: Impassable) - lengthened the thin shaft that the rock climber uses to reach the sewers.
Space 7 (JMC Mining Complex) - closed the mine shaft, added a few skills. (I realised that one bit of the puzzle could be bypassed, and I like this new solution better)

* Dunno how it got like this, it just kinda happened as I went along. As there was only a handful of early levels that were not using all the available room, I decided to bring those into line. I also like detailing stuff. None of the actual play areas are changed, and it's a nod to the original L1 too.

Offline kieranmillar

• View Profile
Congratulations on making it all the way to an entire 120 level pack. A huge achievement!

Offline Ste Woz Ere

• Lemmings 2 fan
    • View Profile
I've mostly been doing other stuff since the release, but I have had a look back at various levels that I wasn't entirely happy with (mainly in the tribes that haven't been playtested by others yet) and made some changes....also discovering a few bugs along the way.  So here's a new version with various improvements:

====================
Version 13.1 has been released
====================

Space 4 (Defying Gravity) and Space 5 (Orbital Bombardment) have swapped places.

Medieval 10 (The Siege of Lemcastle) - made some small changes around the middle of the level, to try and improve the flow a bit. Also added 2 builders and 2 platformers for flexibility. (using up every skill isn't a priority in this one)
Outdoor 7 (The Irrigation Pond) - re-added the 3rd trapdoor (there was originally 4 before release) to stop a backroute.
Outdoor 10 (The Plantshaft) - made the bottom left trapdoor safe, removed 1 roper. (wasn't needed and could ruin 1 puzzle)
Beach 9 (Beach Hut BBQ) - reworked the main puzzle in order to save it, also removing 10 sand pourers. The new version is much quicker to complete, so the time limit has been reduced. (it was way too high anyway)
Sports 6 (Dynamic Duo) - fixed the release rate to what it should be. (how this happened I have no clue. On one of the best levels too)
Sports 7 (The Gulf in Class) - moved the chain swingers to another level, as it was causing sprites to disappear. Also reworked the puzzle slightly, in order to remove dependence on an obscure trick that is discovered in the previous level.
Sports 8 (Switcheroo) - added a block to the right-side of the water, for the same reason as above.
Shadow 3 (Air Raid) - lowered the tower block slightly and reworked the underground section a bit, in order to save the final puzzle. (by making the builder+roper use consistent)
Shadow 4 (Filling Station) - reworked the main puzzle in order to save it. Removed all the bombers, plus 4 bazookas and 2 rock climbers.
Shadow 6 (Scraping the Sky) - improved the upward section a little, speeded up the release rate greatly.
Shadow 10 (Pockets of Resistance) - removed the water and 6 fillers.
Polar 5 (Eskimo Beat) - extended the water trough, added metal down to the 2-igloo platform. (backroute fix)

Offline Ste Woz Ere

• Lemmings 2 fan
    • View Profile
Another fixing/tweaking pass, mostly focusing on tribes that I hadn't really gone over in the absence of playtest reports (these are really important for finding backroutes that I haven't found), and one tribe that needed a bit of work in general:

====================
Version 13.2 has been released
====================

Medieval 2 (Finishing the Arc) and Medieval 3 (Acrobatic Outlaw) have swapped places with Medieval 4 (Hack & Slash) and Medieval 5 (Cave of Knaves).

Circus 5 (Across the Abyss) - removed the attractor and 1 min. (there is another way to stop the cannon for a while, one that doesn't clump the lemmings up and harm one of the solutions). Also added another trampoline, to make retrieving the platformer lemming easier.
Medieval 5 (Acrobatic Outlaw) - added 1 roller and dragons to the top section. (after finding yet another roller trick while fixing a different level)
Medieval 6 (Dungeon & Dragon) - moved the left trapdoor onto the sloping ledge, added 1 archer (slight improvements).
Medieval 9 (Tower of Maidens) -  filled in 2 gaps, altered the amount of several skills. (this prevents the builder puzzle at the top from being backrouted, along with streamlining the rest of the level)
Medieval 10 (The Siege of Lemcastle) - removed 4 platformers (after realising you could easily backroute it), added 1 miner/stacker, made some improvements to the far-right area.
Egyptian 6 (Wade in the Water) - removed 1 small pool, and extended 1 medium pool.
Outdoor 2 (Race for Life) - shortened the wooden ledge sequence, to tighten up the race a bit.
Outdoor 4 (In Order: Down, Along, Up) - removed 1 ledge, extended the vine ladder and tweaked the final bit, to streamline it a little.
Outdoor 9 (Swamp Thing) - reworked the right-side trapdoor, to accommodate the roper puzzle from the next level.
Outdoor 10 (The Plantshaft) - moved the roper puzzle to the previous level. (it's a bit cruel to spring it on you right at the end)
Beach 7 (Sandy Cove) - made the ceiling flat, in order to prevent a possible backroute. Also fixed a bug in the skill set that made the level impossible...it now correctly has divers instead of floaters. (I hate the way that L2 screws up the skill display on the level intro screen if any 0-skill boxes are present, forcing me to rearrange them on the editor when a level is finished...which is what caused this bug)
Cavelem 7 (The Lemcave) - removed all the upper ledges from the middle section of the cave, to prevent possible backroutes.
Cavelem 9 (Devolution of Lemmings) - reworked the bottom slightly, removed 2 builders. (to firmly remove any chance of backrouting it, but still with a spare to cover a particular gap that's tricky to do in 1)

I've also added a copy of my savegame file (save.dat) to the zip, so that levels can be skipped if you get stuck. It also ensures that Classic will have the right number of lemmings on each level.

Offline Ste Woz Ere

• Lemmings 2 fan
    • View Profile
Another update, this time focusing on the 10-trapdoor levels that end each tribe. These are meant to be an epic finale that fits my design philosophy (which favours innovative ideas/concepts) along with a review of what you've learned from the tribe. I really want these levels to work, as it's such an unusual concept that really changes things up. I've shifted some of the new tricks/puzzles into other levels wherever I could, along with making some improvements for reliability and execution. (as the logistical challenge is great enough with these levels)

====================
Version 13.3 has been released
====================

Highland 10 (Ten Brown Barrels) - added metal to the thin shaft (to prevent twistering all the way down) and 2 mortars for flexibility.
Circus 10 (Deca-Dance) - added metal to one trapdoor, and 3 ballooners to cover any mishaps at the bottom. (I really wanted to add more twisters, but doing so would break the yellow trapdoors)
Classic 4 (Bridging the Gap) - added 1 builder and 2 diggers, to cover all possible mishaps with the climber.
Classic 5 (Old Ways, New Tiles) - reworked the right-side trapdoor area and added 3 climbers, to allow more reliable ways of releasing the blocker.
Classic 7 (Stepping Up and Down) - added 2 builders and 1 climber to increase the margin of error. (also small blocks to prevent the new backroute)
Medieval 10 (The Siege of Lemcastle) - compressed the top section a little. (not that it really changes much apart from looks)
Egyptian 8 (The Chambers of Cain) - reworked the top to accommodate the puzzle from L10.
Egyptian 10 (Mandatory Pyramid Level) - moved the puzzle in the bottom-right corner to L8 and simplified the area. Removed 2 stompers.
Outdoor 10 (The Plantshaft) - cosmetic changes to the exit area, which also helps the roper.
Beach 10 (Artificial Resort) - reworked the skillset a little, to hopefully offer more pointers.
Sports 4 (A Mountain to Climb) - moved back 2 places to L6.
Sports 5 (Hold the Line) - moved forward 1 place to L4.
Sports 6 (Dynamic Duo) - moved forward 1 place to L5.
Sports 7 (The Gulf in Class) - added the puzzle from L10, replaced the large red ball with a small white ball (to make the first arrows easier to place), also added skills to ensure that the end tunnel can be done reliably.
Sports 10 (Mastered Doubles) - replaced the puzzle in the top-left corner with a different one (moving it to L7), tweaked some parts of the level to make things a little more reliable.
Shadow 2 (Urban Gymnastics) - slight tweak to one of the climbing sections. (in case you don't know about shimmying directly onto an upward 45° slope)
Shadow 10 (Pockets of Resistance) - altered the amount of construction skills, to focus more on ropers with the builders as support.
Cavelem 10 (Dinosaur Islands) - tweaked the bottom section, which also enables the double-dino-flick to the exit area. It should now be much clearer where to build, as well as consistent enough to avoid a spare builder breaking the exit puzzle. Skills altered as a result, notably 5 less builders are required now.
Space 9 (Space Glue Factory) - added some metal blocks to the underside of the top section, to make the fiddly part easier.
Space 10 (The Colonies of Desyat) - tweaked the long underground cave and enlarged the metal box above it, to make things easier.
Polar 10 (Escape from Hawker Island) - slight tweaks to the mini-caves under the ice patch, to make it a touch easier.

I've also updated the savegame file (save.dat) so it has the correct data now.

In case you're wondering about Classic 10, it didn't need any changes. Thanks to geoo's video, the solution was altered last time round and I think it's spot-on now.

Offline Ste Woz Ere

• Lemmings 2 fan
    • View Profile
Another major update - focusing on everything else, notably levels that I hadn't visited since they were made:

====================
Version 13.4 has been released
====================

Highland 3 (McLem's Drunken Dream) - moved the golf course up a notch, to prevent roper spam from reaching it.
Highland 5 (Lembank Docks) - +1 thrower, -2 mortars.
Highland 7 (Artillery Range) - lowered the height of the first water pit and increased the size of the gap beyond it. (for easier execution)
Highland 10 (Ten Brown Barrels) - -1 roper.
Circus 2 (Devil vs. Strongman) - moved the exit back down to where it should be.
Circus 4 (Red vs. Blue) - lowered some sections to make the jumps easier.
Circus 9 (Roadblock) - slight tweak to the first 2 puzzle areas, reduced the height of the blue/yellow block in the 3rd.
Classic 3 (A Race of Halves) - shortened the metal block above the exit. (to shave a couple of seconds off the time needed)
Classic 6 (Chambers of Aquatia) - tweaked the exit to re-enable the bottom route, +1 basher, improved the release rate.
Medieval 2 (Hack & Slash) - made the middle trapdoor safe, added a bunch of skills and 1 min.
Medieval 3 (Cave of Knaves) - reworked the right-side trapdoors for easier execution, added a bunch of skills and 1 min.
Medieval 4 (Finishing the Arc) - reworked the far end to make the main puzzle a bit cleaner, -2 platformers, +2 archers.
Egyptian 2 (Stomp Like an Egyptian) - moved one section down slightly, improved the release rate.
Egyptian 3 (Tomb of Ikea) - removed the shimmiers and 3 carpets (they were leftovers from when the level was more complex), improved the release rate.
Outdoor 3 (Under the Growth) - improved the release rate.
Outdoor 5 (Treetop Village) - slight tweak to first trapdoor, +1 roper.
Outdoor 6 (Not Mushroom Out There) - extended the lower ledge on both sides, +1 kayaker.
Outdoor 8 (Sinkhole Rescue Team) - +1 platformer, +1 bomber.
Beach 2 (The Sand Pit) - added metal to the holding area (backroute fix), lowered the exit, -3 divers, -3 floaters.
Beach 6 (Little Fluffy Clouds) - fixed an ugly cloud. (who wants ugly clouds)
Beach 8 (Dune Climbing Contest) - added a bunch of skills for easier execution, and 2 mins.
Sports 2 (The Stadium Underbelly) - removed the pole vaulters. (not needed)
Sports 3 (Letting Off Steam) - reworked the start area slightly, +5 shimmiers, +1 platformer, -1 fencer.
Sports 6 (A Mountain to Climb) - removed the need for the 2nd arrow bridge, -5 archers.
Sports 8 (Switcheroo) - reworked the bottom trapdoor area to fix a backroute, -1 fencer, +1 miner, +1 min.
Sports 9 (Remote Control) - +2 mins.
Shadow 3 (Air Raid) - moved the filler puzzle to L5, slight tweak to skill count.
Shadow 4 (Filling Station) - tweaked one section to prevent the possibility of saving a builder.
Shadow 5 (Water Works) - major rework of the middle+right sections to fix a backroute and add the filler puzzle from L3.
Shadow 7 (Sewers Smell Bad) - +1 roper, -5 builders, +1 bazooka. (gives a choice of methods while making it slightly less of a slog)
Shadow 8 (Production Line) - +1 roper, +2 bombers. (in case something goes wrong)
Cavelem 4 (Ruined Temple) -  moved the 2nd dino and the ledges slightly (for reliability), +2 stackers.
Cavelem 5 (Lem of the Dump) -  removed the ledge under the carcass to fix a backroute.
Cavelem 7 (The Lemcave) -  reworked the trapdoor and dino areas a little, +5 stompers.
Cavelem 8 (Up in the Jungle) -  improved the right-side trapdoors, added some skills.
Space 4 (Orbital Bombardment) - removed the middle block on both outer ships. Also removed the mortars and added a bunch of bazookas+jetpacks to make it a full bombardment now.
Polar 2 (Piste Off) - reworked the bottom section to make this the no-roper level in the tribe. (see L9 changes)
Polar 4 (It's All Downhill!) - lowered the cavern above the exit, shortened the topmost dig, -1 roper, -1 stacker.
Polar 6 (Ice Box Challenge) - lowered the topmost trapdoor, -1 min.
Polar 8 (The Crevasse) - slight rework of the side caves, -1 climber, +1 flamethrower, +1 min.
Polar 9 (Avalanche Rescue Team) - added a new puzzle by extending the top right cavern to the edge, +1 roper, +5 flamethrowers, -1 scooper.

As for the final release, it'll probably have to be after L2Player - while savestate DOSBox is fine for this pack, I get the feeling that the bigger level sizes have put people off (due to more moving parts), and as a result L2Player's framestepping should make it appeal more. In some ways it kinda feels like the L2 equivalent of advanced NL packs, where the player aids are pretty much required. (despite me avoiding really high-execution moments and pixel-precision puzzles)

Quote from: kieranmillar
I always was worried that QFK2 was too focused on difficult puzzles where people would just get stuck a lot until they figure out the "trick", a level style that actually only crops up rarely in official Lemmings games.

The main reason for that is because there are so many skills and tricks that can be done (either on their own or with a combo) - whereas with L1 it's mainly the glitches/exploits or advanced tricks that only cropped up in the age of internet video sharing.

I've done exactly the same regarding tricks/puzzles (esp. with the different skill combos compared to QFK2), and thinking up those sort of puzzles was the thing I enjoyed most about making this pack.

Offline Ste Woz Ere

• Lemmings 2 fan
    • View Profile
What started out as a couple of fixes turned into another major update - this time going over everything. I'm hoping that most or all of the backroutes are gone*, so I've mainly been focusing on improving the execution side. (adding skills, fixing terrain etc.)

* I don't mind alternative routes, as long as there's no shortcuts or breaking/bypassing major puzzles. So those are still in, especially in L1/L10 which are like that by nature.

====================
Version 13.5 has been released
====================

Highland 3 (McLem's Drunken Dream) - the bottle of whisky has fallen off the cloud and into the water. Added 2 throwers.
Highland 7 (Artillery Range) - +3 mortars. (in case something goes wrong)
Circus 3 (Jack in t'Box) - moved the exit and surrounding ledges down a touch. (to make the ballooning easier)
Circus 4 (Red vs. Blue) - reworked most of the bottom section, reduced platformers to 6, increased jumpers to 30 and renamed it to "Don't Capture the Flag". (not sure if this fixes the backroute but it's harder to get if it doesn't)
Classic 6 (Chambers of Aquatia) - +1 basher. (to give greater control over the main puzzle)
Classic 8 (Tricks & Traps) - swapped the order of the middle & right trapdoors.
Medieval 2 (Hack & Slash) - swapped with L3.
Medieval 3 (Cave of Knaves) - swapped with L2.
Medieval 4 (Finishing the Arc) - fixed a bug that was cutting off the very top of the level.
Medieval 6 (Dungeon & Dragon) - swapped with L7.
Medieval 7 (White Cliffs of Dunder) - swapped with L6.
Medieval 9 (Tower of Maidens) - tweaked a couple of the staircases, +2 fencers. (in case something goes wrong)
Egyptian 2 (Stomp Like an Egyptian) - +1 basher. (in case something goes wrong at the end)
Egyptian 3 (Tomb of Ikea) - moved to L6. Also added/changed a few skills to account for different outcomes of the main puzzle.
Egyptian 4 (Night Boat to Duat) - moved to L3. Also removed a filler and a glue pourer.
Egyptian 6 (Wade in the Water) - moved to L4.
Egyptian 7 (Sidestepping Evolution) - moved some of the "bumps" around to make navigation easier.
Egyptian 8 (The Chambers of Cain) - removed 3 carpets and also the need for 1 carpet (to prevent one section from being cheesed). Added 3 shimmiers.
Egyptian 9 (The Plunger's Tomb) - +1 filler, -2 glue pourers, extended the lowest platform a little bit. (due to the weird behaviour in this area)
Outdoor 4 (In Order: Down, Along, Up) - +1 bomber. (I found this improves the reliability of roping where there's loose pixels around)
Outdoor 7 (The Irrigation Pond) - -2 ballooners, +1 planter.
Outdoor 10 (The Plantshaft) - +2 parachuters. (in case they're needed)
Beach 3 (Everybody Do the Flop!) - swapped with L4. Also added a pile of sand at the foot of the cliff. (to make the scooper more reliable)
Beach 4 (Fall & Rise of Reg Lemmy) - swapped with L3.
Beach 5 (W is for...) - removed the cloud near the trapdoor. (bad)
Beach 7 (Sandy Cove) - moved to L8.
Beach 8 (Dune Climbing Contest) - moved to L9.
Beach 9 (Beach Hut BBQ) - moved to L7.
Sports 2 (The Stadium Underbelly) - reworked some areas (notably around the trapdoor), +2 runners, +5 shimmiers, -2 fencers.
Sports 3 (Letting Off Steam) - replaced the tennis rackets with a snooker table. (it was thematic to see them jumping off the rackets, but harder to execute)
Sports 9 (Remote Control) - -1 miner. (not needed)
Shadow 2 (Urban Gymastics) - -2 fillers. (not needed)
Shadow 3 (Air Raid) - reworked the left side, as it was possible to cheese the falling puzzle. Solution altered as a result and the skills have been changed accordingly. Also swapped with L4 due to increased difficulty.
Shadow 4 (Filling Station) - swapped with L3.
Shadow 8 (Production Line) - reworked the very bottom (to look more like a sewer under the factory), extended the ledges a touch, -3 bombers, +5 bazookas, -1 roper. (it broke the main puzzle, so the bazooka now covers any issues)
Shadow 9 (Mission Impassible) - -5 bazookas, +5 bombers. (this is now the no-bazooka level, due to the L8 changes)
Shadow 10 (Pockets of Resistance) - -2 builders. (not that it matters hugely in a rope-centric level)
Cavelem 2 (Land vs. Sea vs. Air) - +1 stomper. (in case anything goes wrong)
Cavelem 5 (Lem of the Dump) -  +2 club bashers, +1 min. (in case anything goes wrong)
Cavelem 6 (Last Rule of Bash Club) - +1 min.
Cavelem 7 (The Lemcave) -  +2 builders. (in case anything goes wrong)
Cavelem 10 (Dinosaur Islands) - raised the first dino island up a notch (to make one bit less tight), +1 builder as a result.
Space 3 (Magno Force) - changed the blocks around the pit. (to ensure the best solution)
Space 8 (Beam Me Somewhere Shotty) - +3 mortars. (in case something goes wrong)
Polar 2 (Piste Off) - slight scenery change on the far right. (to make it look more dangerous)
Polar 5 (Eskimo Beat) - swapped the topmost igloo+bear head, +2 skiers, +2 flamethrowers. (to prevent an unreliable alternative for containment)
Polar 7 (Research Outpost) - +1 flamethrower. (it may be needed sometimes)
Polar 10 (Escape from Hawker Island) - raised the tree by the exit slightly. (to make that final section easier)

Hopefully this will be the last big update before the final release, but I'm probably going to wait and see how L2Player develops, and ensure compatibility etc. before signing it off. (if anyone else tries to or has tried to break these levels in the meantime it would be handy to know the outcome)

Offline kieranmillar

• View Profile
Well it's been 9 months but I finally got around to playing this again and recording another video. Hopefully it won't be another 9 months until the next one.

https://youtu.be/UD2lO-xJy3M