Author Topic: [BUG][EDITOR] Error message on opening level that works in the player  (Read 1188 times)

Offline Strato Incendus

• The King of Shimmiers (crowned by Flopsy ;D )
  • #RIP Spearer/Grenader (2020 - 2021)
    • View Profile
Hi everyone,

I'm getting the attached error message when I try to open my level "Holy Mountains" from Lemmings World Tour in the editor. No idea what it means.

I've updated the editor again to make sure I have the latest version, yet the error still occurs. The player meanwhile (latest stable version, not the Release Candidate yet) can run the level without any problems.

The level mainly uses one of GigaLem's Freedom Planet tilesets as well as the Sonic Angelisland tileset. The level itself is also attached.

Any ideas what might be causing this? I've edited the New-Formats version of this level before, so it definitely shouldn't have anything to do with missing or mis-named tilesets anymore. The conversion of Lemmings World Tour for New Formats has been out for a while now, after all, and it functioned perfectly fine, IchoTolot completed it long ago.

(Translation of the German parts: "Assertion error: Cancel = Quit, Repeat = Debug, Ignore = Continue --> referring to the buttons available at the bottom)
My packs so far:
Lemmings World Tour (New & Old Formats), my music-themed flagship pack, 320 levels - Let's Played by Colorful Arty
Lemmings Open Air, my newest release and follow-up to World Tour, 120 levels
Paralems (Old Formats), a more flavour-driven one, 150 levels
Pit Lems (Old Formats), a more puzzly one, 100 levels - Let's Played by nin10doadict
Lemmicks, a pack for (very old) NeoLemmix 1.43 full of gimmicks, 170 levels

Offline Dullstar

• View Profile
    • Leafwing Studios Website (EXTREMELY OUTDATED)
Re: [BUG][EDITOR] Error message on opening level that works in the player
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2021, 06:03:46 PM »
It just needed cleansing (still a bug, I think - just a UI one, not a technical one - the error message doesn't do a good job indicating this is what's wrong with it).

The attached level was cleansed with the RC.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2021, 06:35:04 PM by Dullstar »

Offline Strato Incendus

• The King of Shimmiers (crowned by Flopsy ;D )
  • #RIP Spearer/Grenader (2020 - 2021)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2021, 08:09:59 PM »
Thanks a lot, Dullstar! ;) It works perfectly again now!

I was suspecting it had to do with some deprecated feature, i.e. something a cleanse might be able to remove - but I didn't want to try it out without being certain, at the risk of accidentally removing something vital (even though Cleanse probably should never do that - and if so, then it removes a feature which should no longer be used anyway).
My packs so far:
Lemmings World Tour (New & Old Formats), my music-themed flagship pack, 320 levels - Let's Played by Colorful Arty
Lemmings Open Air, my newest release and follow-up to World Tour, 120 levels
Paralems (Old Formats), a more flavour-driven one, 150 levels
Pit Lems (Old Formats), a more puzzly one, 100 levels - Let's Played by nin10doadict
Lemmicks, a pack for (very old) NeoLemmix 1.43 full of gimmicks, 170 levels

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2021, 11:43:46 PM »
Thanks a lot, Dullstar! ;) It works perfectly again now!

I was suspecting it had to do with some deprecated feature, i.e. something a cleanse might be able to remove - but I didn't want to try it out without being certain, at the risk of accidentally removing something vital (even though Cleanse probably should never do that - and if so, then it removes a feature which should no longer be used anyway).

Also, Cleanse does not overwrite the existing copy of the level.
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)