Author Topic: My solution to Redux (Lunatic) Final Level  (Read 2306 times)

Offline TinapayBri

• (title goes here)
    • View Profile
My solution to Redux (Lunatic) Final Level
« on: December 30, 2020, 06:19:58 PM »
Awesome remake/remaster to say the least!

I used to play the original a lot when I was a kid and I just recently discovered this. After playing through some of the easier levels, I felt that I was finally ready for one of the tough ones!  :thumbsup: I'm sure you have all completed this level and no doubt many others, but for what it's worth, here's my solution to NeoLemmix's Redux (Lunatic) "Fall and No Life 2":

Offline Proxima

• View Profile
Re: My solution to Redux (Lunatic) Final Level
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2020, 06:37:35 PM »
Congratulations! :thumbsup: That's the same way I originally solved that level on the Genesis version. It is a really satisfying feeling to just make it in time, which is one reason we decided to keep the time limit on this level (as you will have noticed, Redux removes the time limits from most levels -- levels like "Just a Minute" that have a good reason for keeping the time limit do so, though).

Offline WillLem

• Unity isn't sameness, it's togetherness
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2020, 03:59:03 AM »
Welcome to the Forums @TinapayBri :lemcat:

I watched your video - great to see that you're using high-res mode! :thumbsup:
« Last Edit: December 31, 2020, 04:06:26 AM by WillLem »

Offline TinapayBri

• (title goes here)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2020, 05:21:44 AM »
Thanks guys. I just watched my video again and realized that a glitch in the staircase helped me complete it, I didn't mean to :P , which is why I didn't need to destroy the stairs with the last available basher  :laugh: (at 2:26)

Congratulations! :thumbsup: That's the same way I originally solved that level on the Genesis version.
Cool. I never had the Genesis (or Megadrive, as we call it here in Australia) which is why I don't remember this level :laugh:.

Offline Proxima

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2020, 11:00:12 AM »
It's not a glitch, it's clever placement. Lemmings can step up 6 pixels but not 7, so if you make a 7-pixel step you can turn them around.

If you ever get into playing usermade levels, you will often find levels that expect you to know this trick for the solution :P

Offline TinapayBri

• (title goes here)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2020, 04:51:32 PM »
It's not a glitch, it's clever placement. Lemmings can step up 6 pixels but not 7, so if you make a 7-pixel step you can turn them around.

If you ever get into playing usermade levels, you will often find levels that expect you to know this trick for the solution :P
Ah ok, thanks for the heads up!

Offline WillLem

• Unity isn't sameness, it's togetherness
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2020, 07:09:27 PM »
Thanks guys. I just watched my video again and realized that a glitch in the staircase helped me complete it, I didn't mean to :P , which is why I didn't need to destroy the stairs with the last available basher  :laugh:

And, it means that you can then use the leftover Basher to save time elsewhere... ;P