Author Topic: I wonder if we should create a list  (Read 184 times)

Offline grams88

• Just one more thing.
    • View Profile
I wonder if we should create a list
« on: December 27, 2020, 05:06:37 AM »
Hi everyone

I might leave this one for someone else to be in charge. I wonder if we have made a list of the Neolemmix packs that only contain the original eight skills and original and oh no more level tilesets. The reason for mentioning this one was I usually get that nostalgic feeling when playing those levels and it feels closest to the original lemmings' games as you can get. I think it was Willlem that got me thinking about this idea as he was mentioning playing the Super lemmini and how close it is to the amiga one.

I admit I'm a big fan of things nostalgic. :lemming::lemming::lemming::lemming:

For the person making the list, I might put the Nuked Lems forward as that contains both original, oh no, and eight skills.

If such a list has been created then it would probably be best to delete this topic.

Offline Flopsy

• Global Moderator
  • Gotta Go Fast
    • View Profile
Re: I wonder if we should create a list
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2020, 06:13:32 AM »
This seems like a good idea, we could have a table with all the packs in and columns saying

Level Pack Name || Uses 8 original skills only || Uses only Original/Oh No Tilesets  ||

SEB Lems            ||       NO                         ||            NO                                    ||

Lemmings Reunion ||      YES                        ||          NO                                     ||

That's just a rough outline but it could be done with the Level packs in alphabetical order. Perhaps the maintainer of the list could be PM'd if a new pack comes out as a matter of practice when someone releases a new pack so it can be added to this new list.
Flopsy's YouTube Channel

SEB Lems (160 levels)
MegSEGAbytes (40 levels)
Modular Lems (10 level minipack)
Gotta Go Fast (in progress)

Offline WillLem

• #SaveTheGrenader
    • View Profile
Re: I wonder if we should create a list
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2020, 07:23:51 AM »
Great idea! Feel free to use this table as a template (click "Modify" and copy the html):

AuthorPack"Classic 8" Skills OnlyOrig/Ohno Tilesets Only
FlopsySEB LemsNoNo
grams88Nuked LemsYesYes
IchoTolotLemmings ReunionYesNo
namidaLemmings Plus IYesYes
namidaLemmings Plus VINoNo
WillLemLemminasNoNo

Also, @grams88 - of course you should do it! If you're the man with the vision, you're the best person for the task 8-)