Author Topic: [SUG][PLAYER] Allow skill panel to display in a different resolution to game  (Read 806 times)

Online WillLem

• Unity isn't sameness, it's togetherness
    • View Profile
Further to the recent implementation of independent skill panel zoom (awesome :thumbsup:), I'd also suggest allowing the panel to be displayed in a different resolution, if the user's window size and/or screen resolution do not allow the panel to be displayed at its fullest.

My recommendation would be that this simply be an automatic thing in the first instance. So, if a user has engaged a certain configuration of settings (such as for the skill panel to be zoomed, and high-res mode enabled), then the panel will display in whatever resolution allows it to appear largest in that particular setup.

Of course, users should also be able to manually configure this as well, should they wish to do so.

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
My recommendation would be that this simply be an automatic thing in the first instance. So, if a user has engaged a certain configuration of settings (such as for the skill panel to be zoomed, and high-res mode enabled), then the panel will display in whatever resolution allows it to appear largest in that particular setup.

This is too complex. The default setting would simply be "match the user's game high-res setting", which the user could then choose to alter independently in the settings menu.
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)