Author Topic: [NeoLemmix] Lemmings Open Air [Difficulty: Medium - Hard]  (Read 36102 times)

Offline Strato Incendus

• The King of Shimmiers (crowned by Flopsy ;D )
  • #RIP Spearer/Grenader (2020 - 2021)
    • View Profile
Re: [NeoLemmix] Lemmings Open Air [Difficulty: Medium - Hard]
« Reply #105 on: December 11, 2020, 09:48:58 AM »
Thanks, that one is as intended at last! :thumbsup:
My packs so far:
Lemmings World Tour (New & Old Formats), my music-themed flagship pack, 320 levels - Let's Played by Colorful Arty
Lemmings Open Air, my newest release and follow-up to World Tour, 120 levels
Paralems (Old Formats), a more flavour-driven one, 150 levels
Pit Lems (Old Formats), a more puzzly one, 100 levels - Let's Played by nin10doadict
Lemmicks, a pack for (very old) NeoLemmix 1.43 full of gimmicks, 170 levels

Offline ericderkovits

• View Profile
« Reply #106 on: December 13, 2020, 10:54:40 AM »
ok, here  are the final 10 levels of Heavy.
 Alot of these 10 levels were very difficult.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2020, 09:09:54 PM by ericderkovits »

Offline Strato Incendus

• View Profile
« Reply #107 on: December 14, 2020, 03:15:57 PM »
Quote from: ericderkovits
Alot of these 10 levels were very difficult.

As they should be! :thumbsup: I'm glad to hear that! :evil:

No backroutes this time! ;)

My packs so far:
Lemmings World Tour (New & Old Formats), my music-themed flagship pack, 320 levels - Let's Played by Colorful Arty
Pit Lems (Old Formats), a more puzzly one, 100 levels - Let's Played by nin10doadict

Offline ericderkovits

• View Profile
« Reply #108 on: December 17, 2020, 12:34:41 AM »
ok, here are the 1st 10 levels of Hardcore replays.

The hardest of these 10 was level 2. The other ones not too difficult.

Got the Talisman for level 1(easy)

Online kaywhyn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: December 17, 2020, 06:40:19 AM »
Hardcore 2 is definitely much harder now than it was before. It has already gone through several versions. Armani and I backrouted the level very badly in the earlier versions, and so you're the unfortunate majority to be playing the current version where it's at the peak of its difficulty :P Strato was pretty much like "those damn bomber backroutes"  :crylaugh:

The only other one in the batch you have solved I would say can be difficult for most is Hardcore 5. Probably about equal in difficulty to Hardcore 2, but definitely not as chaotic and so just a tad bit easier. It's still not easy at all.

Just looked ahead with the final 20 levels, and most of them are quite difficult as I recall. Here, I'm putting myself in the shoes of less experienced players, as when I gave feedback I told Strato that I didn't think the Hardcore rank was that hard at all for the final rank of the pack. I felt some of the levels in the earlier ranks were far harder than most of the Hardcore ones, but of course, I'm in a completely different league here :P
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPMqwuqZ206rBWJrUC6wkrA - My YouTube channel and you can also find my playlists of Lemmings level packs that I have LPed
kaywhyn's blog: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=5363.0

Offline ericderkovits

• View Profile
« Reply #110 on: December 17, 2020, 07:13:29 AM »
I thought Hardcore 5 was much easier than hardcore 2. I kept having trouble keeping lemmings from splatting in Hardcore 2, Finally I was able to find a solution to handle that.
And like you said before. Some levels people may find hard (not you though since your a master), others may find not so hard. So I guess I just found it much easier.

Hey Strato, I finally got the Gold Talisman for Loud 1.

Online kaywhyn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: December 17, 2020, 07:46:02 AM »
In some ways Hardcore 5 is easier than Hardcore 2, but it's still not an easy level regardless. In particular, I say the hardest parts are figuring out how to get up and how to recover after getting the buttons on either side. In any case, there are far worse ones yet to come, if you manage to get that far. As you're quite far into the pack, you're doing well.

I thought you said you didn't care for the talismans ??? Haha good job on finally getting the Loud 1 one, though.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPMqwuqZ206rBWJrUC6wkrA - My YouTube channel and you can also find my playlists of Lemmings level packs that I have LPed

Offline Strato Incendus

• View Profile
« Reply #112 on: December 17, 2020, 05:04:12 PM »
First of all, congratulations on getting the talisman for Loud 01, eric! :thumbsup: You actually did it a completely different way than Armani (who was the one who discovered the talisman in the first place). Glad to see there is more than just his fairly obscure method of obtaining it.

Regarding your Hardcore solutions so far, while most of them are not as intended, they use all or all but 1 skill, and are therefore all acceptable as alternative solutions to me! ;) A lot of these are semi-open-ended anyway, and the shape of the terrain itself poses the main challenge (especially on the already mentioned Hardcore 02). Much like with "Wooden pints" on the Heavy rank, no matter which solution you find to navigate those landscapes, none of them are going to be easy.

My packs so far:

Offline ericderkovits

• View Profile
« Reply #113 on: December 19, 2020, 08:48:07 AM »
ok, here's my next 10 hardcore level replays.
most of these were easy.
level 17 was a little difficult, and level 20 was super hard. spent alot of time on that one.

Offline Strato Incendus

• View Profile
« Reply #114 on: December 20, 2020, 03:53:48 PM »
Great job, eric! :thumbsup:

As a result of these most recent 10 replays of yours, another small update has been uploaded that brings some additional steel as fixes to Hardcore 16.
My packs so far:

Offline ericderkovits

• View Profile
« Reply #115 on: December 20, 2020, 07:15:18 PM »
ok, how about this for hardcore 16. different solution at start. more difficult with added steel.

Offline Strato Incendus

• View Profile
« Reply #116 on: December 20, 2020, 08:43:12 PM »
Yes, that's much better! :thumbsup: Still not quite as intended, but much closer to it. And it definitely looks like this was a lot harder to figure out ;) .
My packs so far:

Online kaywhyn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: December 21, 2020, 02:00:37 AM »
Took me long enough to solve this one and only remaining level left. As you know, the latest version of this level was the only one I couldn't solve before you released the pack :-\ Somehow I feel this isn't intended, but I honestly can't see any other way to do it. Definitely one of the hardest levels of the pack now that it has gone through several versions. Then again, this solution of mine is more or less the same as the one I used for the previous version, just substituted two skills in place of the fencer to save the 2nd lemming.

Offline Strato Incendus

• View Profile
« Reply #118 on: December 21, 2020, 09:56:52 AM »
Congratulations for beating the level again, kaywhyn! :thumbsup:

As you guessed, no, this is indeed not intended, but I don't see a way of stopping it. And if it was that difficult to solve anyway, I don't think it's necessary to fix it even further either ;) . This is simply an alternative solution that apparently wasn't any easier to figure out.
My packs so far:

Online kaywhyn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: December 21, 2020, 10:22:41 AM »
The really weird thing is I'm not sure why it took me a really long time to find this solution despite it simply being a minor tweak of my previous solution where I used two skills in place of the fencer and then the rest remained the same. Before I finally solved it, I thought I was a dummy if I couldn't solve it but Armani and Gronkling seemed they were able to solve Hardcore 24 easily. I've seen both of their solutions, and honestly Armani's intended solution is awesome. On the other hand, Gronkling and I found the exact same solution, so now I don't feel as bad about the level stumping me this long :crylaugh: