Author Topic: vote for your top puzzle solvers in neolemmix  (Read 2520 times)

Offline ericderkovits

• View Profile
vote for your top puzzle solvers in neolemmix
« on: September 28, 2020, 01:21:03 AM »
I figured I would open this topic to just to see who people think are the best Neolemix puzzle solvers.

here is my list

1) Icholotot (I voted for him number 1 because he has played the most packs as per his Youtube Channel shows-Also because He made the most difficult pack for neolemmix-Lemmings United)
2) Kaywhyn (I voted him number 2 as he has beaten so many packs as his post for Packs I've played, Packs I'm Playing, and Packs I am thinking of playing states)
3) Namida (I voted him number 3 as he also has a lot of youtube videos for packs he's beaten)
4 ) Armani (I voted him number 4 as many people say he's a top puzzle solver too although I don't have too much knowledge on this, I'm going on what other people say-ie Kaywhyn)
5) Joshecue18 (I voted him number 5 as he's also beaten so many packs as per his replay posts for many packs)

I'm interested in what other people think about who they think are the top puzzle solvers in neolemmix.

Of course this is all subjective as I'm sure there are many great puzzle solvers. Also you can elaborate on anything about this topic.

NOTE: Just for your info I vote for myself as the worst puzzle solver.

Offline WillLem

• Unity isn't sameness, it's togetherness
    • View Profile
Re: vote for your top puzzle solvers in neolemmix
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2020, 03:17:48 AM »

I'm sure that's not true, you seem to have made your way through quite a lot of packs! It takes me ages to get through even a relatively straightforward bunch of levels.

Anyways, for the record I'd nominate DireKrow and Proxima for a Top 10 spot as well as the players you've already mentioned, for sure. I've played a fair bit of Skills You Can't Live Without with these guys, and both are more than capable of very obscure and advanced puzzle-solving techniques.

Offline kaywhyn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2020, 04:50:11 AM »
I figured I would open this topic to just to see who people think are the best Neolemix puzzle solvers.

here is my list

1) Icholotot (I voted for him number 1 because he has played the most packs as per his Youtube Channel shows-Also because He made the most difficult pack for neolemmix-Lemmings United)
2) Kaywhyn (I voted him number 2 as he has beaten so many packs as his post for Packs I've played, Packs I'm Playing, and Packs I am thinking of playing states)
3) Namida (I voted him number 3 as he also has a lot of youtube videos for packs he's beaten)
4 ) Armani (I voted him number 4 as many people say he's a top puzzle solver too although I don't have too much knowledge on this, I'm going on what other people say-ie Kaywhyn)
5) Joshecue18 (I voted him number 5 as he's also beaten so many packs as per his replay posts for many packs)

That's a pretty nice top 5 solvers list which I can certainly agree with, including with my position on it to an extent. Where some people, including those on your list, might disagree with me is this: Personally, I'm probably the worst out of all the top solvers on your list. Again, I'm not trying to be self-deprecating, it's just my honest personal evaluation of myself as a solver. Self-evaluation is a huge part of my teaching job, where I do it constantly and evaluate myself based on what I did well and what didn't go as well when I taught the math lesson, and based on this feedback I give myself that's how I plan my lessons accordingly. Still, I'm certainly not going to argue with your list, as I'm quite honored being second on your list, and I'll certainly accept that with glee, even if I personally don't quite agree with my position on it. After all, it's your opinion, and I like the criteria you used to rank them.

I'm sure that's not true, you seem to have made your way through quite a lot of packs! It takes me ages to get through even a relatively straightforward bunch of levels.

Then you clearly didn't read this topic of eric's: eric's views of himself not being a good solver. However, I will say this, and that is I refuse to believe eric's claim of not being a good puzzle solver himself. I know he's very capable of solving levels. I've seen him. I think it's simply due to the lack of believing in his own abilities. Well, as I always tell people: "You know more and can do more than you think you do/can."

That being said, WillLem I know you're a good solver too. I've seen some of your LP's of the first ranks of packs, and even if you didn't manage to solve all of the first rank levels, the fact that you still managed to solve most AND on a blind playthrough, meaning you never took a look at the levels ahead of time before taking them on on video, says a lot! :thumbsup: If I were to do videos of me solving levels, I likely will only do it after I've solved the level on my own first before simply showing the solution only. It takes a lot to both be able to solve AND be entertaining on video, and you managed to do pretty well with both in the LP's I have watched :)   
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPMqwuqZ206rBWJrUC6wkrA - My YouTube channel and you can also find my playlists of Lemmings level packs that I have LPed
kaywhyn's blog: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=5363.0

Offline WillLem

• Unity isn't sameness, it's togetherness
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2020, 06:24:59 PM »
Then you clearly didn't read this topic of eric's: eric's views of himself not being a good solver. However, I will say this, and that is I refuse to believe eric's claim of not being a good puzzle solver himself. I know he's very capable of solving levels. I've seen him. I think it's simply due to the lack of believing in his own abilities. Well, as I always tell people: "You know more and can do more than you think you do/can."

Haha, that's the teacher in you! Very encouraging :thumbsup:

I've just read the post, and it's clear Eric has a low opinion of his own solving abilities, however he does recognise his strengths in other areas: compiling/converting packs (he helped massively with Amiga Lemmings) and collecting/fixing replays - this in itself is an admirable and worthwhile feat, as it helps to keep track of the details and possibly highlight errors in levels. We all have our strengths, and we all have something to contribute, as I'm sure you'd agree.

WillLem I know you're a good solver too. I've seen some of your LP's of the first ranks of packs... It takes a lot to both be able to solve AND be entertaining on video, and you managed to do pretty well with both in the LP's I have watched :)   

Ah, this was very gratifying to read. Thank you kaywhyn, it makes all those hours of editing worthwhile! :lemcat:

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2020, 07:50:50 PM »
Armani and joshescue18 are definitely both far better solvers than I am.
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline kaywhyn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2020, 06:07:28 AM »
Haha, that's the teacher in you! Very encouraging :thumbsup:

Yup, that's the profession in me, being helpful and encouraging whenever I can ;) I believe in all of my students' abilities to succeed.

Ah, this was very gratifying to read. Thank you kaywhyn, it makes all those hours of editing worthwhile! :lemcat:

Hehe, of course, man! :) Also you're musical instrument playing talents too. I did watch that video of you experimenting with various musical sounds. I only know how to play very basic piano, as I know the basics of music theory well, like letter note names, sol-fege, how many beats each particular note gets, etc. Other than that, my talents lie primarily in singing, as I was in choir class for 7 years in school (3 in middle school, 4 in high school), but even before that I already did a lot of singing for fun.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPMqwuqZ206rBWJrUC6wkrA - My YouTube channel and you can also find my playlists of Lemmings level packs that I have LPed
kaywhyn's blog: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=5363.0