Author Topic: All levels in a Google doc spreadsheet  (Read 2353 times)

Offline finlay

• View Profile
All levels in a Google doc spreadsheet
« on: September 05, 2020, 06:04:56 PM »
while my attention is pointed at Lemmings, I'd like to just upload this spreadsheet that I made with data about all the levels

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1E0doEFoZh52rQ5McHEFA7cgeYv6J5skHNMr-WczVLZc/edit?usp=sharing

I uploaded this when I was last active on the forum in 2011 or something, as an xls file on Dropbox, so I guess google doc wasn't active at the time? Anyway, please let me know if there are any glaring mistakes or other port/games/information you'd like to add. (I don't really know well how google doc works - maybe you can suggest an edit or comment on the file directly?)

hope you find it useful! :)

Online WillLem

• Unity isn't sameness, it's togetherness
    • View Profile
Re: All levels in a Google doc spreadsheet
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2020, 08:58:06 PM »
Thanks for sharing this, finlay; I love a good spreadsheet! What do all the different coloured cell shadings mean?

Offline finlay

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2020, 09:04:29 PM »
Bearing in mind that I don't remember every individual colour, they're usually for "unusual" or "noteworthy" values. Things like 100% goal but also <50% goal are highlighted. In the case of skills, I actually highlighted n=0 on excel so that it would stand out easier, but this didn't transfer to google. I think what are highlighted are 10<n<20 and n>20. The actual colours don't matter, for the automatic ones. But red/pink usually means an odd/inexplicable change between platforms and the exclusive levels on e.g. Genesis are highlighted in blue.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2020, 09:11:07 PM by finlay »

Offline finlay

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2020, 04:07:15 PM »
already found levels i didn't know about - the "Amiga Budget" levels. I've added them on the replacement/bonus levels tab. I used data from the lemmings fandom wiki but not entirely sure because some of the data was missing for Mayhem 22.

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2020, 07:36:02 PM »
already found levels i didn't know about - the "Amiga Budget" levels. I've added them on the replacement/bonus levels tab. I used data from the lemmings fandom wiki but not entirely sure because some of the data was missing for Mayhem 22.

There's also another unique Amiga version, the "Amiga Bookclub" version which has different levels than usual in the positions Tricky 21 ("Through The Graveyard") and Taxing 20 ("Something Weighing On Your Mind?"). Neither are particularly interesting levels per se, but they're still two more official levels.

There's also a couple from demos - "The Apple Computer Level" (a special graphics level that literally solves itself) from a Mac demo, and "One Way To Freedom" (an actual proper level) from an Amiga demo. And depending on which version of Holiday Lemmings you've played, there's also "Vacation In Gemland" or whatever level was in that place (I forget the title) in the Amiga version.
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline kaywhyn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2020, 07:44:17 PM »
The level you're referring to is Clouds of Lemmings. Unlike Vacation in Gemland, the level is much easier. Gemland is out of place (the only non-Christmas snow tileset level) and is such a huge spike in difficulty due to a very tight skillset and very tight time limit.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPMqwuqZ206rBWJrUC6wkrA - My YouTube channel and you can also find my playlists of Lemmings level packs that I have LPed
kaywhyn's blog: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=5363.0

Offline ericderkovits

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2020, 08:29:53 PM »
also I have the dos version of Vacation in Gemland for both NL and Superlemmini. Also I have the dos version music for jingle bells(jb_dos.ogg) and good king wenceslas(kw_dos.ogg) in my
NL and Superlemmini. The thing about those 2 .ogg's music files, I could only find them online in vgm form. And NL and Superlemmini doesn't play using .vgm so I had a very difficult time
finding online a converter to convert vgm. to ogg. But I found one(Don't remember now-but I do have the program on my hard drive). The reason I want those songs for dos is because I want
all my levels to play the correct version of the song. I mean I could have settled for just the Amiga versions for dos, but I don't like doing that. I like making everything play the correct version.

Yes Vacation in Gemland is much more difficult than Clouds of Lemmings. I even had a difficult time collecting replays for Superlemmini and NL. Although much easier to solve in NL due to
Skill shadows.

Offline finlay

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2020, 08:39:30 PM »

There's also another unique Amiga version, the "Amiga Bookclub" version which has different levels than usual in the positions Tricky 21 ("Through The Graveyard") and Taxing 20 ("Something Weighing On Your Mind?"). Neither are particularly interesting levels per se, but they're still two more official levels.

There's also a couple from demos - "The Apple Computer Level" (a special graphics level that literally solves itself) from a Mac demo, and "One Way To Freedom" (an actual proper level) from an Amiga demo. And depending on which version of Holiday Lemmings you've played, there's also "Vacation In Gemland" or whatever level was in that place (I forget the title) in the Amiga version.
Are you able to suggest edits on google docs directly? (or do you know how i can change the settings to allow you to?) I've found the info for the two "book club" levels, but it might be easier if you know the skills and so on to just suggest them.

I think I've played the apple computer demo you mentioned. I wasn't too impressed lol

Offline ericderkovits

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2020, 08:53:13 PM »
here is the details for those 2 levels

1 Through the Graveyard
 Time: 9 min
 Release Rate: 50
 Save %: 80/100
 Skills: 2 climbers, 5 bombers, 5 blockers, 25 builders, 8 bashers, and 2 miners

2. Something weighing on your Mind
    Time: 4 min
    Release Rate: 20
    Save %: 85/100
    Skills: 1 climber, 1 floater, 6 bombers, 2 blockers, 14 builders, 1 basher, 1 miner, and 1 digger.

I have all the levels in both NL and Superlemmini, So i can give details about any lemmings non-custom level(ie bookclub, demo, etc)

Offline finlay

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2020, 08:55:37 PM »
cheers

Clouds of Lemmings is already in there

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2020, 09:25:28 PM »
But I found one(Don't remember now-but I do have the program on my hard drive).

BRTSM Convertor can handle it. If you use the "Looping OGG" output format (and rename it from ".logg" to ".ogg", which is more accurate anyway as they're just OGG with some extra metainfo tags), NeoLemmix can even make use of the loop point information (but SuperLemmini cannot - it can still play it as a regular old OGG file though, I think?).
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)