Author Topic: [BUG?][DOWNLOAD MANAGER] Error message when attempting to download  (Read 942 times)

Offline WillLem

• Unity isn't sameness, it's togetherness
    • View Profile
The download manager works great most of the time, but this evening I got the following error message when I was trying to download a piece from namida_special (specifically, the object water_red):

EZipException: Stream read error

I re-downloaded LPVI to get the pieces so that's all good, but just thought I'd give a heads up that this one didn't seem to want to play ball for some reason.

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
Re: [BUG?][DOWNLOAD MANAGER] Error message when attempting to download
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2020, 07:01:37 PM »
namida_special shouldn't be accessible through the style manager in the first place (relevant pieces from it are instead included with the packs that use them), but this could mean there's a bug that causes it to (presumably, on a "if it was detected as missing, it gets put in the list even if it isn't on the downloadable list") - followed by NL thus trying to download a style that doesn't exist on the server, and getting a 404 error, which it then tries to interpret as a ZIP file because it hasn't been designed to handle such a situation.

So: There is a bug here, but not what you thought it was.
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)