Author Topic: 2020 Roadmap  (Read 174 times)

Offline Simon

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Lix
2020 Roadmap
« on: July 09, 2020, 09:39:08 pm »
For the second half of 2020, I'm planning:
  • Undo in the editor. I've poured serious effort into undo, but it's not finished. Undo must become a non-buggy releaseable feature. At first, only tile additions/deletions will be undoable. More actions will follow to become undoable. Probably some minor actions won't yet be undoable by end of 2019. We'll see.
  • Introduce an end-of-level screen that previews the next level. Maybe offer two levels: The next level, and the next unsolved level.
  • Replay tweaker: Add insert mode
  • Probably no physics change, no introduction of neutral lixes yet, ... But I should propose a battle plan for such breaking changes. Physics have subtle bugs, and I still haven't merged fixes that have been cooking since summer 2017.
-- Simon

Offline mobius

• relax.
    • View Profile
Re: 2020 Roadmap
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2020, 12:05:01 am »
wasn't there something that always comes up during multiplayer sessions about when a level ends the screen goes away or something happens and you can't see who won or something of that nature?

Also has quitting/leaving server too easily been fixed?
"All things are empty... Whoever can see this no longer needs anything to attain."
-The Heart Sutra

"Yeah, well, that's just, like, your opinion, man"
-the Dude

Offline Simon

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Lix
Re: 2020 Roadmap
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2020, 07:23:22 am »
These two, I assume?

The lobby needs a place for the colorful bars after the game. Unclear where to sacrifice screen space. This is the main design problem. Otherwise, these two are very much doable.

-- Simon
« Last Edit: July 10, 2020, 09:18:17 am by Simon »