Author Topic: Music from various Lemmings ports in OGG format  (Read 11298 times)

Offline Proxima

• View Profile
Re: Music from various Lemmings ports in OGG format
« Reply #15 on: June 01, 2020, 10:54:16 PM »
Psp had no set order for levels but I just used in each extra level

Sorry, I'm not clear what you mean here. The PSP version doesn't have a fixed music track for each level? If so, then how does it decide?

I've gone through Luis's playthrough of the Special levels and noted which track was played on each level, but if it's not fixed then we shouldn't use this as a basis. In particular, in the video hell2 plays five times, while earth2, earth3 and hell3 never play; it would be a pity to leave these tracks out. Maybe we should set the first hell level to "hell1", the second to "hell2" and so on?

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #16 on: June 01, 2020, 10:57:15 PM »
Sorry, I'm not clear what you mean here. The PSP version doesn't have a fixed music track for each level? If so, then how does it decide?

I believe it's random, and can even be different if you play the same level twice in a row.
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline ericderkovits

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 01, 2020, 11:11:39 PM »
these are the ones i Put into the neolemmix levels using editor
not set pattern but I think they put them theme wise (ie crystal with crystal levels, hell one with fire levels,etc)

A Bridge over Lemming slaughter-roman2
A to B-oldtune2
Back of the net-crystal1
Bash in the direction of the arrow-oldtune3
Block first. Explode second-roman3
Born a blocker, die a blocker-roman1
Bridge Across, Mine through-crystal3
Cagey business-roman1
Chain reaction-hell2
Climb to victory-oldtune3
Crystal point-crystal3
Dig down bash across-hell2
Down the Line-roman2
Float in light at Lemming head height-egypt2
Gather round and break away-hell2
Just 17-egypt1
Lemming toast-hell2
No justice for the hero-crystal3
Not as easy as it looks-roman2
Notch what you think it is-roman3
One man does all the hard work-crystal1
Pillar talking-egypt3
Quickly now-hell1
Release is the word-hell2
Save the Lemmings with floaters-egypt1
Seeing double-roman1
So near so far-hell1
The flood-egypt1
The run around-oldtune1
The stairs are not floored-egypt2
The wormery-earth1
Three steps to heaven-crystal1
Tunnel Vision-egypt3
Two good friends-egypt1
With a little help from my Lem-roman3
Wrong points of view-crystal2

Offline ericderkovits

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 01, 2020, 11:17:11 PM »
I think maybe just put them themewise or use earthones that would fit the level. But many people love these tunes.  so I suggest arrange them by theme. The wormery I used earth1. but if you think earth goes with certain levels by means put them in that way. just go by theme.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2020, 11:34:09 PM by ericderkovits »

Offline Proxima

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 01, 2020, 11:20:16 PM »
I've assigned crystal1 to the first crystal level, crystal2 to the second, and so forth, so that within each theme the tracks are used more or less evenly. Earth3 still never plays (since there are only two earth levels) but there's no way around that.

Offline ericderkovits

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 11, 2020, 05:38:49 PM »
UPDATE: to use these PSP ones in SUPERLEMMINI the _PSP extension has to be removed for it to work as pointed out by Kaywhyn. so I'm reuploading new ones just for superlemmini. but these other ones will still be used for neolemmix the way they are with the _PSP added(No need to download this version).

Here is PART 1

Offline ericderkovits

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 11, 2020, 05:40:53 PM »
UPDATE: to use these PSP ones in SUPERLEMMINI the _PSP extension has to be removed for it to work as pointed out by Kaywhyn. so I'm reuploading new ones just for superlemmini. but these other ones will still be used for neolemmix the way they are with the _PSP added(No need to download this version).

Here is PART 2

Offline ccexplore

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 12, 2020, 07:29:38 AM »
Aren't the original Amiga music in MOD format which NeoLemmix already supports (and also, aren't those basically what NeoLemmix already comes with)?

Don't get me wrong, it's fine to have OGG conversions for Amiga for many other purposes, just that for inclusion in levels, it'd be less to download for levels to just reference what NeoLemmix already has when they need Amiga music.

Even for other Amiga Lemmings games that NeoLemmix doesn't include music for, if the MOD or MOD-like format used is supported by NeoLemmix, it'd be smaller files for levels to use MOD format compared to OGGs.  OGG also technically is lossy compression and so isn't going to be a 100% perfect match to original, even if differences probably unnoticeable in most cases for most ears.

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #23 on: June 12, 2020, 07:06:51 PM »
Aren't the original Amiga music in MOD format which NeoLemmix already supports (and also, aren't those basically what NeoLemmix already comes with)?

Don't get me wrong, it's fine to have OGG conversions for Amiga for many other purposes, just that for inclusion in levels, it'd be less to download for levels to just reference what NeoLemmix already has when they need Amiga music.

Even for other Amiga Lemmings games that NeoLemmix doesn't include music for, if the MOD or MOD-like format used is supported by NeoLemmix, it'd be smaller files for levels to use MOD format compared to OGGs.  OGG also technically is lossy compression and so isn't going to be a 100% perfect match to original, even if differences probably unnoticeable in most cases for most ears.

Yes, and there's at least one other port that natively uses a low-size supported format (or at least can be perfectly converted to such) too. I forget which one it was.
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline doogle

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 27, 2021, 09:01:02 AM »
I know I'm a little late,  but would ant body like the Acorn Archimedes music for Lemmings and Oh No! More Lemmings? Or that from the Commodore or Windows versions?

I've been playing with the old DHTML Lemmings by Crisp over the years, upgrading it and making more levels work,  and have included the music from the Acorn version along with Windows, Commodore and the others already listed in this thread.

Offline kaywhyn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 27, 2021, 09:08:22 AM »
Hey doogle,

It's already been done a long time ago https://www.neolemmix.com/?page=music_packs
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPMqwuqZ206rBWJrUC6wkrA - My YouTube channel and you can also find my playlists of Lemmings level packs that I have LPed
kaywhyn's blog: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=5363.0

Offline doogle

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 27, 2021, 09:15:48 AM »
Ah that's cool then.
Thanks,  I just wondered as only a few were mentioned in this thread.

Offline WillLem

• Unity isn't sameness, it's togetherness
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 27, 2021, 10:37:43 PM »
@Doogle

By all means share it anyway: your version may be better quality (etc) than existing versions