Author Topic: [BUG?]sprite recoloring affects lemming colors in CPM resulting in invisibility?  (Read 1323 times)

Offline ccexplore

• View Profile
According to WillLem, per this post it seems apparently possible for sprite recoloring of lemmings to affect the colors used to display them during CPM, making it apparently possible for example for the lemmings to become invisible even in CPM.

More generally, my expectation is that all the colors used during CPM are fixed and unaffected by styles, so that what you see color-wise is always what you get.  WillLem appears to have found a counterexample?

Offline WillLem

• Unity isn't sameness, it's togetherness
    • View Profile
The lemming sprites in question are completely invisible: i.e. they've had their clothes, skin and hair manually recoloured to Alpha 0.

So there's nothing for CPM to recolour; the sprite sets are all completely blank apart from umbrellas, backpacks, tools, etc (which, incidentally, do show up in CPM) - see pictures below.

PLEASE NOTE: I have modified these sprites purely for experimental purposes ONLY; I have no intention whatsoever to release any levels using this sprite set.

« Last Edit: April 19, 2020, 03:21:10 PM by WillLem »

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
Yeah - the lemming sprites in those sets aren't done via the recoloring system; they're a custom set of sprites that literally have no solid pixels (aside from the umbrellas / etc).

Making clear physics mode spriteset-independent would be a fairly tricky task with the way things are currently written. When used with a custom (or recolored) spriteset, CPM should work and give consistent colors, while maintaining the shape (where applicable) of custom sprites.
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)