Author Topic: [BUG][EDITOR] limit ______ talismans break level when saving  (Read 1361 times)

Offline WillLem

• Unity isn't sameness, it's togetherness
    • View Profile
[BUG][EDITOR] limit ______ talismans break level when saving
« on: February 25, 2020, 10:19:13 PM »
This topic is still an issue, I'm getting the following error when attempting to save with a use only shimmiers/platformers talisman:

« Last Edit: February 28, 2020, 07:06:54 PM by ccexplore »

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
Re: [BUG][EDITOR] Use only ____ talismans break level when saving
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2020, 12:36:47 AM »
I just tested both these skills, and it works fine.

I also tried something else just in case: I tried adding both conditions to the same talisman. The editor indeed overwrote the first with the second (as of course - you can't "solve with only shimmiers" and "solve with only platformers" at the same time, except by finding a solution that uses no skills at all).

Can you double-check you are indeed using V1.19 of the editor (Help -> About), and if so, can you describe some steps that consistently produce this issue?
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline WillLem

• View Profile
Re: [BUG][EDITOR] Use only ____ talismans break level when saving
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2020, 12:30:46 PM »
I am using V1.19, and it seems to only happen with the shimmier skill. Just tried to make a quick level with a limit-shimmiers talisman and saving it gave the error "the given key was not present in the dictionary."

Since the level cannot be saved in that state, I am unable to provide an example of a level which generates this error...

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
Re: [BUG][EDITOR] limit ______ talismans break level when saving
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2020, 06:13:58 PM »
Just tried to make a quick level with a limit-shimmiers talisman and saving it gave the error "the given key was not present in the dictionary."

Then that's why I couldn't reproduce it - your initial post spoke about "use only _____" talismans, not "limit ______". I'll look into this later today while I'm also looking into the bug GigaLem discovered yesterday.

Now that I'm looking at the correct thing, I can confirm I can reproduce this issue.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2020, 07:07:17 PM by ccexplore »
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline ccexplore

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2020, 07:08:44 PM »
fixed the thread title for bookkeeping purposes

Offline WillLem

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2020, 10:30:13 PM »
Ah yes, sorry about that! Genuine mistake. Thanks for fixing it, ccexplore.

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2020, 11:37:56 PM »
Fixed in commit b4fe635.
My Lemmings projects