Author Topic: [SUG][PLAYER] More specific update link  (Read 1031 times)

Offline Minim

• View Profile
[SUG][PLAYER] More specific update link
« on: February 22, 2020, 06:04:24 AM »
Hi. A pop-up came up on my NeoLemmix Player about an update. I've been told to go to www.neolemmix.com to download. It's fine that it takes you to the main page, but it doesn't take you directly to the download page, which led me to be confused.

https://www.neolemmix.com/?page=neolemmix is a better link.
Level Solving Contest creator. Anybody bored and looking for a different challenge? Try these levels!

Neolemmix: #1 #4 #5 #6
Lix: #2  #7
Both Engines: #3

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
Re: [SUG][PLAYER] More specific update link
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2020, 09:11:38 PM »
Partly, this is to do with not having a really long link. Perhaps what I need to do is create an easy to remember subdomain - like "update.neolemmix.com" or "get.neolemmix.com" - that instantly redirects users to the download. Then, NL could simply present that.
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
Re: [SUG][PLAYER] More specific update link
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2020, 08:45:45 PM »
Commit 3453c49 does one better: The popup now has a "Go to NeoLemmix website" button that can be clicked to go straight to the right page on the NL site. Likewise, the notification for styles updates includes an "Open Style Manager" button.
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)