Author Topic: I wonder if we should create a list  (Read 1829 times)

Offline grams88

• Just one more thing.
    • View Profile
I wonder if we should create a list
« on: December 27, 2020, 05:06:37 AM »
Hi everyone

I might leave this one for someone else to be in charge. I wonder if we have made a list of the Neolemmix packs that only contain the original eight skills and original and oh no more level tilesets. The reason for mentioning this one was I usually get that nostalgic feeling when playing those levels and it feels closest to the original lemmings' games as you can get. I think it was Willlem that got me thinking about this idea as he was mentioning playing the Super lemmini and how close it is to the amiga one.

I admit I'm a big fan of things nostalgic. :lemming::lemming::lemming::lemming:

For the person making the list, I might put the Nuked Lems forward as that contains both original, oh no, and eight skills.

If such a list has been created then it would probably be best to delete this topic.

Offline Flopsy

• Global Moderator
  • Lix Nerd
    • View Profile
Re: I wonder if we should create a list
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2020, 06:13:32 AM »
This seems like a good idea, we could have a table with all the packs in and columns saying

Level Pack Name || Uses 8 original skills only || Uses only Original/Oh No Tilesets  ||

SEB Lems            ||       NO                         ||            NO                                    ||

Lemmings Reunion ||      YES                        ||          NO                                     ||

That's just a rough outline but it could be done with the Level packs in alphabetical order. Perhaps the maintainer of the list could be PM'd if a new pack comes out as a matter of practice when someone releases a new pack so it can be added to this new list.

Offline WillLem

• Unity isn't sameness, it's togetherness
    • View Profile
Re: I wonder if we should create a list
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2020, 07:23:51 AM »
Great idea! Feel free to use this table as a template (click "Modify" and copy the html):

AuthorPack"Classic 8" Skills OnlyOrig/Ohno Tilesets Only
FlopsySEB LemsNoNo
grams88Nuked LemsYesYes
IchoTolotLemmings ReunionYesNo
namidaLemmings Plus IYesYes
namidaLemmings Plus VINoNo
WillLemLemminasNoNo

Also, @grams88 - of course you should do it! If you're the man with the vision, you're the best person for the task 8-)