Author Topic: NeoLemmix V12.7.0-RC release [V12.7.0-RC3 update]  (Read 505 times)

Offline Crane

• View Profile
Re: NeoLemmix V12.7.0-RC release
« Reply #15 on: October 07, 2019, 01:45:24 am »
The final one, which is probably completely unnecessary... can "NEUTRAL" become "EXITER" if they make it to an exit? Just a silly idea since they worked in your favour.

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #16 on: October 07, 2019, 11:49:14 pm »
I mentioned on Discord that I agree re: neutral-zombie, however, I now remember why I distinguished these: So that the player can tell whether a given zombie was originally a neutral or not. Maybe this isn't important. Does anyone think this should be kept? If not, I'll remove it.

Does anyone agree with Crane regarding the neutral count on mouse-over? This could be slightly difficult (though not overly so) to implement, so I'd rather only do it if there's wide interest - but I'm happy to do it if there is.

As mentioned on Discord, I don't think making a special case for Neutral-Exiter is worthwhile.

The suggested change to always display neutral lemming skills when moused-over has been implemented, and will be in the next RC update.

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #17 on: October 08, 2019, 12:35:26 am »
Uploaded V12.7.0-RC3. Changes:
- Main menu actually displays the RC build number now (ie: "RC3", not just "RC").
- A different graphic for orig_fire:firepit and orig_fire:firepit_blue. This is still not considered finalized; this is just a different proposal from the one in previous builds (which is not ruled out either; this is more just a "try a few out" thing).
- When mouse-overing a neutral lemming, the permanent skill icons for it will always be shown, even outside of clear physics mode (this is the same as what already happens with zombies).
- Fixed the bugs relating to the coloring of the alive lemming count.

The update link in the first post can be used to update from either previous V12.7.0-RC build.

Offline Crane

• View Profile
Re: NeoLemmix V12.7.0-RC release [V12.7.0-RC3 update]
« Reply #18 on: October 08, 2019, 05:14:25 am »
In regards to whether a zombie was originally neutral or normal, I think the colour is enough of an indicator.  Speaking of colour, is there a consensus on the colour theme that we're going for?  One thing to note is that there's currently no clear distinction between neutrals that have permanent skills and those that don't (my level, "Last Lemming Standing", is a good indicator of this, as it has both zombies and neutrals with a mixture of permanent skills and those without).

Offline Crane

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 08, 2019, 07:42:28 am »
P.S. Here's version 3 of my showcase level.  I've added some extra graphics, fixed a certain water pit and the talisman is now tougher to get (9 minutes instead of 10 minutes).  Music file can be found on the previous page.

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #20 on: October 08, 2019, 06:35:26 pm »
In regards to whether a zombie was originally neutral or normal, I think the colour is enough of an indicator.  Speaking of colour, is there a consensus on the colour theme that we're going for?  One thing to note is that there's currently no clear distinction between neutrals that have permanent skills and those that don't (my level, "Last Lemming Standing", is a good indicator of this, as it has both zombies and neutrals with a mixture of permanent skills and those without).

Ah, I interpreted your suggestion as "if a neutral gets infected, he's now only a zombie (not also a neutral)", not just "the help text only displays Zombie, not N-Zombie, but he retains neutral appearance features".

There hasn't been any further discussion on appearance since the RC build dropped. If there's another RC update, I should put one of the alternate proposals in it. Or, you can try it yourself by modifying styles/default/lemmings/scheme.nxmi - not the "LEMMING_NEUTRAL_xxxx" lines at the start (those relate to the recoloring for different styles), the $NEUTRAL sections a bit further down, and specifically the "TO" lines in these.