Author Topic: [Bug][Player/Editor] Splitter direction reversed  (Read 1167 times)

Offline Strato Incendus

• The King of Shimmiers (crowned by Flopsy ;D )
  • #RIP Spearer/Grenader (2020 - 2021)
    • View Profile
[Bug][Player/Editor] Splitter direction reversed
« on: August 16, 2019, 10:34:17 PM »
In one of my levels for Lemmings Open Air, a splitter has to be used to turn a basher around, stopping him in the process. This used to work in New Formats, now however the basher continues to bash in the same direction, even though it triggers the splitter to change the direction of its arrows.

It doesn't seem like the splitter itself doesn't work, though - instead, at the start of the level it already points into the direction the basher is facing, even though in the editor, it points the other way.

Basically, no matter whether I flip the splitter object or not, i.e. whether the green arrow points left or right in the editor, that green arrow always points to the right when I actually start the level.

I don't know whether this issue is caused by the player or the editor, because it's about the interaction between the to, so I tagged it as both.

The example level and a replay are attached.
My packs so far:
Lemmings World Tour (New & Old Formats), my music-themed flagship pack, 320 levels - Let's Played by Colorful Arty
Lemmings Open Air, my newest release and follow-up to World Tour, 120 levels
Paralems (Old Formats), a more flavour-driven one, 150 levels
Pit Lems (Old Formats), a more puzzly one, 100 levels - Let's Played by nin10doadict
Lemmicks, a pack for (very old) NeoLemmix 1.43 full of gimmicks, 170 levels

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
Re: [Bug][Player/Editor] Splitter direction reversed
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2019, 12:03:47 AM »
Based on some quick testing, this appears to be a bug with the player. I'll look into this in more depth a bit later.
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2019, 04:36:42 AM »
As suspected, it's a player bug. It appears it was inadvertently introduced when the secondary animations were implemented. I've got a fix prepared; I'll give it a day or so before uploading just in case any other issues arise.
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline Strato Incendus

• The King of Shimmiers (crowned by Flopsy ;D )
  • #RIP Spearer/Grenader (2020 - 2021)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2019, 08:54:44 AM »
Great, thanks for tackling this so quickly, namida! :thumbsup:
My packs so far:
Lemmings World Tour (New & Old Formats), my music-themed flagship pack, 320 levels - Let's Played by Colorful Arty
Lemmings Open Air, my newest release and follow-up to World Tour, 120 levels
Paralems (Old Formats), a more flavour-driven one, 150 levels
Pit Lems (Old Formats), a more puzzly one, 100 levels - Let's Played by nin10doadict
Lemmicks, a pack for (very old) NeoLemmix 1.43 full of gimmicks, 170 levels