Author Topic: [BUG][EDITOR] Speed / Angle parameters are stripped from moving backgrounds  (Read 1241 times)

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
Not being able to edit them is one thing, but the editor is stripping these values altogether.
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline Strato Incendus

• The King of Shimmiers (crowned by Flopsy ;D )
  • #RIP Spearer/Grenader (2020 - 2021)
    • View Profile
Yes, this is what I've been criticising for a while now - since the topic of moving animations for triggered options was recently created, I thought about bringing it up again there. Because I think before we add such new features, we should get the old ones to work again first, meaning moving background objects like the bees from Honeycomb etc.

I used to manually edit those parameters in for the leaves in my Autumn tileset, because while I can easily create a level with moving leaves in the Old Formats editor, once I convert it, those leaves remain static. So with manual entering of the values, I could only get a rough approximation of their original movement - but what is really annoying is that anytime I change something about the level itself (fix a backroute or something similar), I have to re-enter the values for the moving objects again.

This also explains what happened when I looked at one of Flopsy's Honeycomb levels from SEB Lems for reference:
- opened the level in the player in the context of the pack --> bees are moving
- opened the level in the editor --> bees stand still
- re-opened the level in the player in the context of the pack --> bees do not move anymore if you've previously saved the level while it was opened in the editor
My packs so far:
Lemmings World Tour (New & Old Formats), my music-themed flagship pack, 320 levels - Let's Played by Colorful Arty
Lemmings Open Air, my newest release and follow-up to World Tour, 120 levels
Paralems (Old Formats), a more flavour-driven one, 150 levels
Pit Lems (Old Formats), a more puzzly one, 100 levels - Let's Played by nin10doadict
Lemmicks, a pack for (very old) NeoLemmix 1.43 full of gimmicks, 170 levels

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
Fixed in commit 8c7f2d8 in my repo.
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
I notice a related topic exists, about not being able to edit them: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=4017.0

Since they're at least preserved now, this topic has done its duty, and editing can be for that other one.

One thing I will point out - contrary to Nepster's post in that topic, angle increments are 22.5 degrees, not 45 degrees. It requires an integer value, so for an angle ending in .5, you'll need to round it - it doesn't matter whether you round up or down, NeoLemmix will accept it either way (in fact - it will accept any integer, and round it to the nearest multiple of 22.5 degrees). I can't tell you off-hand which direction 0 is, or whether it goes clockwise or anticlockwise - but at a guess based on what I think I'd have most likely done, 0 will be either straight up or straight right (more likely the former), and it'll increase as you go clockwise.
My Lemmings projects