Author Topic: [Bug/Suggestion][Graphic Set Converter] Custom sounds do not get copied  (Read 1587 times)

Offline Strato Incendus

• The King of Shimmiers (crowned by Flopsy ;D )
  • #RIP Spearer/Grenader (2020 - 2021)
    • View Profile
I created a custom sound for my leaf trap in the Autumn tileset. I inserted it into the Old Formats graphic set tool, because I'm more familiar with that one. The conversion of the tileset itself went fine, but the trap is silent in New Formats.

I know there is a sounds folder, and I put the sound in there, too. But I have no idea on how I have to name it in order for it to be recognised. This doesn't seem to be part of the translation table or anything along those lines.

If it's too difficult to make the Graphic Set Conversion tool take care of custom sounds as well, please at least make it part of the graphic set conversion instructions, so that any graphic set creator knows how to do this manually.
My packs so far:
Lemmings World Tour (New & Old Formats), my music-themed flagship pack, 320 levels - Let's Played by Colorful Arty
Lemmings Open Air, my newest release and follow-up to World Tour, 120 levels
Paralems (Old Formats), a more flavour-driven one, 150 levels
Pit Lems (Old Formats), a more puzzly one, 100 levels - Let's Played by nin10doadict
Lemmicks, a pack for (very old) NeoLemmix 1.43 full of gimmicks, 170 levels

Offline IchoTolot

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: [Bug/Suggestion][Graphic Set Converter] Custom sounds do not get copied
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2018, 04:59:58 PM »
Look at the .nxmo file of the object.

After the "TRIGGER" lines add "SOUND *insert_soundfilename_here*" as a new line. The custom sound should now play.

If you need an example, look at the L2 space teleporter's ".nxmo" file. The line there is:

"SOUND teleporter"

But yes this should be mentioned in the topic as well.

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
Re: [Bug/Suggestion][Graphic Set Converter] Custom sounds do not get copied
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2018, 05:51:39 AM »
The conversion tool does not automatically handle custom sounds; they must be restored manually.
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)