Author Topic: [NeoLemmix 10.13] Nuclear Winter  (Read 4061 times)

Offline Strato Incendus

• The King of Shimmiers (crowned by Flopsy ;D )
  • #RIP Spearer/Grenader (2020 - 2021)
    • View Profile
[NeoLemmix 10.13] Nuclear Winter
« on: June 03, 2018, 11:23:00 AM »
Since Lemmings World Tour is probably going to be my last pack for the old formats version (hoping that at least either the jumper or the shimmier will be implemented in the meantime ;) ), it's also going to be the last one containing what seems to have become a pet element of mine - mainly because everyone else has stopped using it.

You probably guessed it: I'm talking about radiation and slowfreeze :) .

So I thought, in order to commemorate the departure of these two infamous objects, why not do a compilation pack? :)

Do you have any old radiation- and/or slowfreeze-based levels lying around? ;) Send them to me or upload them here, and I'll compile them into a pack of three ranks:

- one containing only radiation levels
- one containing only slowfreeze levels
- one containing levels that feature both radiation and slowfreeze

Just remember to write your name into the author line, of course! ;)

I'm just curious to see how many actually good puzzles there might be in total which contain these objects! :D So if we gather all the radiation- and slowfreeze levels in one pack, we'll have the overview.

(Any levels from Lemmings World Tour with radiation or slowfreeze are still going to go into this pack, including those I might still come up with. So there won't be a release right away, but probably about the time Lemmings World Tour gets released :) ).
My packs so far:
Lemmings World Tour (New & Old Formats), my music-themed flagship pack, 320 levels - Let's Played by Colorful Arty
Lemmings Open Air, my newest release and follow-up to World Tour, 120 levels
Paralems (Old Formats), a more flavour-driven one, 150 levels
Pit Lems (Old Formats), a more puzzly one, 100 levels - Let's Played by nin10doadict
Lemmicks, a pack for (very old) NeoLemmix 1.43 full of gimmicks, 170 levels

Offline Strato Incendus

• View Profile
Re: [NeoLemmix 10.13] Nuclear Winter
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2019, 11:47:12 AM »
Okay, since the idea of a community pack commemorating radiation and slowfreeze didn't get any responses, I'm just going to use this as a compilation of all my radiation- and slowfreeze levels across the years, to finally close that chapter. :D

The purpose of this pack - which will have to be released for Old Formats, i.e. version 10.13 - is merely to provide players of New-Formats Lemmings World Tour (or New-Formats Pit Lems, coming soon! ;) ) a quick and easy overview of and access to all the levels which were removed from World Tour or Pit Lems during conversion - with the few remaining ones from Paralems and Lemmicks rounding out the mix.

This way, new players can play the entirety of my packs in New Formats, and then just quickly identify the missing ones in this one small collection.

For this purpose, the "author" line is going to list which pack the levels were taken from, just like in Lemmings Redux.

I think for those people interested in what the levels originally looked like, this is much more convenient than downloading Lemmings World Tour or Pit Lems twice - once for New, once for Old Formats - and then browsing through the level list looking for the few that are different. Hence, I'm putting all my nuclear waste right here! :D

As said before, there's going to be three very short ranks: one for radiation, one for slowfreeze, and one for levels featuring both
Hence, the rank names are going to be: Nuclear, Winter, and Meltdown

No new levels created here, i.e. no new content for an outdated version of NeoLemmix! ;) Just a compilation!

Level list (click to show/hide)

For some of the Lemmicks levels, I'll have to see whether I can make them work without the gimmicks. This affects in particular "Lem it snow" (from the Circular rank) and "Lock and load" (from the Eternal rank). The ones taken from the Basic rank are not going to pose a problem.

I don't expect a huge player response to this compilation, in case anyone is wondering :D . But eh, Colorful Arty's Let's Play of Lemmings World Tour is very entertaining, and he already told me he's going to play the entire pack in Old Formats eventually. And new players who might stumble across his Let's Play, or nin10doadict's Let's Play of Old-Formats Pit Lems, might indeed be somewhat curious about how puzzly radiation and slowfreeze can get.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2019, 10:48:48 AM by Strato Incendus »
My packs so far:
Lemmings World Tour (New & Old Formats), my music-themed flagship pack, 320 levels - Let's Played by Colorful Arty
Pit Lems (Old Formats), a more puzzly one, 100 levels - Let's Played by nin10doadict

Offline jkapp76

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2023, 12:41:46 AM »
This is a great post for finding all the slowfreeze/radiation levels.
...Jeremy Kapp

Offline Strato Incendus

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2023, 06:01:41 PM »
Glad it was good for something, even though this pack never became a thing… :evil:
My packs so far: