Author Topic: Drawful [forum]  (Read 22846 times)

Offline 607

• View Profile
Re: Drawful [forum]
« Reply #15 on: June 05, 2018, 06:24:43 PM »
Question: do points get split between the people who gave the answer, or do all people get the full amount of points? That seems quite significant strategy-wise.

Offline Quizmaster

• We have asked 100 people...
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 06, 2018, 12:52:04 AM »
Question: do points get split between the people who gave the answer, or do all people get the full amount of points? That seems quite significant strategy-wise.

Note sure I understand the question so I hope this answers it:
scoring only happens after (and in regard to) round 3. Scoring is not based on answers given in round 2.

It will work just like family feud: everyone will get to see all answers given (including the actual answer) anonymously, and guess/vote for one of them. The people who voted for the most popular answer (got the most votes) get 1 point. The second voted gets half points, third a quater point etc...

Currently I'm deciding (during round 3) whether to list the same answer given multiple times; multiple times or just once (thus condensing the total number of answers for some pictures).

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #17 on: June 06, 2018, 01:17:23 AM »
Currently I'm deciding (during round 3) whether to list the same answer given multiple times; multiple times or just once (thus condensing the total number of answers for some pictures).

How exactly would round 3 work with duplicates? Let's say there's two answers "Example" - we'll call them Example A and Example B.

If players have to pick only Example A or Example B, the result becomes purely a matter of luck. And if the votes (and thus, score) is combined, then there's no point seperating them in the first place.

There could be a better argument for simply revealing how many times an answer was given. However, this would likely just cause votes to gravitate towards the most commonly nominated answer, somewhat defeating the purpose. (Yes, the lower number of options reveals that some options got multiple nominations, but it doesn't reveal which ones.)
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline ccexplore

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 06, 2018, 05:50:13 AM »
I'm still having a hard time seeing how revealing the number of times an answer was nominated in round 2 would improve round 3.  I'm guessing one of the ideas is to maybe encourage some people to provide some very, let's say unexpected, answers for round 2.  Bonus if somehow a "very wrong" answer ends up somehow being quite popular for round 2, such that its surprise popularity may become a bit of a curveball for how people would answer for round 3, but I'm not sure how often something like that would really happen.

Another maybe interesting case is if the "actual answer" was something no one nominated in round 2, and so end up with the lowest nomination count of 1.  Then you may have another case where if the nomination counts are shown, some people in round 3 could be torn between picking the actual answer vs a more nominated answer.  Then again, maybe the drawing is just so off, that the actual answer would simply not realistically be picked by anyone in round 3.

Basically it seems like only if the number of times an answer was nominated in round 2 ends up serving more as misinformation, would then maybe make round 3 interesting to be able to see those round 2 nomination counts, and I'm just not sure that would happen all that much.

So I think I'm still leaning towards keeping things simple and not show how many times an answer was nominated in round 2.  Though I'm not strongly opposed to doing the opposite, and maybe for the very first time this game is played, we could try that and see how it goes, and then reconsider for the next game.

Offline ccexplore

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 06, 2018, 07:11:21 AM »
I'm quite curious how many cases we'd turn out seeing where only the one actual answer was nominated in round 2, so that it becomes an automatic score of 1 for everyone in round 3 for that drawing.  Ironic that the more accurately the drawing represents the intended word/phrase, the less interesting it could then become for round 3 scoring. :-\

I guess if we do see too many cases of that, we'll take it as evidence to perhaps go with more difficult words or phrases for the next game.

Offline 607

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 06, 2018, 01:34:44 PM »
The people who voted for the most popular answer (got the most votes) get 1 point.
Oh. You made a mistake before, then.
Scoring:
-Scoring works like family feud: 1 point is given to the person who's guess got the most votes.
But what you're saying now makes more sense. I'll send in my solutions. :)
Edit: I just realised... what I say now doesn't even matter. It won't get me points anyway. I think.

Offline ccexplore

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 13, 2018, 04:17:45 AM »
Will Round 3 be starting soon?

Offline Quizmaster

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 13, 2018, 11:05:18 PM »
Round 3 Begins

Below are all pictures and the guesses everyone made on them. Now your job is to PM the Quizmaster with a vote on each picture. You're voting for what you think is the best answer or what you think everyone else will pick. Because your score will be determined like the family feud: top voted answers get the highest score, etc.

Bagpipes
bagpipe quartet
Four
four bagpipes

not a piece of cake
Fall and no Life
Portal
Lie
the cake is a lie

singer
Markiplier
Chocolate
Chocolate Rain
Fishing
a microphone
Radiocast Host
DJ Butthead

autopsy
science
surgery
Frankenstein
Frankenstein's monster
Muppet Labs

satellite
They See Me Rollin'
Sausage on spit
space station
The USS Enterprise

Egypt
sphinx
the sphinx from UCH
Welcome to Egypt

exit
Teleporter
discontinuous function
Continuity
Lemmings thinking with portals

sausage
kiełbasa
Ladder
wurst

dancing on someone's grave
Night
zombie
Zombies' awakening
The night of the living dead

Offline ccexplore

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 14, 2018, 03:59:47 AM »
Such similar answers to choose from!  This will clearly be a tough round.

Offline Akseli

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 14, 2018, 08:25:43 PM »
Ohh, in the original Drawful game you get points for answering the correct answer, not the most guessed one. That's why everyone were supposed to make plausible answers, so that people would choose their answer. Person whose wrong answer is guessed by someone else, gets also points.

In Jackbox games you get 1000 points for guessing the correct answer and the person who drew the picture gets 1000 points times the number of people who guesses the correct answer. The person whose wrong answer is guessed gets 500 points times the number of people who guesses that wrong answer.

But we're still going for the Family Feud scoring trying to get the most popular answer?

Offline SQron188

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 15, 2018, 07:22:39 AM »
Ohh, in the original Drawful game you get points for answering the correct answer, not the most guessed one. That's why everyone were supposed to make plausible answers, so that people would choose their answer. Person whose wrong answer is guessed by someone else, gets also points.

In Jackbox games you get 1000 points for guessing the correct answer and the person who drew the picture gets 1000 points times the number of people who guesses the correct answer. The person whose wrong answer is guessed gets 500 points times the number of people who guesses that wrong answer.

But we're still going for the Family Feud scoring trying to get the most popular answer?

I think that's how it went.

I second this notion

Offline Quizmaster

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 15, 2018, 08:35:33 PM »
well 4 people entered votes already so it's up to you to decide; it's kind of late to change the rules (hence why I mentioned discussing the rules in the first post) but if everyone wants the scoring as it was in the actual Drawful game we can do it that way.

Offline Akseli

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 15, 2018, 10:27:44 PM »
Yeah, you're right. My bad, I have no idea how I missed scoring discussion at the beginning. :lem-mindblown:

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #28 on: June 18, 2018, 07:55:49 AM »
The actual Drawful scoring does make more sense. However, at this stage, people have played so far based on the rules you presented earlier.

As such, I vote: Keep the rules as they are for this game, but change to the actual Drawful rules for the next game.
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline ccexplore

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 22, 2018, 10:44:41 PM »
Any chance that this can be wrapped up sometime over this weekend?  If nothing else I just want to know who drew what and what they were supposed to draw.

What do people feel about the overall pacing of this game?