Author Topic: Drawful [forum]  (Read 22847 times)

Offline Quizmaster

• We have asked 100 people...
    • View Profile
Drawful [forum]
« on: May 26, 2018, 10:21:25 PM »
-- DRAWFUL ---

Come one, come all! Post if you'd like to participate in a new fun artsy drawing game! (based on the Jackbox game) There are 3 rounds; you may participate in anyone 1 or all of them .

note: I made some minor adjustments to the rules and tried to clarify them.

round 1:
Participants will be given (via PM) a word or phrase. Once you're PM'd your phrase you may use an editor of your choice (like paint.NET) to draw your picture, but please follow these rules:

-the image must be 300x300 pixels (but you needn't necessarily fill it up).
-you may use only 1 color. (It can be any color, but must be a monochrome image)
-words are allowed (but not 'text') but try to limit that to a minimum. This isn't a hard and fast rule but be sensible.
-PM your pic (by attachment) to the Quizmaster. DO NOT post it in this topic.

The goal is to make a quick, simple and crude drawing. You may of course spend as much time as you like and make amazing artistic works with just the simple tools of paint. The point is not who is the most artistic but to make a drawing that represents your word.

-This round will be open for about 5-7 days depending on how many people join and send in their entries.

round 2:
-the pictures will be posted (anonymously). Anyone (even if you didn't enter a drawing) may PM the quizmaster  with guesses on what each picture represents.
-The author of a picture does not guess on his own picture.
-Please only 1 guess per picture
-Please make a guess for every picture
-This round will be open for about 5-7 days depending on how many people join.
No points are awarding during this phase and your score does not directly depend on what you say here. Neither does it matter if you guess "correctly" or not.
-You are are not allowed to change your answer.

round 3:
Each picture will be posted again with all the guesses (and correct answer) given. Everyone (and other people who didn't necessarily participate in the first 2 rounds) may enter and vote on the guesses on each picture as to which they think is the best one. What's "best" is up to you. It can be either what you think is correct or the most entertaining. You may vote for your own guess.
-PM the quizmaster once more with your votes.

Scoring:
-Scoring works like family feud:
People who voted for the most popular guess (which got the most votes) get the highest point. (1 point). Scores are halved for the next highest votes, and halved again for the next highest, etc.

Feel free to discuss the rules or scoring here
« Last Edit: June 06, 2018, 09:31:04 PM by Quizmaster »

Offline Simon

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Lix
Re: Drawful [forum]
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2018, 10:37:32 PM »
Excellent idea, I'll play!

-- Simon

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2018, 10:46:34 PM »
Sure, I'm in.
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline Ryemanni

• Indeed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2018, 02:48:26 PM »
Sounds fun. I'll play.

Offline 607

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2018, 07:17:47 PM »
Interesting. I'm not sure if and how it'll work, but I'd like to help in finding out.

Offline geoo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2018, 09:56:17 PM »
I'm in.

Offline Akseli

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2018, 08:24:10 AM »
Me too.

Offline Nessy

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2018, 11:38:12 PM »
I'm in :)

Offline Quizmaster

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2018, 12:17:40 AM »
Let the games commence! :party:

We have long list of phrases. The quizmaster will decide who gets which phrase by a roll of dice. (so it's random and fair). The words/phrases come from various places, mostly searching Pictionary online.

-Once you're PM'd your phrase you may use an editor of your own choice to draw your picture, but please follow these rules:

-the image must be 300x300 pixels (but you needn't necessarily fill it up).
-you may use only 1 color. (It can be any color, but must be a monochrome image)
-words are allowed (but not 'text') but try to limit that to a minimum. This isn't a hard and fast rule but be sensible.
-Please refrain from using an abundance of artistic features (like Photoshop's feather tool). The goal is to make a quick and simple picture.
-PM your pic (by attachment) to the Quizmaster. DO NOT post it in this topic.

-The Quizmaster may enter a drawing but not participate in the rest of the game (for obvious reasons)

-People may still enter and request a word until this round ends (in 5-7 days)
« Last Edit: May 31, 2018, 12:30:37 AM by Quizmaster »

Offline 607

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2018, 08:41:35 AM »
What's the profit of being able to vote on your own guess?

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2018, 10:55:06 AM »

This is actually a good point. While you might know what word you actually had, scoring isn't based off that, it's based off what answer is voted as best.

Although now that I think about it - I don't see how that's going to work, if the correct answer is revealed. Maybe this needs to be revised a bit - perhaps simply Family Feud style scoring on the guesses directly, rather than having that voting afterwards? (Still post the correct answers of course, but don't have them impact score in any way, maybe?)
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline Quizmaster

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 01, 2018, 02:00:19 AM »

This is actually a good point. While you might know what word you actually had, scoring isn't based off that, it's based off what answer is voted as best.

Although now that I think about it - I don't see how that's going to work, if the correct answer is revealed. Maybe this needs to be revised a bit - perhaps simply Family Feud style scoring on the guesses directly, rather than having that voting afterwards? (Still post the correct answers of course, but don't have them impact score in any way, maybe?)

sorry for confusion:
The 'correct' or original word will be released with all the others but it will not be revealed which one that is. So Only the author of a particular pic will know the 'correct' answer. Which means one person will know the correct answer to one pic. But as you said this doesn't matter since you want to vote for what you think everyone else will, which may not necessarily be the correct one.
In other words:
At round three: all the guesses will appear under the picture (in no particular order) and it won't be revealed who said what (or who's picture it is).
The original word (or correct guesses) will have no impact on the score. Only the most popular guess voted for gets most points.

This is all based on exactly how the Jackbox Drawful game worked, (if I understood it correctly, someone please correct me if I'm getting it wrong).

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #13 on: June 01, 2018, 04:10:55 AM »
Ah, that makes a bit more sense then. :)
My Lemmings projects

Offline Quizmaster

• View Profile
Re: Drawful - round 2!
« Reply #14 on: June 05, 2018, 12:08:20 AM »
thank you, fine artists, for entering a drawing.
Now in round 2, you (and anyone else, you needn't have participated in round 1) will make a guess as to what each picture represent (via PM to the Quizmaster). Please do not post guesses here.
-Please only 1 guess per picture
-Please make a guess for every picture
-Disregard your own picture.
-You may comment on each picture or guess who drew it but this does not effect scoring in any way.
-This round will be open for about 5-7 days depending on how many people join.

-------

« Last Edit: June 05, 2018, 12:34:54 AM by Quizmaster »