Author Topic: [NeoLemmix] Official Lemmings Packs in New Format  (Read 7989 times)

Offline Nessy

• View Profile
[NeoLemmix] Official Lemmings Packs in New Format
« on: April 25, 2018, 02:43:08 AM »
Official .nxp Lemmings packs from the NeoLemmix website converted to new formats. Available for download on this thread and on NeoLemmix.com

All of these require NL V12.7.0 or higher.

Original Lemmings

Oh No! More Lemmings

Xmas Lemmings 91 & 92

Holiday Lemmings 93 & 94

Covox Lemmings

Prima Publishing Lemmings

Extra Official Levels

« Last Edit: November 10, 2019, 06:32:47 AM by namida »

Offline insulfrog

• View Profile
Re: [NeoLemmix] Official Lemmings Packs in New Format
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2018, 06:38:37 PM »
Just being playing through the Official Lemmings Packs and gotten so far as the Holiday Lemmings 93/94 pack. All levels so far I have complete except one:

Frost 12 - It's Boxing day!

The official solution usually involves using the area where the terrain meets the top of the level to the left of the steel box area to turn the lemmings around for the 'next bit'. But since the top of the level is now a 'kill zone', introduced in the new format version of Neolemmix, the level is now unsolvable. I essentially tried just about all the tricks in the book but I always fall short of the lemming requirement every time (any ideas?).

If I find more unsolvable levels as I play through the other official packs since their re-releases to the new format, I will post about them here.

Cheers

Offline Nessy

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2018, 07:31:54 PM »
Thanks insulfrog for reporting this. chrisleec728 had a similar issue.

Unfortunately I haven't played these Holiday Lemming packs so I was unfamiliar with these broken levels :(. If you find any more please let me know.

Offline insulfrog

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2018, 09:27:11 AM »
Two more broken levels found but this time, in the Official Extra Levels - Genesis rank - yet to do the other ranks of this pack:

The first is level 46 'No Hurry, Relax' where you normally have to use the left most wall to be used to turn the worker lemming around climbing up and floating back down. However I did manage to find an alternate solution (see attached replay).

The other is level 47 'Lemmings' Ark' where you have to use the right hand wall to turn climbers around.

Both levels again used to use the top of the level to achieve this but now not possible due to the top-of-level kill zone.

Other ranks to to do, expect a few more to pop up.

Update: I have completed all the Official Packs available to the New Format version of Neolemmix, rest of the levels are ok.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2018, 11:45:11 AM by insulfrog »

Offline Nessy

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2018, 06:54:35 PM »
All broken levels have been fixed :thumbsup:

You need to re-download the packs in question again, but because they are in new format all you have to do is extract the broken levels only and overwrite the broken version on your side. New format for the win! :)

Offline Nessy

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2018, 09:01:44 PM »
A small update towards the "Extra Levels" pack.

There were two PSP levels called "FloatinLightatLemmingHeadHeight" and "BashintheDirectionoftheArrows" because of the limited title character space. The new 40 character limit now allows these titles to have the proper spacing they need in this pack update :)

Offline insulfrog

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2018, 02:59:48 PM »
 Downloaded and tested Nessy, proper spacing on the level names is verified. :)

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2019, 09:25:56 PM »
Uploaded updates for some of these (Orig, OhNo, Extra and H94) to address the missing simple autosteel settings. Since simple-autosteel is long-deprecated and will be culled in the near future anyway, I updated the levels to not need it, instead of restoring the setting.

Affected levels are:

Orig
Tricky 4 "Here's One I Prepared Earlier"
Tricky 9 "They Just Keep On Coming"
Tricky 28 "Lost Something?"
Taxing 7 "Every Lemming For Himself!"
Mayhem 1 "Steel Works"
Mayhem 6 "One Way Or Another"
Mayhem 12 "The Far Side"
Mayhem 18 "And Then There Were Four..."

OhNo
Havoc 17 "Where Lemmings Dare"

H94
Flurry 12 "Presents Of Mind"
Flurry 13 "Yo-yo Lem-lem"

Extra
Genesis 24 "Jump Down"
Genesis 32 "Watch right and left!"
Genesis 36 "Over The Wall"
2P 13 "The Hammock"
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2020, 01:56:15 AM »
Okay so, as per discussions, I'm no longer going to maintain these, or give them official status, going forward.

I will leave these versions available to download until such time as there's a generally-accepted community replacement (or, that I feel enough time has passed that the lack of such a replacement indicates there isn't enough demand to warrant it). Anyone wanting to do this is welcome to use these versions as their starting point if they wish.

To avoid confusion between different replacements, please make sure that any are named in a way that clearly indicates their nature. For example, "Bob's Lemmings Conversion", not just "Original Lemmings". This means that eg. in the context of challenges etc, people can clearly talk about "Bob's Lemmings Conversion", rather than just vaguely referring to "a conversion".
« Last Edit: May 27, 2020, 02:37:05 AM by namida »
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)