Author Topic: Movies  (Read 56554 times)

Conway

Movies
« on: July 11, 2004, 10:03:01 PM »
Similar to the thread on LU, what films have you seen recently? What films do you recommend? What films do you recommend against? New or old, let's share!

Last night I watched Vanilla Sky - BRILLIANT! This film has everything; drama, romance, mystery, action, horror, sci-fi, and all weaved so seamlessly into the story. Whatever your taste in films, you will likely enjoy it. I wrote a review of it and sent it to IMDB today. I'll post a link to it when they upload it.

So . . . What have you seen recently?

G3K

Re: Movies
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2004, 10:05:55 PM »
Now that I think about it, I haven't actually saw many films recently... probably the most recent was Hannibal at a friend's, which was a pretty good movie, if a tad weird.

Conway

« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2004, 10:44:25 PM »

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2004, 03:33:38 AM »
Went to the movies with my girlfriend on Friday... saw Mean Girls... it totally frucking ruled!

If you're gonna see a movie, you gotta see "Mean Girls".
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline Lemika

• The Lurker in the Level
    • View Profile
    • Corner the Maze - a webcomic
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2004, 03:45:47 PM »
That sounds like one of those dumb real life movies, so I don't believe you.

Anyhow, the last movie I watched was Buckaroo Banzai again. I'm getting the urge to watch Battlestar Galactica, but I can't, because we don't have it. I don't even know why I want to watch it right now O_o

Andi

« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2004, 04:38:01 PM »
I can't wait for "Aliens vs Predator"!!!  >:( >:( >:( X_X X_X X_X

G3K

« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2004, 06:27:51 PM »
One thing I've really wanted to see is the original Alien - apparently it's one of the scariest films ever made. Or something.

Anyhow, I could've went and saw Around The World In Eighty Days today, but I instead opted to hang about with a couple of friends... I don't know if the film was better than a LAN tournament of UT2K4 and a game of football-tennis (think tennis with a football, played over a fence in my garden), and I guess I'll never find out.

Offline DragonsLover

• Do you want fire?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2004, 09:49:04 PM »
I saw Terminator 2 again on a TV show. It's a good movie!

EDIT: Something hard for me: On, At, For, To... X_X So, is it ok?
I like dragons! They're the center of my life! I'll never forget them...

Offline Timballisto

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2004, 01:14:02 AM »
All of those things are called prepositions.  The are used to descrobe one object's relation to another.  There are more than 100 prepositions.  You have to memorize what each one means.  You used "on" correctly.  One example of a mistake you could make would be "I saw a bird to my house."  In reallity, the correct sentence would most likely be "I saw a bird at my house."

If I were to explain everything about prepositions, it would take me several more characters.  Ask a local English teacher about them for more information.

Offline Liebatron

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2004, 02:59:35 AM »
I have a sudden urge to watch starwars.

Offline Lemika

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2004, 02:35:10 PM »
Join the club.

Conway

« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2004, 12:17:29 PM »
I saw the new version of Around the World in 80 Days a few days ago at the cinema. It was pretty cool.

Last night I achieved a feat I never thought I would - I sat through all three hours of Lord of the Rings: Return of the King. I don't really follow Lord of the Rings, but it was well made if nothing else.

Offline Lemika

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 14, 2004, 06:02:41 PM »
And it certainly was nothing else. Nothing else at all.

Lemeri

« Reply #13 on: July 17, 2004, 07:51:56 PM »
I love all the Starwars movies, those that I've seen, at least. Have they come out with the 3rd one yet?

Offline Lemika

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 17, 2004, 07:55:51 PM »
Nah, not yet... weirdly, it seems like our supply of Insiders suddenly got cut off O_o

I think it was supposed to come out sometime next year?