Author Topic: Movies  (Read 55770 times)

drumnbach

Re: Movies
« Reply #165 on: July 22, 2005, 10:21:55 PM »
Big Lebowski, big favourite of mine. One of the few decent stoner movies.

Now this story I'm about to unfold took place back in the early nineties-- just about the time of our conflict with Sad'm and the Eye-rackies. I only mention it 'cause some- times there's a man--I won't say a hee-ro, 'cause what's a hee-ro?--but sometimes there's a man. And I'm talkin' about the Dude here-- sometimes there's a man who, wal, he's the man for his time'n place, he fits right in there--and that's the Dude, in Los Angeles. And even if he's a lazy man, and the Dude was certainly that--quite possibly the laziest in Los Angeles County. ...which would place him high in the runnin' for laziest worldwide--but sometimes there's a man... sometimes there's a man.

2001 is one of my favourite films. Many people call it boring, perhaps because it's one of the few visual experiences where one can use their imagination to fill in the gaps. Although it's a good theory that the long periods of nothingness are there to convey the deep emptiness of outer space, I prefer to see those parts as intermissions in where the viewer can start working things out, or philosophise on the events that preceded.

Conway

« Reply #166 on: August 24, 2005, 12:39:41 AM »
I prefer to see those parts as intermissions in where the viewer can . . . philosophise on the events that preceded.

Yeah, that's how I always saw it.

Just saw Team America: World Police last night. Very crude, politically incorrect, and totally hilarious. Check it out if you haven't already.

Conway

« Reply #167 on: September 13, 2005, 10:44:06 AM »
So, anybody seem a film called Mulholland Drive? It's one of the weirdest and most confusing films ever made, surely.

Offline Isu

• View Profile
« Reply #168 on: September 13, 2005, 05:04:49 PM »
Quote from: Conway  link=1089583381/165#167 date=1126608246
So, anybody seem a film called Mulholland Drive? It's one of the weirdest and most confusing films ever made, surely.

I think my nomination for the weirdest and most confusing go to "The Silence of the Lambs"  :D