Author Topic: Movies  (Read 57283 times)

Lemeri

Re: Movies
« Reply #15 on: July 17, 2004, 07:57:17 PM »
They never said when it would come out. And as for the insiders, we prolly need to re-subscribe.

Offline Lemika

• The Lurker in the Level
    • View Profile
    • Corner the Maze - a webcomic
« Reply #16 on: July 17, 2004, 10:38:43 PM »
I mean I think I heard that somewhere. This doesn't necessarily mean that it is true.
And why did you italicize insiders?

Lemeri

« Reply #17 on: July 18, 2004, 07:21:40 PM »
Becuase it's the name of the magazine, as in when you talk about a ship, you call it the '(shipname). Same idea.

Conway

« Reply #18 on: July 18, 2004, 09:27:58 PM »
I don't think I'll be seeing this film: Link But if you're into extreme blood and violence (coughLem'kacough), it looks kind of funny.

G3K

« Reply #19 on: July 18, 2004, 10:55:02 PM »
Well, I've just finished watching The Hole on TV, and I can confidently say that I won't sleep properly tonight O_O Pretty scary stuff.

Offline Lemika

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 19, 2004, 04:13:11 PM »
The Hole? Is that like the Black Hole?

Actually, I'd probably hate that movie. I only like writing about and drawing extreme blood and violence. Weirdly, I don't like watching it  O_O

Lemeri

« Reply #21 on: July 19, 2004, 04:16:35 PM »
THEN WHY DO YOU PLAY UT2004 YOU LYING WEASEL?!? EH?

G3K

« Reply #22 on: July 19, 2004, 04:28:54 PM »
It wasn't so much violence as brilliantly-written horror... true, some poor guy got his head smashed in because he tried to nick a can of Coke, but that wasn't the worst thing.

As for the Black Hole, I have no idea what that is, so I couldn't say.

The plot for The Hole is that four university students get locked in some underground bunker, and only one comes out alive after a whole series of events which were, put simply, her fault. IMDB it for more/better info.

Offline Lemika

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 19, 2004, 04:41:30 PM »
I meant as in movies/film/I'm actually there, not computer games. And I think you could've figured that out :P

The Black Hole was a fairly old movie about some professor or something who got trapped near a black hole, was obsessed with it, and a robot named Maximillian. I remember nothing else about it except that Maximillian killed at least one person, probably a main character.

Offline Liebatron

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 19, 2004, 05:40:10 PM »
The urge to watch starwars is no longer present.

Lemeri

« Reply #25 on: July 19, 2004, 07:59:36 PM »
The best line (and part) of the movie is where Maximillian kills one of the people, and then pushes his body down the reactor and the professor says "Maximillian! You should not have done that! He was a good man." I also remember that the professor guy was doing some kind of cloning research.

Offline Lemika

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 19, 2004, 08:02:05 PM »
I thought he was researching the black hole.
Anyways, I think it just came out on DVD or something...

Lemeri

« Reply #27 on: July 19, 2004, 08:06:23 PM »
Yes it did.

It was made in 1979, and they just put it out again on DVD.

Offline Liebatron

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 19, 2004, 09:11:54 PM »
...Sounds interesting.who are the main characters?

Conway

« Reply #29 on: July 20, 2004, 02:21:22 AM »
WOW!  O_O I have just seen what is probably one of the weirdest and spookiest films of all time! It's an old black and white horror called 'Eraserhead', directed by David Lynch. I won't even try to explain what it's about. All I will say is that it just has to be seen to be believed. It is so abnormal, and yet the characters are so human (well, the main one is, anyway!) Everyone else is just there to add to the surrealism. If you get the chance, see Eraserhead and let me know what you think.

Check it out on IMDB for more info.

G3K, I've seen The Hole advertised. Is it any good? I looked rather cheap to me.